Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

My view on the current situation

dukeofmarmalade

While it's clear that you want Stewart's head on a plate, and you may well prove to be right, you can't have it over this. Adam was relived of his position because of the outcome of the Hillingdon game, a fact he acknowledges in the local media. As Stewart wasn't even there on that day, you don't get the outcone that you seek.

And before you start on about managers being at every game, that's a nonsense at this level. No doubt you'd also begrudge a family holiday during the close season, on the basis that a manager should be signing players.

Let's just hope that we don't get an applicant for a future managerial job with BO and a fear of flying!

.....Adam was relived of his position because of the outcome of the Hillingdon game......

So he was sacked on the result of one game then?

And before you start on about managers being at every game, that's a nonsense at this level. No doubt you'd also begrudge a family holiday during the close season, on the basis that a manager should be signing players.....

I thought he came back from a family holiday in the close season to sign players didnt he? Well according to you he did anyway!

I would love to see him succeed, he seems a genuine decent guy, but even you, with all your sucking up, have to admit its been a poor start to the season, with some very poor decisions & a player merry go round the likes never seen before, but hey you keep those rose tinted glasses on & keep telling us how good things are & we will keep chuckling!

Originally Posted By: Sponsor of Beer
While it's clear that you want Stewart's head on a plate, and you may well prove to be right, you can't have it over this. Adam was relived of his position because of the outcome of the Hillingdon game, a fact he acknowledges in the local media. As Stewart wasn't even there on that day, you don't get the outcone that you seek.

And before you start on about managers being at every game, that's a nonsense at this level. No doubt you'd also begrudge a family holiday during the close season, on the basis that a manager should be signing players.

Let's just hope that we don't get an applicant for a future managerial job with BO and a fear of flying!

I think I am quite fair in my opinions and I've been logical in judging SM in his first few weeks at the realm. The team is a mess at the mo, but I have'nt called for his head, I say let the fella sort it out, its his creation afterall. To be fair looking at the merry go round he is trying to sort things out, whether you like the way he does it or not. I wish him to succeed.

However, one thing that can not be accepted is his timing of a holiday. At this level you have to be in presence from the first pre-season gathering til the last needs of a full season.

Unless we are running a sunday park team/set up which we are'nt.

I've mentioned the holiday business before and the timing of Adam's exit. However, as a family man, Stewart may have booked his family holiday last year when he was merely an assistant and never thought he would be in co-charge.

What has worried me is that since the start of the friendlies, our record has been something like won 5, drawn 5 and lost 10. Now that, together with all the comings and goings surely was not down to just one half of the partnership?

Let's stop the merry go round/revolving door policy, field the 'best' 11 we have and get on with getting away from the bottom half of the table. Jim tinkered. Let's not go down that route.

Originally Posted By: Abu Dhabi
My measure is very simple 2 wins, 5 loses, 1 draw that gives 7 points out of a possible 24. 7/24=29% of available points which makes him half as good as Jim. If he keeps winning the percentage increases and I will gradually get off the mans back! I can't speak for others. It is a tough job being a football club manager.

Football management is a skill, the more skillful you are the better you are at it.

We need someone who is skillful at it, SM is early into his reign still and should have a settled 11-15 players by now but he does not, I'd give him til x-mas to get some sort of consistency in rusults and a settled first team, I think that is fair.

SM has not cut it as a manager at step 5 level or below. Before moving into the management of a Ryman club and one with the expectations of ETFC he should prove himself at a lower level. I agree, he does seem a nice guy but he is not ready for the challenge of ETFC.

Originally Posted By: Mr Happy
SM has not cut it as a manager at step 5 level or below. Before moving into the management of a Ryman club and one with the expectations of ETFC he should prove himself at a lower level. I agree, he does seem a nice guybut he is not ready for the challenge of ETFC.

Nice Guy or not - this is NOT a qualification to be a Manager.
Unfortunately, top people in Business or Management are rarely "nice" whilst doing business.
They need to have a ruthfullness about them.
I do not believe that SM has that about him.

In fairness OT, you've only seen him in action for a month and a half and part of that he was on a family holiday.

The revolving door is revolving quicker than the Wonder Womans twirl, so deep breaths and see what October brings, I'm sure SM knows things are'nt brill at the mo, but he wants to prove to us he can do well. He deserves that opportunity.

Originally Posted By: Enfield United
In fairness OT, you've only seen him in action for a month and a half and part of that he was on a family holiday.

The revolving door is revolving quicker than the Wonder Womans twirl, so deep breaths and see what October brings, I'm sure SM knows things are'nt brill at the mo, but he wants to prove to us he can do well. He deserves that opportunity.

Well, good for him !!

Meanwhile we supporters are meant to say nothing in the "hope" that SM can sort it out ?

He gives me the impression of "panic buys" in case supply runs out. The revolving door policy is just plain crazy.

I believe you stated previously - end Sept turnaround or go ?
Well, tomorrow is it.
Lets hope for a win, as nothing else is acceptable.

We've managed a couple of wins in September albeit Tilbury and a poor Hillingdon (who won on Saturday) so things have improved slightly with of course the Ware game to come.

No it's not brilliant at the mo, but lets see what happens during October, if we target an improvement to September then we will be gaining some positive momentum.

It's just my line of thought, I'm of course no expert.