Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Queen Elizabeth Stadium - Latest

Duke of York

Originally Posted By: Sponsor of Beer
Not sure the track and field outcomes at the Olympics were particularly successful. Post 2012 everyone will forget about athletics.

Probaly the most bizarre quote by yourself since the coach driver excuse!

What has how we done in the 2008 olympics got to do with any outcome being considered & after 2012 do you think all schools athletics & athletics clubs will cease?

Please practical input only.

Brimmo is an option for a future home, however, being at Brimmo, whether 100% occupants or sharing with Rovers will never bring back the glory days and great atmospheres of an Enfield team of the past i.e EFC 70's 80's and early-mid 90's.

The geography of Brimmo will hold back ETFC from building up a bigger fan base.

A Semi-Pro club in a borough that represents 300K+ residents needs to be central to everyones easy access, from school kids-pensioners who can only travel by public transport. By being central and being in eyeshot of thousands of motorists driving up and down the A10 will make everyone familiar with their local footy club more so than if we remained at Brimmo.

I've said this many a time on the forums threads and thats the council OWE our people of Enfield a Footy only Stadium which they took away from us in 1999. They now have an opportunity with the QE to rectify the mammouth error of judgement they made then.

Originally Posted By: Gazza
Originally Posted By: Sponsor of Beer
Not sure the track and field outcomes at the Olympics were particularly successful. Post 2012 everyone will forget about athletics.

Probaly the most bizarre quote by yourself since the coach driver excuse!

What has how we done in the 2008 olympics got to do with any outcome being considered & after 2012 do you think all schools athletics & athletics clubs will cease?

Please practical input only.

No of course it won't cease, which is why the Council was instrumental in developing Picketts Lock, etc. But the current hype will, and the Council runs the risk of having a significant publicly owned (and resource draining) white elephant on its hands.

I watched a match at Copthall Stadium, the other week. 8 Running lanes, is a long way to be from the pitch. There was absolutely no atmosphere, at all. Also, there were divots and holes where Discus, Shot Putt etc, had been thrown. You are so far away, that you lose the atmosphere of the play.

Originally Posted By: Hollie
I watched a match at Copthall Stadium, the other week. 8 Running lanes, is a long way to be from the pitch. There was absolutely no atmosphere, at all. Also, there were divots and holes where Discus, Shot Putt etc, had been thrown. You are so far away, that you lose the atmosphere of the play.

1 0 0 % C O R R E C T

We ( that is ME in this case, but feel free to agree ) don't want football inside a running track.
End of.

Let's vote on this imotive subject.

If its a new development then it surely will be possible to create something that will work for football. All this talk about lack of atmosphere when there is a running track is garbage. AFC Hornchurch create a good atmosphere when they play. I understand that it may not be possible to get behind the goal but if there are decent stands on the sides a good atmosphere can be created from there. Naturally I would rather it be a footie only stadium but if that is not possible then with carefull planning, this would be better than staying at Brimmo. Crowds would def increas playing in the west of the borough.

I think everyone would have to very carefully consider the implications of turning this potential once in a lifetime opportunity down. There won't be any other offers from the Council, ever. The prospect of competitive athletics is not on the table, I understand, its for track training (no throwing within the infield area).

Relying on security of tenure at Brimsdown is not without its risks, either. If Fairview came calling at some point in the future with an offer that a majority of the Goldsdown Holdings Board felt it couldn't refuse, that could well be that!

Originally Posted By: OldTowner
Do you not think we are all "assuming" a bit too much at the moment.
No decision has been made public.
This Council have "done us up" before - hold your breath and watch this space !!

Good itea OT.

In the meantime it's getting exciting and our expectations are high now but what we really need is another 3pts to keep the mood higher than ever.

Originally Posted By: Father Jack
.... Read a few of the other posts on here and try again.

Err... I dont see anyone saying they "WANT" a running track around a pitch, do you? No I dont think you do, do you.

LOGICALLY...... Its clearly a case of "well something is better than nothing" scenario being accepted.

Err....now try again!

Originally Posted By: Gazza
Originally Posted By: Father Jack
.... Read a few of the other posts on here and try again.

Err... I dont see anyone saying they "WANT" a running track around a pitch, do you? No I dont think you do, do you.

No but I wasn't sayimg that. Those who have said that we should accept the Council's offer are NOT saying they WANT a running track. This is not a black v white question in the terms in which you seem to be seeing it.