Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

ETFC 2 - CHESHUNT 3

Park Lane Towner

Fortress Brimsdown prevails! First 20 minutes of the game where wonderful to watch, just like old days. The team was playing with confidence, playing at pace and keeping the ball on the ground, playing proper football. And then it just went dead halfway through first half, for some reason no one was closing anyone down and we gave Cheshunt room to manoeuvre around. This didn

PLT, I dunno about old days but the first 20 mins were electric like i've never seen from a Town team before, ever. The adrenaline was obviously pumping and the players were up to finish Cheshunt off in that period. We deservedly took the lead after 1min and should have made it 2 then 3, the football was very impressive.

However we slowed down and Cheshunt carved out a couple of chances which they took one of.

Second half was even stevens with our goal being a reward of a good build up and a special left foot strike my Hahn. Unfortunately Cheshunts 2 second half goals came from mistakes by first Rudi and then Willis, it happens but it cost us at least a point.

As for Rio, he is not for us, he is below ETFC standards by far. If we get a good standard central midfielder to partner Rudi and a dominating Centre half we'll be fine and begin climbing the table, theres still time to get it right and make a challenge but we still need to fine tune 2-3 positions, quickly.

EU,

After reading some posts, it did seem the Townies were up for it. Did you guys lose some adrenalin in the 2nd half, or did Cheshunt make some adjustments at half time?

Anyways, from the sounds of it, you won't be spending much more time in the lower half.

We got well and truly done for pace.

Our goals were good and we really started the game well. However, too many mistakes cost us.

As for Rio, I did say to some supporters that we would not end the game with 11 players. I still stand by what I said last week and will be doing the lottery tomorrow.

I don't expect much praise from you guys but after a shaky first 20 mins or so we hung in and came back superbly.Two well taken goals from Dan and a 3rd from a howler by your keeper,both your goals didn't exactly come from great defending.

I know sometime support will be mentioned but its not all about numbers its about getting behind your team.Your fans were pretty quiet even when you were winning and ours were there all the way through.

Roll on the FA Cup on saturday!!

Cheshunt were the better team , second half we bossed it . A great keeper you have too . excited

Originally Posted By: East_Stand_Ambers
Who was it who said 3-1 to the Towners?...Pahaha!

Yep that was me, but who said it'd be a draw? the way the match went the score could have been anything.

We were woeful in central defence, Campbells strngth is at right back and Tickner gets found out with anyone pacey.

We were electric in the first 20 but Cheshunt stuck at it with a steady 90min performance, at times playing nice stuff and carving us up a bit. However we made two errors for the 2+3rd goals which were punished.

For Cheshunt its a good 3pts which makes up for the slip on saturday for the Town it was a much more spirited performance than of late that needs fine tuning, once its been fine tuned we'll be in and around that 5th place.

But b4 I finish, well done Cheshunt it was a great game.

Originally Posted By: Enfield United
Originally Posted By: East_Stand_Ambers
Who was it who said 3-1 to the Towners?...Pahaha!

We were woeful in central defence, Campbells strngth is at right back and Tickner gets found out with anyone pacey.

We were electric in the first 20 but Cheshunt stuck at it with a steady 90min performance, at times playing nice stuff and carving us up a bit. However we made two errors for the 2+3rd goals which were punished.
I did actually comment to Cheshunt fans George ,Fletch & Kevin that Town's central defence looked very suspect then Cheshunt wasted a 1 on 1 and a few minutes later they were level . It was the keeper that lost you the game in the end though.

Good to see and chat with old friends Taco ,Bubbles, Martin ,Andy ,Dave F , Dave H Gill ,Mary ,Medders last night too.

Your one game judgement of our defence is spot on. in our six games we have conceded 2-4-3-4-2-3 which is more than suspect.

Shame the game was decided by a keepers mistake as I think Willis is a very competent keeper and takes responsibilities in his box very assertively, but slipped one here, never mind, thats football, head up Jason I think you are quality.

Once we tighten up ship and the forwards of Hahn, Marshall, Deane, Remy, Hammond and Crace share a healthy goal ratio, we should begin to make progress.

Mind you, have you all seen the results and league tables from last night?

We will be right up there as soon as we get some positive consistency and a settled line up

But well done boys we have progressed from the forst 5 games lets just not go back there

Mr Parker (or may I call you Nosey?)

An honest assessment; it must have been a fantastic game for a neutral. Thought Remy and Hammond were outstanding for Town, as was, despite the defensive issues, Tickner at the back. For Cheshunt, Bradford's movement gave us problems all night, and Bleach was outstanding in the first half until he was inexplicably moved to the left. Untimately though, I thought a draw would have been a fair result, but we seem to be inventing new ways to lose games at the moment.

TG - good to see you again, hope to see you at an ESL game soon.

Yes definitely a draw would have been a fair result as both teams virtually had 45 minutes which they were in charge and created equal chances. Cheshunts defence was very shakey but i think the replacement centre half did a better job handling Ellis than the starter. I liked the way the cheshunt front two worked as a pairing, Abraham's pulled a couple out of the sky with some good first touches and Bradford for 18 years old looks a hell of a player at this level. I agree the switch on the wide player Bleach actually benefitted Enfield as he went quiet in the second half when he'd proved a handful in the first.

Tickner was solid in the air but on the ground looked worried by the pace of the forwards, great block tackle in the first half though. I think you need a centre half who can cover around Tickner and let him attack everything, someone with a bit of pace, if not a totally dominating centre half and that will really improve things. Centre midfield may need some fresher legs so that you don't get over run by busy midfields but attacking wise you've got some very good talent. I think finding the balance is the key but on that display you have definitely the nucleus to go on and improve.

Can you tell I enjoyed last night? lol

Congratulations to all concerned in that this is the most illuminating and constructive thread I've ever read.

Fans are so quick to condemn blokes who are actually out there giving their best at training and in games for what is a long season.

I've played amateur team sports for forty years and its rare to see someone not giving his all...barring some horrendous hangovers I had(a victim of Beer Group Pressure)so constructive criticism is always good....not always welcomed I must add.