Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Middlesex County Premier League

Truth Teller

Rhodes....you should read comments that I've said previously in the ongoing thread throughout the season about BGU and most of them have been complimentary about BGU even if the GAFFA is not my favourite person.But I'm suprised by how you did not see the poor conduct of the GAFFA and some of the Bethnal Green coaching staff abusing the referee and the linesman.In these days of the Respect campaign it did not put BGU in a good light.

TRB - GAFFA1 only gives abuse if it's directed at him as was the case at Bedfont Sports recently, therefore I find your bizarre accusations very difficult to believe particularly where abusing Officials is concerned. GAFFA is well in with the Middlesex County League hierarchy, if they had a low opinion of him then he wouldn't have been chosen to be Manager of the League's representative side last week which was a huge honour.

Rhodes.......Gaffa's conduct at half time at Bedfont was nothing short of disgraceful.We're just gonna have to agree to disagree over saturday's events as you keep coming up with excuses for the Gaffa and the the BGU Coaching staff conduct at times. All I know for sure on saturday, it was Hayes United 2 Bethnal Green 1, and all the moaning in the world From BGU will not change that. duel

TRB - If you meet GAFFA1 in the flesh and talk to him man to man you will see for yourself that he's not the monster you're unfairly making him out to be, okay he doesn't suffer fools gladly and gives as good as he gets like at Bedfont Sports for example but he only ever reacts when provoked hence his good name with the Middlesex County League, I didn't see them falling over themselves to ask the Hayes United or Bedfont Managers to run the representative side last week and that tells you everything you need to know. Anyway, as you say, lets just agree to disagree about Saturday and the fact that Bethnal Green were robbed blind.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
TRB - If you meet GAFFA1 in the flesh and talk to him man to man you will see for yourself that he's not the monster you're unfairly making him out to be, okay he doesn't suffer fools gladly and gives as good as he gets like at Bedfont Sports for example but he only ever reacts when provoked hence his good name with the Middlesex County League, I didn't see them falling over themselves to ask the Hayes United or Bedfont Managers to run the representative side last week and that tells you everything you need to know. Anyway, as you say, lets just agree to disagree about Saturday and the fact that Bethnal Green were robbed blind.

What happened at Bedfont Sports then to make Gaffa act the way he did? Were you there Rhodes? I was on the bench, and from where I was sitting Gaffa started all the proceedings. He lost his rag inititally with the awful incident to Bedfont centre back and BGU keeper, blaming the centre back for kicking the keeper on the head, and going mad.....I had to get out of the dug out and tell him to shut up as he was more interested whinging and shouting obseneties then caring for his own player......he then carried on and started to abuse the Bedfont manager calling him all sorts of names....at this point I have no idea if the Bedfont manager was giving as good as he got, as I replaced the centre back involved in the incident.

My opinion having played against Bethnel in the last two seasons, id that their players are all down to earth enough, and want to play football......but their manager doesn't live up to the same bill! Just look at all the opening posts on here where Gaffa was swearing etc....all be it provoked, but you said he is different off the pitch.

On a more positive note, I am also glad that the BGU keeper has made a recovery and playing again after the Bedfont game.

Gaffa was well out of order at Bedfont.He should have been more concerned about Ashley the keeper than his over the top suggestions that Bedfont defender kicked keeper in head, then having it out with referee and Bedfont Manager at half time.Rhodes...you had to be there to see it mate.Was not nice.

TRB - I wasn't in attendance at Bedfont however I heard about the incident first hand and from the horses mouth, strangely enough what I heard is totally different to yours and Tree Hugger's versions of events. Although the Bedfont centre back didn't go out of his way to purposely injure the Bethnal Green goalkeeper, or at least I hope he didn't, there was still absolutely no need for him to go for that ball and the incident could have easily been avoided, therefore GAFFA1 was within his rights to complain in no uncertain terms, did the Bedfont Management ask the player why he went for it once the dust had settled as he wouldn't have got the ball in a million years, it was reckless.

Rhodes as you say you were not there so you are out of order trying to make out it was the fault of the Bedfont player.

If i remember correctly the Bedfont Player did make contact with the ball and the goal keeper smashed into the Bedfont player since when is a crime for some one to contest a fifty fifty ball

with the goalkeeper, maybe the BGU keeper should not of challenged the Bedfont player then as you say it could of been avioded.

As for the manager he was out of order,he was acting like a pratt

swearing at everyone, he was lucky the ref was more intrested in the injured players than him.

How do i know this, because I WAS THERE

Side of the Pitch - I didn't have to be at the game as, like I said, I got it all from the horses mouth. You say it was a 50/50 ball but from what I heard it was more like 99.9/00.1, the Bedfont player had no right to go for that ball and there was no need for him to do so. Admitedly GAFFA1 does use some colourful language to get his point across which can often be misinterpreted as being aggressive but that's just par for the course on the mean streets of Bethnal Green, Mile End and Stepney where he was born and bred, you will never meet a nicer more down to earth guy.

A result from Tuesday:

Premier Division

2 5 Kodak (Harrow) v Southall

I think Saturday's match report in the East London Advertiser says just about everything:

United pay the Price

22 April 2009

Bethnal Green United's bid to become the first team to retain the Alec Smith Premier Division Cup ended in rancour and recrimination on Saturday following a controversial 2-1 extra-time defeat by Hayes United in the final of the competition.

