Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Middlesex County Premier League

Truth Teller

Originally Posted By: cimbom89

I am currently playing football at Hackney Marshes and would like to play football competitively.

It's a big step up from Hackney Marshes to Essex Senior League level

Originally Posted By: Truth Teller
All this stuff about the GAFFA makes very interesting reading. Hopefully you'll all remember the comments i made about him over 6 months ago. I even got slatted by some of the bedfont fans for apparently "stirring things up between Bedfont and BGU". Now look at you all!! See, I truly am the Truth Teller. Here's another bit of truth for you - The Middlesex league isn't as good as you lot think it is (hence the result against the Reading league. And i'm sure most other leagues across the country would give you a drubbing). Not interested in excuses about players crying off - that's a p*ss poor excuse for putting out a s**t team. The truth is that the players that were available weren't good enough. End of.

TT...Ironic that I watched your mate Brenton Amedee on a re run of that beat the star on telly, and you spring up from out of the blue:)) Anyways I thought you had no problems with Bethnal Green United and withdrawn your support from Bedfont after you said that they shafted Brenton?

One Premier Division result this evening, a comprehensive report from the another Website:

Wednesday 6 May 2009:

Indian Gymkhana 2-1 Willesden Constantine:

Middlesex County League Premier;

att 16 h/c;

Entry Free; team-sheet issued.

With the cricket season in full swing, the usual Gymkhana Club venue in Osterley is unavailable to the football section and they have been switching recent home matches to this pleasant venue in Twickenham, normally used only for youth football. So good are the facilities, including an excellent playing surface, that Gymkhana officials were talking seriously about making the move a permanent one for next season. The ground is secluded away from the road and literally in the shadow of the vast North Stand at the Twickenham Rugby Union ground, making for an unusual backdrop. The main pitch is fully railed in modern-style chunky, white plastic and there is a white metal grill in-fill to catch stray balls. Midway on the north side is a two-storey, modern dressing room block. This has a small first floor viewing balcony, which also provides a little shelter on a concrete base below. No refreshment facilities were available last night.

I took a picture of the ground, which is here, together with a map showing the exact location:

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/22081997

Unfortunately the away team arrived very late, and their kit even later. This meant we kicked off 35 minutes behind schedule and the game had to be curtailed to 30 minutes each way. This was a shame as it was a good game, with both teams playing some nice football. Gymkhana are on a good late run, whilst Constantine are near to the bottom, but it was quite evenly matched and looked to be heading for a draw until the away

Check below link out and scroll down to 2005-2006 season and check date 15/01/06. Game between Wanstead and Abohani.Looks like the Gaffa and another player Justin Weatherman who has also played for Bethnal Green United have been very bad boys.

http://www.ilfl.org/pages/contents.php?id=57d732600cf2453b

TRB - What was the point in dragging something up from 2005/2006 and anyway you can bet your bottom dollar that the trumped up charge was exaggerated by an over zealous Referee. This is football we're talking about, not netball or badminton, and it gets heated at times, look at Chelsea v Barcelona on Wednesday for example.

"See below and for those of you who forget to mention to the players they have been selected this is a League team not a club team - I asked one team if they were interested and they didn't get back to me - so Justin ended up doing this by basic default as he had offered to help the two previous managers back in December !!"

This was an email from the league regarding Gaffa's appointment as the manager of the Inter League team. "Basic Default" does not suggest that the league "loves him to bits" rather that the league had no other choice, as no-one else would do it. Certainly, he wasn't first choice, as some people are suggesting!

At the same time, I find it quite disappointing that the Middlesex County League and it's members don't take this team seriously.

Originally Posted By: side of the pitch

Well i suppose TRB was just trying to prove that all that has been said over this season by many different people is TRUE.

How can an alleged incident and trumped up charge from over three years ago prove anything at all, even if it did happen as described GAFFA1 is a totally different person now as a highly regarded Coach than he was back then as a player for Wanstead.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Originally Posted By: side of the pitch

Well i suppose TRB was just trying to prove that all that has been said over this season by many different people is TRUE.

How can an alleged incident and trumped up charge from over three years ago prove anything at all, even if it did happen as described GAFFA1 is a totally different person now as a highly regarded Coach than he was back then as a player for Wanstead.

Rhodes, nothing personal, but you are starting to make me yawn.

You hype up GAFFA1, and yeh fair play he has assembled a very good side, but it cant be coincidence that the majority of people who come into contact with him draw up the same conclusion.

What makes it worse is your hypocracy when it comes to "FACTS and EXAGERATIONS"......anything GAFFA1 says you trump out far and wide to all, and seem to take pleasure in spreading rumour about stuff you did not witness with your own two eyes, yet in the next sentence dispell rumours that you simply dont like, again not having witnessed the said incidents.

You seemed to be a genuine guy all through the season, and now that the season is drawing to a close, and Bethnel were in with a chance of the treble, but now the double, you seem to have turned your nose up to everone on this forum.

