Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Middlesex County Premier League

Truth Teller

Well obviously it stands to reason that GAFFA1 is going to pick 99%, sorry 99.9%, of players from Hayes United and Bethnal Green United.

I'm just leaving for Yeading FC, I'll have

Tonight's results:

Premier Division

0-2 Bedfont Sports v Indian Gymkhana

Football Association National League Systemk Cup Preliminary Round

4-1 Reading League v Middlesex County Football League

(at Yeading FC)

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Well obviously it stands to reason that GAFFA1 is going to pick 99%, sorry 99.9%, of players from Hayes United and Bethnal Green United.
I'm just leaving for Yeading FC, I'll have

Quote:

Wednesday 15th April
The FA Carlsberg National League System Cup Preliminary Round
Reading Football League 4 Middlesex County League 1
at Yeading FC, kick off 7.30
Entrance - Not sure, basic eight page programme issued
Attendance 25 (h/c)

Missed most of the first half as it took me nearly three hours to get to The Warren from Central London, Yeading's Website suggested going to Uxbridge and catching a bus from there to the ground but there must be a far easier way than that.
An interesting competition played over one calendar year and comprising of 12 Preliminary Round ties, this the last to be completed, 19 League's receiving a bye to the first round plus the holders who are the Southern Amateur League, if you do the maths that leaves 16 first round ties to be completed by 26 September 2009. The Middlesex County League team was made up mostly of Hayes United and Bethnal Green United players however with those two teams meeting on Saturday in a Cup Final and with Bedfont Sports playing Indian Gymkhana last night it didn't seem the best time to play this high profile match when other ties had been completed long before.
I arrived with the score level at 1-1 however the Reading League appeared to have a telepathic understanding of each others game and were on first name terms and ran out 4-1 winners with three outstanding second half goals. I understand that the Middlesex County League team had some late cry offs with Granny's dropping like flies otherwise they would have probably given a far better account of themselves and may even have won the game.
There was a banquet fit for a king put on after the proceedings in the huge bar area overlooking the hallowed 'Warren' turf and it's a shame only 25 or so spectators were in attendance on what was a special occasion.

TRB - I've copied over my post on another's Forum. I gather the split was seven Bethnal Green players, four or five from Hayes United and one from Marsh Rangers but GAFFA1 was always going to be on a hiding to nothing with the final on Saturday and Bedfont Sports and Indian Gymkhana ridiculously playing on the same night. He had numerous cry offs including two from Bedfont who presumably preferred to play against Gymkhana, under different circumstances GAFFA would have no doubt masterminded a win over a decent Reading side.

Rhodes....Thanks for that.As I said originally the timing of the game was poor with the big 2 clashing on saturday night.Going to Uxbridge to get to Yeading FC were plain wrong directions as you're doubling back on yourself.Best bet to get ot that ground from town is to get tube to Ealing Broadway and then get 207 or 427 bus to Hayes-by-pass or Uxbridge.Or get overground train from Paddington to Southall, then get bus from there.

would not be suprised if Bedfont players preferred League game especially after the way the GAFFA conducted himself at the Cup semi final.

An interesting article in the East London Advertiser:

United set for historic cup bid

15 April 2009

Bethnal Green United warmed up for this weekend's Alec Smith Premier Division Cup final clash against rivals Hayes United with a clinical defeat of Willesden Constantine on Saturday.

Goals from Jamie Barry, Kadir Jama, Nathan Mulgrave and Shane Joseph secured a deserved win for the Middlesex County League club, who now require just three points to guarantee promotion.

Yet Bethnal Green's pursuit of a place in the Essex Senior League will be placed on hold this weekend as the East End club bid to become the first team in the history of the competition to retain the Alec Smith Cup.

United, who won the trophy with a dramatic penalty shootout victory over Sutton Common Rovers last year, must defeat title rivals Hayes for the first time this season to secure the unprecedented triumph.

Bethnal Green boss Justin Gardner said: "If we play like we did in the second half at Willesden, we'll cause them problems. Hayes are a good side but they were lucky to beat us [in February] and there's no doubt in my mind we can win it."

United's prospects of lifting the cup will receive a significant boost if Marlon Boateng can replicate his stunning performance against Willesden.

The midfielder was sent-off for dissent after 60 minutes, yet his contribution during the previous hour had already turned the game United's way.

Boateng routinely caused panic in the Willesden defence, winning the penalty from which United took the lead when he was brought down following a dazzling run and low shot.

Barry converted to give his side a half-time lead and Jama doubled the advantage 10 minutes after the restart with a stunning strike, touching James Hoskyn's long ball forward past his defender and slotting home in one fluid movement.

Substitutes Mulgrave and Joseph added gloss to the scoreline with two goals late on.

Bethnal Green United meet Hayes United in the Alec Smith Premier Cup final at The Warren, Yeading FC on Saturday (7.45pm).

Originally Posted By: Rhodes

TRB - I've copied over my post on another's Forum. I gather the split was seven Bethnal Green players, four or five from Hayes United and one from Marsh Rangers but GAFFA1 was always going to be on a hiding to nothing with the final on Saturday and Bedfont Sports and Indian Gymkhana ridiculously playing on the same night. He had numerous cry offs including two from Bedfont who presumably preferred to play against Gymkhana, under different circumstances GAFFA would have no doubt masterminded a win over a decent Reading side.