Both sides were reduced to 10 men in a fractious encounter at Yeading FC's The Warren Ground, which also saw both sets of supporters separated by stewards after Bethnal Green boss Justin Gardner became the target of abuse by Hayes fans.

The United manager was also involved in a confrontation with Hayes striker Sam Kanani, who was later sent-off for dissent as the fiery contest threatened to boil over.

Even the conclusion of the match was not without controversy. Hayes were awarded a penalty five minutes from the end of extra-time when Bethnal Green defender Ajibola Olatunbosun, who had been a commanding presence at centre-half, appeared to win the ball cleanly.

When United midfielder Alfred Kamara failed to convert a late chance, Bethnal Green's dreams of an historic triumph had been extinguished, but manager Gardner placed the blame squarely on referee David Price.

Gardner said: "It was probably the worst refereeing performance in history - even the officials from the Middlesex FA couldn't defend his performance. The penalty at the end should never have been given."

There was little indication that Hayes would go on to lift the trophy during the first hour of the match as Bethnal Green dominated possession.

Twice in the first half, United had the ball in the back of the net, yet referee Price ruled out both efforts.

Campbell finally broke the deadlock 10 minutes after the restart, turning on the edge of the box before firing into the bottom corner.

But United's superiority faded when Kadir Jama saw red following an off-the-ball incident, and Hayes levelled in the 70th minute through Andre Costa.

Hayes forward Kanani was later dismissed as both sides finished normal time with 10 men. Chances were at a premium in extra-time and the match appeared to be heading to a penalty shootout until referee Price awarded the controversial spot-kick that handed Hayes victory.

Bethnal Green will bid to bounce back from the final defeat by securing the point needed to ensure promotion at Southall on Saturday (4pm).

Rhodes......I've been waiting for you to send this, so that I can have a chuckle about how Bethnal have been wronged yet again.The Bald guy from that reports for East London advertiser is Gaffa's mouthpiece, and he's just as one eyed as you Rhodes.Kanani was Red carded for actually celebrating Costa's goal in front the BGU bench, and with the Gaffa obviously not holding back with his use of colourful language at Kanani ,Kanani then ran up to him to confront him before being restrained.Plus it was clear penalty as Olatunbosun was beaten to the ball by Saydee and got caught.Clear penalty mate and converted by Louis Carlos to Dethrone BGU of their title.Remember Rhodes, the object of the game of football is to score more goals than you're opponent, and if you don't understand that, then ask Tree Hugger cause he scored 2 of the goals to condemn Hayes United to their first defeat of the season 3-2.It's ll about who wins.

Tomorrow's fixtures, I have a sneaky feeling Indian Gymkhana can take a point, or even three, at Hayes United who will presumably have been drinking all week following their cup win last week:

Premier Division

Broadfields United v Newham Borough (SECP)

Hayes United v Indian Gymkhana

Marsh Rangers v Hayes Gate

Southall v Bethnal Green United

Today's results, lol:

Premier Division

3 1 Broadfields United v Newham Borough (SECP)

0 1 Hayes United v Indian Gymkhana

0 2 Marsh Rangers v Hayes Gate

1 4 Southall v Bethnal Green United

For Hayes United, that's right

Tonight's results, cue TRB, not:

Premier Division

0 5 FC Deportivo Galicia v Indian Gymkhana

1 1 Southall v Hayes United

A fascinating article in the East London Advertiser:

Bethnal Green United achieve promotion goal

29 April 2009

Bethnal Green United boss Justin Gardner has urged his players to keep fighting until the end of the season, despite achieving their goal of winning promotion to the Essex Senior League on Saturday.

United have secured a top-two finish in the Middlesex County League after goals from Danny Sabroche, Marvin Abegunde and a double from Marlon Campbell inspired a comfortable win at Southall last weekend.

Bethnal Green manager Gardner hailed the club's elevation to Step Five of non-league football as "the proudest achievement of my life" and praised his team for bouncing back from the previous week's Alec Smith Cup final defeat.

But Gardner has now issued a new challenge to his squad, challenging his players to maintain their focus and pull off a dramatic Premier Division title triumph.

The race for the championship appears wide open after Hayes United's lead at the top of the table was cut to one point following the leaders' 1-0 defeat against Indian Gymkhana last weekend.

And Gardner believes his team can crown a memorable season by emerging as champions in the final weeks of the season.

He said: "Winning promotion was our main objective this season - we've done that now and it's a huge accomplishment.

"But we've got a real chance to make it even better because the league is wide open now and we can finish this season as champions."

United took little time to hit their stride at Southall as in-form striker Campbell broke the deadlock after 15 minutes, poking home Sabroche's cross-shot, before Abegunde lashed in a left-foot shot midway through the first half.

The match was effectively over five minutes after the restart when Campbell headed in a third - his 14th goal in 13 games this season - from Marlon Boateng's outstanding cross.

Sabroche's first-time shot increased the lead in the 58th minute and though Southall pulled a goal back late on, Bethnal Green's charge to promotion could not be stopped.

Bethnal Green visit Kodak Harrow on Saturday (3pm).

Tomorrow's fixtures:

Premier Division

Indian Gymkhana v Hayes Gate

Kodak (Harrow) v Bethnal Green United

Newham Borough (SECP) v Hayes United

Southall v Bedfont Sports