Tree Hugger - Fair play to you as you make an interesting post but you are very wide of the mark on a number of points. For example, not everybody who comes into contact with GAFFA1 draws up the same conclusion about him infact I witnessed first hand the Middlesex County League hierarchy eating out of the palm of his hand at the representative match with Reading and agreeing with every word he had to say. Secondly why on earth do I need to exagerate his achievements this season when his record speaks for itself, you only need to look at the current league table and his aim this season was only ever to win the league, the two cup finals have been an added bonus. Lastly I have not turned my nose up at anybody on this Forum and very much respect the views of your good self, TRB, Side of the Pitch and, new kid on the block, Deaf Identity, I just don't agree with everything you say that's all particularly where GAFFA1 is concerned.

Tomorrow's fixtures:

MCFL Senior Open Cup Final

Indian Gymkhana v Bethnal Green United

at Yeading FC, kick off 7.45

Premier Division

Hayes United v Newham Borough (SECP)

Willesden Constantine v Southall

Another excellent article in this weeks East London Advertiser:

Bethnal Green United take control in title race

06 May 2009

Bethnal Green United have been handed a golden chance to lift the Middlesex County League title after a shock slip-up by championship rivals Hayes United.

The Bethnal Green club will be crowned league champions if they win their final two Premier Division matches after a crushing 5-1 win over Kodak Harrow moved the club to within two points of leaders Hayes, who were last week held to a 1-1 by mid-table Southall.

The prospect of a surprise title triumph would complete a dramatic turnaround for United, who failed to win three of their opening four matches this season and have not held top spot during the course of the campaign.

Even a fortnight ago, Hayes looked certainties to be crowned champions, but the leaders have faltered with the finish line in sight, recording one win in their past three games to hand the advantage to United.

Now the East End outfit, who face a Senior Cup final clash against Indian Gymkhana on Saturday, have a chance to complete a memorable double by winning their final three matches.

Manager Justin Gardner said: "We looked out of [the title race] a couple of weeks ago but we kept putting pressure on Hayes and it's in our hands now.

"We've been on a fantastic run and we've just got to make sure we finish the job. We've got three games to make history."

Despite missing eight senior players for the trip to Harrow, United rarely looked in trouble after Marvin Abegunde had opened the scoring in the 15th minute with an overhead kick from Marlon Boateng's corner.

Bethnal Green's seventh straight win was all but confirmed when Jamie Barry doubled the lead from the spot following a foul on Michael Begg, and though Harrow pulled a goal back after the restart, Danny Sabroche tapped in to restore the two-goal lead.

In-form Sabroche netted his side's fourth from a Begg pass before Boateng lashed in from 30 yards late on.

United meet Indian Gymkhana in the Senior Cup final at Yeading FC's The Warren ground on Saturday (7.45pm).

Today's results, many congratulations to Bethnal Green United:

MCFL Senior Open Cup Final

2 4 Indian Gymkhana v Bethnal Green United

(at Yeading FC)

Premier Division

P Hayes United v Newham Borough (SECP)

(due to an emergency at the ground the Caretaker had to postpone the match)

3 3 Willesden Constantine v Southall

Hi guys,

I see willesen are near the bottom. I've heard alot about them and looked at their form over the last couple of years, whats happend to them?

They have had few of big players on the non-league scene who have played for them.

Got this off the net:

Willesden Constantine F.C. are a non-league football team based in Willesden in the London Borough of Brent, currently playing in the Middlesex County Football League Premier Division. Although originally from Willesden, they currently play their home matches at Alperton Park in Alperton. Ex-Constantine players who have gone on to play professionally include Stefan Bailey, Ademola Bankole, Enoch Showunmi, Junior Agogo and Rocky Baptiste

Btw I'm looking to eventually go pro I'm 21 and believe Impossible is nothing laugh What teams could I try out for in the Middlesex League? I want a serious team that is dedicated I don't care what others say thats what I want lol.

I'm from Enfield.

and the middlesex league is where I could get more games than other leagues. I'm not afraid to travel far. I would go willeseden with their history but it seems like they are reglated now aren't they? I don't know how many teams go down.

An anorak from another's Forum was at the one sided final last night:

MCFC Senior Open Cup Final @ Yeading

Indian Gymkhana V Bethnal Green Utd Score: 2-4

ATT: approx 110 KO: 1945 (started at 1955)

Cost:

Premier Division

Newham Borough (SECP) v Bethnal Green United

Southall v Indian Gymkhana

There are a couple of fixtures on Wednesday evening at Flanders Field and the Thames Valley University Sports Ground respectively, I believe both kick off at 6.30pm. Bethnal Green United should be able to cement the championship with a win as I think Hayes United are resigned to second place now.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes

Newham Borough (SECP) v Bethnal Green United

Result from this evening Newham Borough (SECP) 1 Bethnal Green United 3

Tonight's only result, do we know why Southall v Indian Gymkhana was called off:

Premier Division

1 3 Newham Borough (SECP) v Bethnal Green United

P Southall v Indian Gymkhana