Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hopkins should never work again

Emily

The man's a complete imbecile!! He started off slowly and I actually thought he might have learnt his lesson but no. He has no idea of what is or isn't a foul and no idea when to show a card.

If the Setanta footage tonight isn't enough to get him the sack then the Blue Square Premier chiefs are making a mockery of this league.

He should be tarred, feathered and run through every town in the Conference.

The man is an utter utter utter clown. It takes some talent to have done something worse than our second-half performance but that totally clueless moron managed it.

He ruined the Cambridge game with all his needless bookings.

Tonight I think it was 7-8 yellows for us and 3-4 for Histon and of course Darius Charles was sent off for a second yellow, quite why he got a second yellow was not clear to anybody where I was standing. Agian it was not a dirty game.

I believe he does get through a lot of cards in all his games.

Surely the powers that be will have a long hard look at all this.

Originally Posted By: Andanotherthing
Tonight I think it was 7-8 yellows for us and 3-4 for Histon and of course Darius Charles was sent off for a second yellow, quite why he got a second yellow was not clear to anybody where I was standing. Agian it was not a dirty game.

For the most outrageous swan dive outside the Olympics!

Originally Posted By: American FLEET FAN No1
Originally Posted By: Andanotherthing

For the most outrageous swan dive outside the Olympics!

Well at least we know that it may have been deserved(?).

It caused a very adverse reaction on the Stonebridge Road terrace, which only goes to show maybe we all need new specs. Nice to see this new fangled TV thingy has some uses.

Wasnt a dive from what we could see the other side of the pitch - his momentum seemed to take him over if the tackle won the ball, or it was a foul. Chas was potentially in a better position to tell, I guess, but the reaction of the players certainly suggested it wasnt a dive.

Even if that was a bookable offence, he should never have been booked over the "foul" he committed earlier - admittedly it appeared to be for dissent, but that was clearly brought on by Hopkins awful decisions. Quite how Gash got booked, when the defender marking him was forever having his arms all over him, was particularly bemusing.

It should be said, however, that we didnt lose because of Hopkins - we lost because we didnt play well tonight - too much long ball for a start - only Moore, Gash, Macca and Charles really came out with any credit.

Originally Posted By: Alan W (GNFC)

Wasnt a dive from what we could see the other side of the pitch - his momentum seemed to take him over if the tackle won the ball, or it was a foul.

Exactly as I saw it & I was in the 2nd row of the main stand, level with where he went down.

Originally Posted By: Alan W (GNFC)

It should be said, however, that we didnt lose because of Hopkins - we lost because we didnt play well tonight - too much long ball for a start.

Couldn't agree more. I should have been thrown out for what I called the ref when he sent Darius off (sincere apologies to everyone around me - I've never used that word before in public, well certainly not at that volume.) However, we shouldn't tell ourselves the ref cost us the match. We lacked the patience, guile & confidence to play it through them. They played to their strengths; we never got going; it was never going to come.

Totally agree stu we were absolutely shocking in the second half. With sasha out injured, there was no shape to the side, darius was almost playing as a left sided centre half, ricketts again froze when venturing into the oppositions half, the ball bypassed the midfield as well. Long was invisible for most of the game, surely we can't go from playing the attractive football we were playing three weeks ago to the pile of rubbish we played tonight. Also hopkins is a moron and shouldn't even ref kids football.

What a shambles, that man has to be the most incompitent ref i have ever had the misfortune to watch ref a game. Bad decision after bad decision. Yes Charles dived, probably the only incident that warranted any kind of punishment all game. As for the bookings for back chat, i don't blame our lot at all, i would have been extremely frustated if i was in their position as well. Can't believe the decisions regarding Gash, the Histon defender was all over him all game... stone wall pen for hand ball as well. Same old conference... same old s**t refs!

The ref may have been over-zealous with the cards (9 yellow cards - 6 fleet 3 histon). However, Sentanta indicated he issued 10 yellow cards in his previous game in charge so presumably the players were aware as a ref he takes "no prisoners".

Given this fact and the rate at which he was dishing out cards tonight, why did Charles (1st booking) and Gash choose to remonstrate with the ref? The red card had no impact on the result and yes Charles was unlucky to go but when your already in the book that's what tends to happen. Histon were the better team on the night, with the Fleet playing too many long balls forward to Gash.

I'm not defending the ref, some of his decisions were bizarre to say the least but lets not forget he also dished out a number of cards to Histon players so you could argue both teams were treated pretty equally! The Histon goal was well taken too.

Did I hear right on the coverage last night, that the fecking ar$e has issued 29 cards in his previous 4 matches? Jaysus, thats some record isn't it?

If other referess can run a game without resorting to throwing cards around like confetti, how can this fecking langer get away with it continually?

American Fleet fan - it was not a dive by Darius Charles - he was clipped three times going at great speed before he finally lost his feet and then he tried to get up straight away - he is one of the most honest players in the side .

To see someone get sent off for that was farcical - to not be able to appeal - as it was for two yellows - is equally farcical.

The referee was only interested in one person - himself! Showed all the attributes required to join other elite refs in the Premier League - namely Styles, Webb and Riley - expect to see him doing Champions League in 3 years smile