Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

ETFC v CHESHUNT

waggamick

Coming off a win makes this a more pleasant task.

While Cheshunt are 3-0-2, their wins were against 16th currently Chatham Town, 19th Potters Bar Town and 21st Hillingsborough with an Away loss to Aveley (4th) and a Home loss to East Thurrock(1st) 4-3 after leading 3-0.

So their form against the better sides isn't great and a 1-0 Away win against a struggling Potter's Bar Town doesn't suggest a dominant performance.

While Town's defence doesn't boost one's confidence there must be a real concern for Cheshunt over their defensive collapse against East Thurrock.

Take out games against Cheshunt and their opposition are 6-6-8 (24 points) while Town's opposition have been 11-4-5 (37 points).

Town who are 1-1-3 have beaten Tilbury (8th), lost to Leyton (6th), Concord (9th) and Northwood (10th) with a draw against Maldon Town (12th).

Better form on the weekend and having played, on average, better teams than Cheshunt plus a Home Ground advantage sees me tipping a 3-1 Win to Town.

Originally Posted By: Abu Dhabi
What are you on Waggamick but fair play to ya?

At this current point during our season rebuild I'll settle for a win whatever the score. And I'll be there GV.......
Funny Fags by the looks of it , This bloke talks in riddles ?????? coolsmoke bandit

Cheers Wagga, your research can give a degree of light of the season so far and the points you make are relevant indeed. However each game is different, we just hope the weather holds good so we can maintain this 'momentum' from Saturday.

With Rudi assisting, our team has an official leader with character and the best performer so far this season.

I'm gonna take a night off work for Tuesday game, should be a good game, with both sides in mid-table and similar form

Early season form can be deceiving given the depth of your opposition.

You rack up wins against teams that are most likely to end up in the lower 25% of the league and you get a 'false positive'.

I'm a great believer in most results being a combination of your teams form and how well the opposition let you play.

Cheshunt's form looks good on paper but when you look at who they've beaten, the small margins and their folding against East Thurrock, I would suggest their position on the Table after only 5 rounds flatters them.

Look at ETFC who have had a horror start but have been up against teams you would expect to finish in the top 50% of the League and you might forgive them somewhat.

How did East Thurrock let Cheshunt score 3 against them in the first half on the weekend? Cheshunt's good form or a brain snap from THurrock? Or a combination of both?

Originally Posted By: ambers4ever
Good result for you guys yesterday and i actually make you favourites for tuesday night after our incredible collapse.I just hope we forget about saturday and have our minds on the job tuesday if not we could be in trouble.See we don't all come on here and slag you off.

Thats the first sensible parafraph a Cheshunter has ever written. I'm looking forward to the game too, I've got 3 scouse friends down with me in london next week and they are coming along to watch the game too, its so finely balanced between two inconsistent teams, should be goals galore and fun.

Originally Posted By: Enfield United
I'm looking forward to the game too, I've got 3 scouse friends down with me in london next week and they are coming along to watch the game too, its so finely balanced between two inconsistent teams, should be goals galore and fun.

I know they're not the best supported team around but it should be a good atmosphere if they bring a few fans. I wonder if the Town faithful will welcome Cheshunt with the chant of "3-0 and you

Originally Posted By: Duke of York
Originally Posted By: Enfield United
I'm looking forward to the game too, I've got 3 scouse friends down with me in london next week and they are coming along to watch the game too, its so finely balanced between two inconsistent teams, should be goals galore and fun.

I know they're not the best supported team around but it should be a good atmosphere if they bring a few fans. I wonder if the Town faithful will welcome Cheshunt with the chant of "3-0 and you

EU,

You're right, we are not the best supported team in the league but we will bring a few fans down to Goldsdown Road and give your fans a run for their money.

A lot of ex-Cheshunt players will be on show tomorrow and I was very disappointed to see Michael Deane leave Theobalds Lane to join King's Lynn and now you lot. Brilliant player for us back in the day.

Although I should really back my team for a win, I have a feeling this game will be a draw. Purely because of our second-half performance on Saturday. However, if we have our key-defender fit and we don't get complacent once we're in the lead, then I see no reason why we can't come and get a result.

ESA, thank you for some sensible posts from the Cheshunt camp. The truth of the matter is that neither team knows how good it is yet; Cheshunt have a new team and a new division to get the hang of, while we have five thousand new players, a new management team and some godawful early season results to take on board. Without Saturday's results, I would have gone for a comfortable Cheshunt win, but now I'll plump for a cowardly draw confused

Looks like Michael Deane may be injured BTW

Agree with ESA's comments however like yourselves we expect better from our team. As ESA and FJ plump for a draw, very sensible too, i'm gonna go for a lively, heated but entertaining 3-1 win for Town, dunno why, but I have this feeling.

And why should'nt the Cheshunt headhunters visit the Towners for a mid-week competitive game, we'll look forward to the banter and good spiritness that the pro clubs are scratching around for these days.

Originally Posted By: East_Stand_Ambers
EU,

You're right, we are not the best supported team in the league but we will bring a few fans down to Goldsdown Road and give your fans a run for their money.

A lot of ex-Cheshunt players will be on show tomorrow and I was very disappointed to see Michael Deane leave Theobalds Lane to join King's Lynn and now you lot. Brilliant player for us back in the day.

Although I should really back my team for a win, I have a feeling this game will be a draw. Purely because of our second-half performance on Saturday. However, if we have our key-defender fit and we don't get complacent once we're in the lead, then I see no reason why we can't come and get a result.

Willo will be there...dont panic!

Originally Posted By: waggamick
Early season form can be deceiving given the depth of your opposition.
You rack up wins against teams that are most likely to end up in the lower 25% of the league and you get a 'false positive'.
I'm a great believer in most results being a combination of your teams form and how well the opposition let you play.
Cheshunt's form looks good on paper but when you look at who they've beaten, the small margins and their folding against East Thurrock, I would suggest their position on the Table after only 5 rounds flatters them.
Look at ETFC who have had a horror start but have been up against teams you would expect to finish in the top 50% of the League and you might forgive them somewhat.

How did East Thurrock let Cheshunt score 3 against them in the first half on the weekend? Cheshunt's good form or a brain snap from THurrock? Or a combination of both?

Just read the Cheshunt forum and you'll see where the blame lies.

Too bad I'm not in blighty to see this one. We let a game go on Sat and half the posts are crushing the team. It's one result, oh well, I guess it made us feel like the Townies at the beginning of the season.

It will be interesting to see the final result. Will Cheshunt rebound from Sat or does Enfield Town surge on from a good win.

PS: Please, no one bring any knives. duel

Well i won't be hiding behind a forum name tonight you will see me in the bar having a chat with my town mate Keith (taco) and i'm coming with Top Gun.So if any of you want to introduce yourselves i'll be wearing an Ambers badge (shock).

Here's to a few nice pints and a good game with the right result.

Originally Posted By: Father Jack
ESA, thank you for some sensible posts from the Cheshunt camp. The truth of the matter is that neither team knows how good it is yet; Cheshunt have a new team and a new division to get the hang of, while we have five thousand new players, a new management team and some godawful early season results to take on board. Without Saturday's results, I would have gone for a comfortable Cheshunt win, but now I'll plump for a cowardly draw confused

Looks like Michael Deane may be injured BTW

Wasn't that supposed to be a secret?