Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Middlesex County Premier League

Truth Teller

Are reserves will be making there debut this saturday in the Middlesex County League. here is there next 3 fixtures.

Bethnal Green Utd 'A' Hayes Gate Saturday, 22 August 2009

Indian Gymkhana Bethnal Green Utd 'A' Saturday, 29 August 2009

Bethnal Green Utd 'A' Southall Saturday, 12 September 2009

• 3 weeks later...

I see from this report from yesterday that nothing has changed in the Middlesex County League Premier Division since I last posted last season:

3pm - middlesex county league premier - broadfields community sports centre, premier pitch! - att 40 h/c

Broadfields United 2 Indian Gymkhana 3

An entertaining end to end game, between two useful sides. The ground has been well covered before, but was handy for me being only a couple of minutes walk from Headstone Lane Station, which in turn was only ten minutes journey on to Wembley for afters.

The other railed pitch today, hosted O Salvatorians Vs O Manorians, with the 2nds and 3rds occupying two other pitches. North Kensington Vs Southall (also mddx prem) was on the further pitch and was not even roped off. A bit of a mystery in this premier division that some are railed, some roped and some nothing.

• 1 year later...

• 1 month later...

anyone know who these players are playing for at the moment

mathew yates - former hayes gate fc player

michael howe -former hayes agte fc player

saman kanani - formey bedfont sports forward (was at auxbridge start of this season)

ryan o'toole- former uxbridge forward and played a few games for hayes gate fc this year

any info would be appreciated

Michael Howe is currently with Uxbridge as far as I know and I believe Ryan O'Toole is at Burnham

A report on this one from yesterday (8 January) from another's Forum:

Middlesex County League Premier Division 3pm

Sporting Hackney 3 Springfield 0 att.20-25

No admission or programme.

Ended up here after wasting over an hour from 12.30 -1.30 trying to find a game on that i needed locally, but with no answer at grounds/home/mobiles i settled on a dead cert on the 3G.

Poor first half, but much better second, with Sporting Hackney deserving the win with 3 second half goals, the third a lob over the keeper from inside his own half.

Not your usual cage, with plenty of space down both touchlines, although this attracted the local scum, who kicked balls around for the entire match, which most of the time forced the linesman to run his line from inside the touchline, very much like a Sunday League match, rather than Step 7. At least parking is free in roads around the ground from 1.30pm, although the ground is in a really [censored] area with all the shops being closed by 3.45pm, when i went out at halftime as there are no facilities at the ground.

• 3 weeks later...

A comprehensive report and photos on this one, played yesterday (29 January), from another's Forum, interesting venue!:

Southall (0) 0

Stonewall (3) 3

Middlesex County Premier

Att 8 (headcount)

Prog £1 (24 pages, very good read, home produced but in colour)

Tea / Coffee 50p (from Rugby clubhouse)

Photo's at http://picasaweb.google.com/...SouthallNortholtRUFC#

This season Southall are playing at Northolt Rugby Club, which is a couple of hundred yards behind the Bridge Hotel, that's the big hotel you see as you turn off of the A40 for Wembley. The ground is next to the Greenford branchline which runs down one side and it is also near the tube as you could see tube trains a couple of hundred yards away. A fellow traveller at the game said you had a choice of stations within walking distance.

I had decided after a couple of phonecalls and a look at the Met Office website on Friday night that it would be best to wait until Saturday morning before making a decision. With minus 3 & 4's overnight with only 0 & plus 1's during the day in many places it looked likely that the South East was the best bet. In fact the 50 miles from my house to the ground saw an increase of 3 or 4 degrees. I had confirmed the game with the home sec Mr Harrison at 10.30am, the pitch had already been checked by the match sec by then and no frost was reported, in fact the pitch was quite muddy in places.

The ground is rather basic, there is space in the complex for a number of pitches, at present there are two rugby pitches and one football pitch beyond that. The pitch was roped on two sides, with a hedge beyond the far goal and on the near side next to the railway a line had been marked six feet back from the touchline and the lino and ref were more than happy for myself and another travelling to stand that side.

The game was all over by half-time, Stonewall were 3-0 up it could have been more. The 2nd half saw Southall try very hard at the start of the period but once they lost the upperhand the game just petered out. The only real talking point was the sending off of the homesters keeper deep into injury time for handling the ball outside the area. A stupid backheel by one of his defenders had left him in nomansland and when he handled a flick from a Stonewall player the referee sent him off. The game only saw one other booking and no bad fouls and certainly not much if any swearing. The standard and skill levels were not great and certainly not as high as the step 9 game I saw in Cambridgeshire the other week. Sadly this season both teams are struggling this really was the bottom two in the league, it was 14 v 12 but 13th placed Interwood have a number of games in hand and if they get average results from them they would be a midtable side. Southall appeared to have no subs and started the game with 10 men, I understand from a fellow traveller who went last week they had no subs until a couple of players arrived late just before half-time.

