Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Middlesex County Premier League

Truth Teller

Tomorrow’s (12 November) fixtures involving Premier Division Club’s, Hounslow Wanderers don’t appear to be playing:

Premier Division

FC Romania v West Essex (Score Community Centre, 3G)

Singh Sabha Slough v North Kensington (Eton Wick Football & Social Club)

Sloane v Springfield (Hackney Marshes)

Anagram Records Trophy First Round

FC Deportivo Galicia v Tring Corinthians (Osterley Sports Club

Sandridge Rovers v Sporting Hackney (Spencer Recreation Ground, St Albans)

Middlesex County FA Intermediate Cup Second Round

Roxeth v Hillingdon (Hillingdon Athletics Stadium)

Spelthorne Sports v Kodak (Harrow) (Spelthorne Sports Club)

Willesden Constantine v Marsh Rangers (Alperton Sports Ground)

Chiswick Homefields v Southall (Fullers Griffin Brewery Sports Ground)

Broadfields United v Indian Gymkhana (S.S.H) (Hillingdon Borough FC)

Middlesex County League Senior Open Cup Second Round

FC Assyria v Interwood (Northolt Rugby Club, pitch 4)

Yesterday's results:

Premier Division

1 0 FC Romania v West Essex

2 2 Singh Sabha Slough v North Kensington

0 0 Sloane v Springfield

5 6 FC Deportivo Galicia v Tring Corinthians

P Sandridge Rovers v Sporting Hackney

Middlesex County FA Intermediate Cup Second Round

6 3 Roxeth v Hillingdon

3 2 Spelthorne Sports v Kodak (Harrow)

5 5 Willesden Constantine v Marsh Rangers (aet, Willesden won 5-4 on pens)

4 1 Chiswick Homefields v Southall

1 4 Broadfields United v Indian Gymkhana

0 5 FC Assyria v Interwood

You missed some Intermediate Cup results. Here is the complete list. Must try harder!

Broadfields United 1 – 4 Indian Gymkhana (SSH)

British Airways (Saturday) 2 – 2 Park View - Home Win Penalties 3 - 2

Chiswick Homefields 4 – 1 Southall

Hinton 0 – 2 CB Hounslow United

Willesden Constantine 5 – 5 Marsh Rangers - Home Win Penalties 5 - 4

Spelthorne Sports 3 – 2 Kodak Harrow

Roxeth 6 – 3 Hillingdon

Goffs Oak 4 – 1 HFC

Horace - Are the Club's I failed to mention in the Middlesex County League Premier Division as I thought this thread was only for the top Division

Horace - Are the Club's I failed to mention in the Middlesex County League Premier Division as I thought this thread was only for the top Division

You are, of course, correct, and I apologise for trying to score points off you once again. I'll keep my nose out of your business in future!

Edited by Horace

Tomorrow’s (19 November) fixtures involving (for Horace's benefit) Premier Division Club’s, North Kensington don’t appear to be playing this week due to Sporting Hackney's involvement in the Anagram Records Trophy:

Premier Division

FC Deportivo Galicia v FC Romania (Osterley Sports Club)

Hounslow Wanderers v Sloane (Rosedale College)

Indian Gymkhana (S.S.H) v Willesden Constantine (Indian Gymkhana Sports Club)

Kodak (Harrow) v Hillingdon (Kodak Sports Ground)

P Sporting Hackney v North Kensington

West Essex v Interwood (Hackney Marshes)

Middlesex County League Senior Open Cup First Round

Chiswick Homefields v Springfield (Fullers Griffin Brewery Sports

Ground)

Southall v St Johns DFC (Hanwell Town FC)

West London Saracens v Broadfields United (Cranford Community College)

Sandridge Rovers v Sporting Hackney

Berks & Bucks FA Intermediate Cup Third Round

Marlow United v Singh Sabha Slough

Tomorrow’s (26 November) fixtures involving (for Horace's benefit) Premier Division Club’s:

Premier Division

Hounslow Wanderers v West Essex (Rosedale College)

Indian Gymkhana (S.S.H) v FC Romania (Indian Gymkhana Sports Club)

North Kensington v Hillingdon (Vale Farm Sports Ground, Pitch 2)

P Singh Sabha Slough v Kodak (Harrow) (pitch unavailable)

Sporting Hackney v Southall (Hackney Marshes)

Springfield v FC Deportivo Galicia (Wadham Lodge)

Goffs Oak v Broadfields United

London County FA Intermediate Cup First Round

Sloane v Barkingside Reserves (Hackney Marshes)

H Interwood v Brampton Park (Interwood w/o)

Willesden Constantine v Vallance (Alperton Sports Ground)

• 3 weeks later...

