Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Angel of the South

Greg_Dyke

Originally Posted By: PatMan
I would like to see them using the money to get rid of a few of the pylons, burying the cables and showing off some proper 'open space'.

Couldn't agree more Pat...get rid of the existing pylons - they're a total distraction from my view from the Plough End!

Originally Posted By: eufckev
I know the Gravesend Heritage Quarter is due to get underway in the Spring. The west end due for completion in 2011 and the east end in 2013.

Link

The tower... anyone know whereabouts it's going to go? Is it where the top of the promenade is?

Looking at the pictures, and the Clarenden now closed down. It looks like thats the location.

Originally Posted By: David Holden
Originally Posted By: Riverview Supporter
I would like to see them invest the money in an overseas bank , avoiding taxation whilst offering a high return of intrest.

How does this avoid taxation?

Mr H you are letting your professional life impinge on your private life

Originally Posted By: StuThompson

Looking at the pictures, and the Clarenden now closed down. It looks like thats the location.

I might be wrong, but I have a feeling the Clarendon is being kept, and the inside converted to flats. Or, as developers now like to call them, apartments.

It all seems quiet and derelict down near where the Clarenden is. If the Clarenden being kept, where's Gravesend's tower going to be based?

One of the main reasons why 75% of people don't want the tower there is because it will distract the view of the river. But this will only be for a minority of those who live near the site of the tower and those residents whose houses are based on Windmill Hill. The survey weren't exactly reliable, a survey of only a 100 people. Thats a thousandth of the population of Gravesend.

YES to the tower and the rest of the GHQ.

Originally Posted By: eufckev
It all seems quiet and derelict down near where the Clarenden is. If the Clarenden being kept, where's Gravesend's tower going to be based?

Originally Posted By: Alan W
The big downside according to a leaflet I saw last week is that St Andrews Gardens would be lost & thats a nice area by the river.

Well, St Andrews Gardens is the address given on anything I have read - even stating that its bound to cause problems as it is public space.

But never mind that Kev, give up all the reamining spaces for a 34 floor, 100 metre high tower - when there is still a huge hole in the ground where the muti-storey car park was sold off for development.