Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Middlesex County Premier League

Truth Teller

Tree Hugger - I've taken the liberty of copying the 'match report' from your Website and whoever wrote it must have been at a totally different game as it's nothing like the one I had the misfortune of witnessing:

Bedfont started the 2008/2009 season with a slightly different squad from the previous campaign. Kenrick Harriot, Gary Phillips and Mark Clarke made their debut performances.

After a strong start by Bedfont, where only a few inches and a fine save denied both Harriet and Barlow...Bedfont were looking for a romp as their opponents could only offer the occasional flurry forward. However, after 25 minutes, a long ball allowed Bethnel to pressure the Bedfont back four, and the rebound fell to the ever dangerous Kamara, who rounded a challenge by Brdigeman to rifle past Gary.

Then, as tempers mounted, Bethnel grabbed their second goal from only their third shot, and fourth forage into the Bedfont third.

Bedfont rallied again for the rest of the half, and a snap shot by barrett fell into the goalkeepers arms.

The second half was somewhat a different story, as Bedfont started to play more football and soon clawed their way back into the game as a Harriot shot was deflected past the Bethnel keeper.

Two minutes later, and Bedfont were back in the game. The opposition keeper mis-controlled and as Clarky strolled onto the loose ball to side foot home from 25 yards the keeper flew to his right to palm it away, from outside the area. A straight red, and Bedfont were right in the money.

Tactics obviously aren't the Bethnal managers greatest talent, as they proceeded in putting their best player between the sticks.....and why? because the resulting free kick was straight at him, but he fumbled it into the net.

Minutes later, and Buzzard rose in the box but was beaten by his lanky counterpart who rattled his own cross bar. However, Bedfonts third was moments away, as Barlow was put through by the tireless Sheridan, and Barlow made no mistake against the make shift keeper.

Bethnel, realising their mistake brought their tallysmen out of goal and put a much better keeper in goal. This evened the game out for a short while, until a deep freeckick by Buzzard was punched clear by the keeper. However, as the ball was returned forward, Barrett got away with offiside of the century to side foot home.

The goals did not stop there, as Barlow scored the goal of the game, as Buzzard, Vinny, Barrett and Barlow all combined leaving Barlow with a left foot volley to seal an emphatic footballing display. All be it off of his shin.....but we'll let you tell your girlfriend it was from fourty yards Barlow.

Buzzard then did his captains bit, and not only helped Yearsley make up his mind, but also gave young Luke a run out.......

Taking all the positives from this match, Bedfont look good for a great season, as their youth is coming through in the form of young Vinny, Luke who is returning from injury, Saville cementing a starting spot, and Buzzard.....Youth a side, Bedfont also showed a more gritty side, as they picked their heads up to recover from a dissapointing first half, with good displays from Barrett, Harriot, Sheridan, Owen......and Buzzard.....and lastly the fitness was good, as T.O lasted the whole match, and everyone looked really sharp.....especially Buzzard.

That was my account of the game, and it isnt far wrong.....Bethnel did score two goals from 3 or 4 shots, and Bedfont were denied early by the Bethnel keeper.

The second half started with all Bedfont, and then the Bethnel keeper walked and it was game over.

Im sure your side will probably be that BEdfont had their backs to the walls, and only managed to get any posession once Bethnel had 10 men.....we all favouritise towards our own team.

But all is irrelevant now, Bethnel kicked on from there, and strengthened theuir squad massively to do the double, and even steal Bedfont's "Senior Cup" after a 2-0 win in the semis against us....and again we should have been out of sight at half time, but the Bethnel forwards showed the Bedfont boys how to take chances in the second half. But what really made Bethnel's season was Hayes United's poor run in....otherwise they should have romped the league.

GAFFA1 can't stay out of the news at present, he is all over the Non League Today Website like a rash:

http://www.nonleaguedaily.com/news/index.php?&newsmode=FULL&nid=57961

Quote:

"I told the players afterwards to savour this moment. It's not often in football that you win major trophies and to do the double is something they'll always remember. We've made history - we'll always be remembered as this season's champions."

SideofthePitch - The above quote tells you everything you need to know about GAFFA1's Coaching ability, he can be a players worst enemy but he can also be their best friend if they produce the goods for him and he gives credit where credit is due. As GAFFA says Bethnal Green United have made history following a truly amazing campaign and it's all down to him, okay he's still a bit rough around the edges but I strongly believe that we could be watching a future Premiership Coach.

Rhodes i think every one on here has congratulated BG for there season, but come on Premiership Coach you must be having a laugh. There were only four good teams in the league and one of them was thrown out and they would of won the title and cup hands down.So while it's a very well done to all at BG please

please get a grip.We could all pull snippets out of local newspapers and post them on here.

Originally Posted By: side of the pitch

but come on Premiership Coach you must be having a laugh

SideofthePitch - I've never been more serious in my life, I'm obviously talking much further down the line as GAFFA1 is still learning his trade and has some rough edges however going by what he has achieved with Bethnal Green United so far, which is not far short of a miracle, I can't see any reason at all why he can't go all the way.

Rhodes come on, i know your Gaffa's biggest fan but it takes more than some one to try and intimidate

there opponents and then when winning shouting QUALITY, QUALITY from the side of the pitch when you string two passes together. A few rough edges i think more than that.

Any way what league are you going into next year

Originally Posted By: side of the pitch
Rhodes come on, i know your Gaffa's biggest fan but it takes more than some one to try and intimidate
there opponents and then when winning shouting QUALITY, QUALITY from the side of the pitch when you string two passes together. A few rough edges i think more than that.
Any way what league are you going into next year

The all other teams are cr*p league, division 1.

Would just like to say thanks, too truth teller. If only you told the truth. Bethnal Green did not do to bad this season did they?

Also would like to congratulate Hayes United in winning the cup this season, but when your fans and bench started singing we are top of the league, and we are champions, only helped to motivate my already highly motivated team to push you all the way and finish on top, it just goes to show its not a sprint it

• 2 weeks later...

Football Man - I bet you had a smile like a Cheshire cat on your face when you posted that but better luck next time as GAFFA1 won't bat an eye lid. If that is to be the case, and Bethnal Green United have to play at Step 6 level, it would only be for one season anyway as they would do a Royston Town and then go into the Essex Senior League for 2010/2011, a two tier jump wouldn't be advisable anyway as the teams who have done it in the past have taken some considerable time to adjust. Thanks for the information anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: Football Man

I understand that Bethnal Green United are having a meeting today to consider the increased costs and travel and decide if they want to take promotion to the SSML Div 1 after the FA blocked their attempt to jump two steps to the ESL.

The above is living proof that even Football Man can be wrong, Bethnal Green United were this afternoon admitted into the Essex Senior League for next season

Bemused - Bethnal Green United are more than capable of holding their own in the Essex Senior League and could even be in contention to win it.

TB&G - Lol, yes bring it on, by all accounts GAFFA1 is assembling a squad that will be a force to be reckoned with next season and the Club will be a breath of fresh air

• 1 month later...