There's a debate on Middlesex County League kick off times on another's Forum, it's true that they are somewhat hit and miss:

On the league website, http://www.mcfl.org.uk/, you can view the League Handbook: click on "Documents" along the top, then "Rulebooke", the first item in the menu.

Rule 10 covers kick off times by month. It says it's mandatory but I might recommend double checking specific games with the clubs if you are depending on public transport connections etc.

• 3 months later...

A brief report on yesterday's Alec Smith Premier Division Cup Final from another Forum:

Middlesex County League Alec Smith Premier Division Cup Final

Broadfields Utd 4 (33, 40, 50 & 56)

Southall 1 (48 Reds on 71 & 84)

Att: 167 h/c KO: 1945 Cost: £5 inc 20 page prog.

Venue: AFC Hayes, Kingshill Avenue, Hayes

Match: 11th v 4th out of 16.

Southall threatened early but gk saved effort. BU had 2 shots scored twice. They nearly also added a 3rd when a ricochet was headed off the line. It had been a firey half with a lot of hot-heads especially BU.

Lively 2nd half start. The game was killed off as not much happened in last 30mins except for 2 red cards. BU scored with both their shots until they finally had a shot in injury time which didn't go in. The score was a bit harsh on Southall.

• 3 weeks later...

An interesting report on Sloane v Interwood from last night from another Forum:

Wednesday 2 May 2012, 6:30pm: Sloane 0-1 Interwood; Middlesex County League, Premier Division; att: 10 h/c; Entry free; programme issued.

This was an altogether weird experience. Firstly because of the venue and also because of the many distractions. The game was played on the “Show Pitch” at Hackney Marshes, a short walk from where I live. I have played on the Marshes myself a few times, and watched friends play on many occasions – none very recently. I had never really thought of putting a ‘tick’ by it on my list though. The formerly rather grim changing room block in the south-east corner of South Marsh is fairly recently rebuilt. Much smarter, it also now has a bar and restaurant area on an upper floor, as well as a first floor viewing area. In front is a well-maintained pitch which is reserved for ‘special’ matches, such as this. Sporting Hackney have their own portable trainers’ benches which come out for their games, but these were absent last night. The pitch was however fully taped all around, well turfed and played well despite the wet conditions.

The taping was just as well, for last night was the day of the Hackney Marshes 5 Km Fun Run. 1,800 participants and loads of friends and families in support, even a selection of local mayors, complete with chains of office and waiting limos. The Run started from behind one of the goals, just at the same time as the football kicked off. It later passed along one side, before finally finishing by one of the far corner flags, the stragglers coming in 50 minutes later. All to booming announcements. Football spectators were advised to stand within, rather than behind, the tape so as not to be swept away by the sea of humanity. At one point a lady who had finished her run was looking for a lost friend. She decided that the best place to scan for the friend was out on the pitch by the edge of the penalty area. Not spotting the friend, the sensible thing to do was obviously to stand motionless on the pitch and punch out a text message on her mobile, before ambling towards the six yard box. Luckily play was at the other end, but she looked terribly surprised when it registered on her that a goalkeeper was shouting at her to get out of the flippin’ way. All this was of course most distracting for players and spectators alike. I have thought about putting my headcount as c.1,900, which might be a Middlesex League record, but I think 10 or a dozen would be more accurate.

In the football game itself, for there was one taking place, Interwood were dominant. In the first half the Sloane keeper pulled off a series of saves to keep the score at 0-0. Interwood then scored right at the start of the second half, before fluffing many more chances. Their open play is good, but they really need to sharpen up their shooting. It was notable that this game was played in a very good spirit, with no dissent at all.

Hot food and a bar was available, and busy, upstairs. Vending machines also available in the dressing room area. A match programme was issued – and looked quite decent – but there were only, er, 2 copies available for spectators. A fellow spectator has half offered a photocopy of one to me at some future point.

• 4 weeks later...

Was anybody at Broadfields United v Interwood yesterday out of interest, an exciting 7-4 win for Interwood. Also FC Romania beat Willesden Constantine 4-3 yesterday at Haringey Borough:

http://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forum/gforum.cgi?post=407834;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;guest=69761846

• 2 months later...