Depsite all their problems Southall appear still to be a very well run club off the field, they produce a cracking programme for every game, and they also have club badges available, £3 each of 2 for £5. The very friendly chap selling the progs had a few copies of last weeks programme available so both myself and the other traveller present brought a copy of that one as well, hopefully doing a little bit to swell club funds.

• 3 months later...

This sounded like an interesting game yesterday (Saturday 14 May) from the basement of the Premier Division, and worth highlighting here, from another's Forum:

Middlesex County League

Springfield 1-1 Sloan

No adm or prog, not many there and difficult to tell who was with the teams or not.

Bar facilities and crisps/chocolate available upstairs in the club building.

A 1pm kick off at one of the two turf pitches in amongst the 3G pitches and 5-a-side courts out the back of the Waltham Forest ground. They used the one nearest the car park entrance, accessible down the side of the 1st 5-a-side court.

Good entertaining stuff which was a relegation dog-fight. Sloane (playing their last game) were two points ahead of Springfield (another game after this) who occupy the second relegation spot.

Sloane settled first and a goal was fairly inevitable. Springfield had a re-jig at half time and started getting into the game. I was on the touchline near their dugout as they conducted earnest discussions about what substitution to make. Finally the manager was outvoted and the striker stayed on. Those in his corner were saying he was the only one who was actually getting into scoring positions, the manager pointing out the obvious cows [****!!****]-banjo statistics.

Obviously within twenty seconds he won a free kick and got on the end of the ball into the box for a cool finish to equalise, to much acclaim and amusement on the touchline. Both teams had the chances to win the game but neither quite made them count.

Probably a fair result which guarantees Sloane's top division spot (they over took Hounslow Wanderers on goal difference) and gives Springfield the simple task of winning their last game at home to the already-crowned champions Willesden next Saturday to remain the same division at Hounslow's expense.

saman kanani - formey bedfont sports forward (was at auxbridge start of this season)

ryan o'toole- former uxbridge forward and played a few games for hayes gate fc this year

I believe Saman Kanani is back at Bedfont Sports after starting at Uxbridge, then possibly Hanworth Villa ,and now Bedfont.

I believe Saman Kanani is back at Bedfont Sports after starting at Uxbridge, then possibly Hanworth Villa, and now Bedfont Sports.

An interesting report from this game on Saturday 14 May from another's Forum:

Kodak (2) 2 FC Deportivo Galica (1) 3

Middlesex Co Premier

Att 17 (headcount)

Admission: Free

Prog: Free (8 pages, very basic in the words of the home sec who refused to take any payment for it - print run of about 20)

Pictures @ https://picasaweb.google.com/...ndhop/KodakMiddlesex#

Coffee: 80p from the Bar in Sports Complex.

Despite the M40 being awash with coaches going to Wembley I had no trouble traffic wise until I turned off the A40, the 4 or 5 miles to the ground took longer than the previous 50 or so - all down to the bad driving of the locals who seemed to ignore every traffic light and road sign - par for the course in west London. I don't like going inside the M25 !. As an aside Stoke were using a number of coaches from Henley in Arden to transport their fans, Henley must be 60 / 70 miles from Stoke.

The ground is next to Kodak works, it's seen better days, it's now owned by Zoom Leisure. The Kodak factory now only employs 200 or less staff so the social facilites are run by Zoom for profit. The club hope to stay at the ground but know they could be kicked off at anytime as though they play as Kodak they are not a works team these days.

The pavillion at the ground is very good and a visit 40 or 50 years ago would have seen a wooden building in a pleasant sports ground, though with the factory in the back ground. The pavillion has now been surround by faceless buildings and sports halls. There are three pitches at the complex and Kodak always use the same on at the far end, it is roped down two sides and has dug-outs cum cover of the far side. There is also a bit of a bank on this side.

The game kicked off 3 minutes late due to the ref not turning up until ten minutes before kick off. The homesters in theory needed a win to avoid being in the botton two of the league. They raced into a two goal lead, after half an hour or so we had a bout of hnadbags which saw both teams lose a player. Deportivo scored right at the end of the first half. The second period saw them get the upperhand, they leveled with a penalty and got a winner with 20 or minutes to go. Kodak who we were told by both a linesman and a visiting official had a bit of a problem, ended up having seven players booked. The game ended at 2.49pm leaving any thought of a 3pm kick off gone, it takes a couple of minutes to get out of the car park and due to none of the locals watching the cup final I was still stuck in traffic less than a mile from the ground at 3.10pm, again it took longer to get to the A40 than it did to complete the journey home.

On one of the other pitches Barnet Municipal Officers were at home to Greenwood in a London Commercial League Division Three game, this kicked off at 2.10pm. Ten man Greenwood won 9-2 according to Mitoo. Said second pitch had dug-outs. Speaking to "The Wealdstone Busman" the ground has been used by Wealdstone for various games at different levels and a club in the Football Conference Youth Alliance have played at the ground, I think a C of FE who take Wealdstone's name.

• 1 month later...

The Middlesex County League appear to have introduced a new Sunday League for next season with five Divisions, what's all that about do you think:

http://www.football.mitoo.co.uk/News.cfm?LeagueCode=MDXS2011

• 1 month later...