Rhodes, who were the two from Bedfont? I presume one was Barrett as on his day as as good as any in this league and the next few above, but the other one must be out of Bridgeman, Roberts or Owen.....I ask, as nothing has ever been mentioned, so not sure of they were aware....perhaps the Gaffa mentioned it inbetween embarassing himself when Bethnel beat Bedfont in the cup the other week

Score from tonight's cup final at Yeading

Bethnal Green United 1 Hayes United 2.....after extra time.

Let's just say there is no Love lost between these 2 teams.And no doubt that the BGU management will be moaning that they was robbed yet again

TRB - Were you at the game, I've just got home and Bethnal Green United were indeed robbed blind, the Referee was the worst I have seen in 45 years of watching football.

Oh and Football Man was present, all suited and booted and spreading his poison to anyone who would listen.

Today's results:

The Alec Smith Premier Division Cup Final

1 2 Bethnal Green United v Hayes United

(aet, score at 90 mins 1-1)

Attendance 95

Premier Division

1 4 FC Deportivo Galicia v Hayes Gate

0 9 Willesden Constantine v Indian Gymkhana

Rhodes......of course I was at the game.The ref was not good at all.Thought it was gonna get called off as scenario got tense between both benches and fans.BGU did not help themselves after scoring the first goal, you would've swore blind they had game won already, taunting the Hayes United bench and fans.Game is usually 90 minutes and not 60.When equaliser came,Saman Kanani ends up getting sent off for celebrating in front the BGU bench.Don't know why the BGU player was sent off.Was too far away from incident.

TRB - Yes it was certainly an eventful game to put it mildly but not a classic as the Referee put paid to that and there was also too much at stake for free flowing football that both teams can play. Saman Kanani had to go for what he stupidly did in front of the Bethnal Green bench which almost got the game abandoned particularly when GAFFA1 got hit in the face by a Mars Bar. The Bethnal Green United dismissal was extremely harsh though as although he mimicked a head there was no connection whatsoever and had he stayed on I think Bethnal Green would have run out comfortable winners with eleven men. The official attendance was 95 but surely it was twice that, what did you think.

Rhodes....Ref was poor and both teams did not play that well especially in the first half.BGU were the better team in 1st half as they wanted it more, and to be honest that was the best chance of putting Hayes United way, but failed to do so yet again, despite all the talk from BGU players that Hayes United can only play on an artificial pitch.Was quiet chuffed to see James Hoskyn playing left back for BGU as I thought when he played right back against Bedfont that Alan Barlow ripped him for pace and I was hoping Andre costa would give him a torrid time as he gave Phabian Baker in the League game. Good to see Ashley back in goal after that horrible collision at Bedfont

If Kanani was sent off, then Alfred Kamara and Centre back Justin Weatherman (No 6) also had to go as they were celebrating and taunting the Hayes bench and fans after they scored.

Why was the Gaffa not sent off for constantly going out of the technical area.He's hardly ever in the area, plus some of the conduct of the BGU coaching staff was poor.

Was a clear penalty as Sam Saydee got to ball before BGU player who mistimed tackle, plus a great pass for goal scored by Andre Costa.

Was it Kadir Jama sent off?

You gotta face it, I know the Gaffa thinks BGU are 2nd to none in this League,but they have to admit that they are 2nd to one, and that is Hayes United

Yeading usually open the doors to all just before half time, hence the why their may be more people.

Originally Posted By: TRB

You gotta face it, I know the Gaffa thinks BGU are 2nd to none in this League, but they have to admit that they are 2nd to one, and that is Hayes United

TRB - I have to say that your summary from last night, although well intentioned as I think you are a down to earth guy, is pretty inaccurate and one or two of the Bethnal Green United names you mention weren't even playing. I won't comment on all of your post because I would be here all night however I'll just say that Hayes United are little more than a park football Club and don't even have the organisation or the facilities to progress, similar to Park View had they remained in the league, take the farcical situation last night for example when Hayes brought the wrong kit with them for a final and delayed kick off as a result. Bethnal Green on the other hand are on the rise to bigger and better things particularly with their Mile End Stadium facility and Community links as well as with West Ham and Leyton Orient on their doorstep, if the Essex Senior League accept them next season then the sky is the limit.

Oh Dear Rhodes.....you sounds like a bitter bitter BGU supporter whose thrown his toys out of the pram as again BGU fail to beat Hayes United.As per usual BGU blame everyone but themselves for the defeat and for a "park football team" BGU's record against Hayes United is played 3 won 0 lost 2 drawn 1.Plus BGU are so ingrained in trying to beat Hayes United you even tried to beat us off the pitch with a so called illegible player.

Whoever you're number 6 and number 8 are they were both guilty of the same thing Kanani went off for and should have gone just like the Gaffa should have gone for constantly straying out of technical area, but I suppose you did not see that would you Rhodes, as like the Gaffa, BGU never do no wrong.

In the end football is about who scores the most goals in a game, and Hayes United while understrength last night beat the Bethnal boys yet again.

BTW Rhodes...BGU can kiss that Treble dream goodbye.

TRB - That post has disappointed me slightly as I think you have Bethnal Green United all wrong, their hearts are very much in the right place and GAFFA1 is a very down to earth guy, if they lose fairly and squarely then he will be the first to hold his hands up and admit to it. Last night was not fairly and squarely though and you can't blame him for feeling somewhat aggrieved particularly following the abuse he received on the touchline, the Referee totally ruined the proceedings and had he been wearing a yellow shirt nobody would have noticed.