A report on FC Romania v Hounslow Wanderers, played at Theobalds Lane yesterday, from another Forum:

FC Romania 4 Hounslow Wanderers 3

Middlesex County Football League,Premier Division

Admission:free

Programme:free/12 pages

Attendance: 9 (h/c)

This was FC Romania's first game at Cheshunt FC for their groundshare for season 2012/13,and a great advert for the MCFL it was too. Hounslow went ahead twice after 11 and 36 minutes and playing the better football for the first half hour.FC Romania started to up the tempo equalising on 42 mins and then played Hounslow off the field for much of the second half,scoring in the 51st and 84th minutes,before Hounslow scored a late goal on 88 minutes to give them a little bit of hope. FC Romanias next game at Cheshunt will be on Monday 20th August vs Sporting Hackney,kick off 7.45pm. I will look forward to it.

some photos of the match here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/localbusdriver/sets/72157631129749628

http://localbusdriver.blogspot.co.uk/

Edited by Rhodes

Good work on here Rhodes.

Watch out for British Airways this season they should do well they are full of ex higher level players.

Edited by Savagebee

Are Hounslow Wanderers going to be ground-sharing with CB Hounslow United next season?

I recall somebody saying on the NLM site that they were looking at the possibility, as they want to get into the Combined Counties.

Are Hounslow Wanderers going to be ground-sharing with CB Hounslow United next season?

I recall somebody saying on the NLM site that they were looking at the possibility, as they want to get into the Combined Counties.

Well they havent started this season very well.

CB should try the Conquest Club the former home of Hounslow Borough FC but it would need a bit of work i would think.

Premier Division results so far this season:

Saturday 11 August

2 2 FC Assyria v Sporting Hackney

2 4 FC Deportivo Galicia v FC Romania

1 0 Hillingdon v Sloane

1 0 Indian Gymkhana v West Essex

P Interwood v Broadfields United

P Kilburn v Hounslow Wanderers

4 0 Singh Sabha Slough v Kodak(Harrow)

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/singhsabhaslough/s/match-report-18191.html?fixture_id=572382&official=1

Monday 13 August

5 0 Indian Gymkhana v Hounslow Wanderers

Wednesday 15 August

2 3 Broadfields United v British Airways

3 0 FC Assyria v Kodak(Harrow)

3 2 FC Deportivo Galicia v Kilburn

0 2 Hillingdon v Singh Sabha Slough

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/singhsabhaslough/s/match-report-18191.html?fixture_id=572383&official=1

Thursday 16 August

P Interwood v Sloane

Saturday 18 August

P Broadfields United v West Essex

0 3 FC Assyria v British Airways

1 2 FC Deportivo Galicia v North Kensington

4 3 FC Romania v Hounslow Wanderers

1 1 Hillingdon v Sporting Hackney

3 3 Indian Gymkhana v Interwood

P Kodak(Harrow) v Sloane

2 1 Singh Sabha Slough v Kilburn

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/singhsabhaslough/s/match-report-18191.html?fixture_id=572384&official=1

This week's Premier Division fixtures:

Monday 20 August

FC Romania v Sporting Hackney

Wednesday 22 August

British Airways v FC Deportivo Galicia (British Airways Concorde Club)

Broadfields United v Hillingdon (Middlesex Stadium)

Interwood v West Essex (Wadham Lodge)

Kilburn v Indian Gymkhana (Osterley Sports Club)

Kodak (Harrow) v North Kensington (Kodak Sports Ground)

Singh Sabha Slough v Hounslow Wanderers (Eton Wick Football & Social Club)

Saturday 25 August

British Airways v Sporting Hackney (British Airways Concorde Club)

FC Deportivo Galicia v Broadfields United (Osterley Sports Club)

Hillingdon v Hounslow Wanderers (Hillingdon Athletics Stadium)

Indian Gymkhana v FC Romania (Brunel University Playing Fields)

Interwood v Singh Sabha Slough (Wadham Lodge)

Kilburn v North Kensington (Ark Academy)

Kodak (Harrow) v West Essex (Kodak Sports Ground)

Monday 20 August

FC Romania v Sporting Hackney

A report on this one yesterday from another Forum:

FC Romania 2 Sporting Hackney 1

Middlesex County Football League,Premier Division

Admission:free

Programme:free / 12 pages

Attendance:11(h/c)

My second visit to The Stadium in 3 days to see FC Romania and another excellent game.FC R going in at half time 1-0 up and looking the better side by far.A second goal on 52 mins should have sealed the game but for some slack defending Sporting got back into the game but couldn't get the equaliser.

some photos here.........http://www.flickr.com/...631165742816/detail/