An interesting post from another’s Forum about issuing, there’s nothing worse is there when programmes run out on the day and you’re promised a reprint copy in the post and pay for it only for it not to arrive:

Over the years I have done around 50 Middlesex League clubs and only a handful did not issue on the day, although usually having copies from previous games available. My first was a 60 page one from CAV. As a result the only team I have done and don't have a programme for was Metro Dynamo many years ago and they were regular issuers at the time. On one occasion the crowd consisted of me but I still obtained a 12 pager (Harrow St Mary). I have found clubs are very responsive to Emails and very helpful as is the league secretary, so I'm surprised to hear of Sloane not replying.

My one downer was Kodak v Interwood on 22nd May 2010 where they actually ran out on the day owing to a good turn out including several posters on this site. May as well put in my request here but if anyone has a spare copy or is able to get a photo copy for me I will obviously cover all costs and stick the price of a pint on top for your trouble as well.

I am looking forward to ticking off the new clubs this season, although I would have liked to see West Essex on their own ground. I went last season but they had switched venues on the day so I watched their vets team play instead. It was good to see two teams playing for sheer enjoyment but it made me feel like the athlete I used to be.

Tomorrow's Premier Division fixtures (Saturday 10 September), I’m assuming they’re all 3.00pm:

Hillingdon v West Essex (Hillingdon Athletics Stadium)

Interwood v Broadfields United (Wadham Lodge)

Kodak (Harrow) v Indian Gymkhana (Kodak Sports Ground)

North Kensington v FC Romania (Vale Farm Sports Ground)

Singh Sabha Slough v Willesden Constantine (Eton Wick Football and Social Club)

Sloane v Southall (Mabley Green)

Sporting Hackney v FC Deportivo Galicia (Hackney Marshes)

Springfield v Hounslow Wanderers (Wadham Lodge)

Tomorrow's (Saturday 17 September) action involving Premier Division Club's:

Premier Division

Broadfields United v Sloane (Hillingdon Borough FC)

FC Deportivo Galicia v North Kensington (Osterley Sports Club)

Indian Gymkhana v Springfield (Imperial College Sports Ground)

Kodak (Harrow) v Interwood (Kodak Sports Ground)

Sporting Hackney v Hillingdon (Hackney Marshes)

West Essex v Southall (Mabley Green)

Willesden Constantine v FC Romania (Alperton Sports Ground)

Berks & Bucks FA Intermediate Cup First Round

Singh Sabha Slough v Slough Lawrencians (Eton Wick FC)

Senior Open Cup First Round

Hounslow Wanderers v Vallance (Rosedale College (3g Pitch)

• 1 month later...

Tomorrow’s fixtures involving Premier Division Club’s:

Saturday 22 October

Premier Division

Indian Gymkhana (S.S.H) v West Essex (at Indian Gymkhana Sports Club)

Kodak (Harrow) v Broadfields United (at Kodak Sports Ground)

North Kensington v Southall (at Vale Farm Sports Ground (Pitch 2))

Singh Sabha Slough v Hillingdon (at Eton Wick Football & Social Club)

Alec Smith Premier Division Cup First Round

Sporting Hackney v Hounslow Wanderers (at Hackney Marshes)

FC Romania v FC Deportivo Galicia (at Score Community Centre (3G))

Sloane v Interwood (at Hackney Marshes)

Springfield v Willesden Constantine (at Wadham Lodge)

Tomorrow’s fixtures involving Premier Division Club’s:

Saturday 29 October

Premier Division

FC Romania v Springfield (Score Community Centre (3G))

Hounslow Wanderers v North Kensington (Rosedale College)

Kodak (Harrow) v Sloane (Kodak Sports Ground)

Singh Sabha Slough v Southall (Eton Wick Football & Social Club)

Sporting Hackney v Interwood (Hackney Marshes)

Willesden Constantine v FC Deportivo Galicia (Alperton Sports Ground)

Alec Smith Premier Division Cup First Round

West Essex v Indian Gymkhana (S.S.H) (Hackney Marshes)

Hillingdon v Broadfields United (Hillingdon Athletics Stadium)

Tomorrow’s (5 November) fixtures involving Premier Division Club’s:

Premier Division

P FC Deportivo Galicia v Broadfields United (Osterley Sports Club)

Hillingdon v Interwood (Hillingdon Athletics Stadium)

Sloane v Sporting Hackney (Hackney Marshes)

Springfield v Kodak (Harrow) (Wadham Lodge)

Willesden Constantine v Hounslow Wanderers (Alperton Sports Ground)

Essex Premier Cup Second Round

Alnwick v West Essex

Middlesex County League Senior Open Cup 2nd Round

West End v FC Romania (West Hendon Playing Fields)

Cricklewood Wanderers v Indian Gymkhana (S.S.H) (Ark Academy)

The Alec Smith Premier Division Cup First Round

Southall v Singh Sabha Slough (Hanwell Town FC)

London County FA Junior Cup Third Round

North Kensington v Seven Acre Sports (Vale Farm Sports Ground, pitch 2)