Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Harefield United....

Thanks for the reply, Samuel. One question though: Why so late? If it gets called off again we'd lose (yet another) league fixture.

County Cup ties are supposed to take priority over League games and this tie was supposed to have been played in January so I would have expected it to have been played last night.

Wingnut, we've had two postponements of this game so far but I'm not sure about priorities being given to County Cup games. I'm just a supporter who flits from club to club on whim and am not privy to such knowledge.

Tell ya what, I'll put that question to Rhodes, he's a bloody boy marvel when it comes to details like that. Rhodes....County Cups and stuff, have Harefield been negligent in their fixture arrangements this week?

My only concern is that if the game is postponed again, the rearranged date would have to be the following Tuesday - the date of the (already moved) semi-final. If the game wasn't played this week, it should at least be on Tuesday, so Thursday can be a stand-by date.

We've already had to postpone a League game to ensure the 3rd is free for the Semi-Final and don't have any Tuesdays left so if the semi doesn't happen then we will end up with a blank Tuesday and have to three times in a week on at least two occassions, which isn't fair on us.

Bloody hell Uncs, you were right. Many apologies, but, in my high state of excitement last night, I posted on two different threads and lost track of where they were. crazy

Anyway, as you will see, it was a load of ole bollox because you were beaten by the Swifts in front of 190 'odd' fans. Sorry again for the confusion.

Originally Posted By: samuelsmiles
Evening Uncs, you're a bit touchy tonight aren't you?

Hey, the Hare and Hounds did ok tonight and are gunning for the Isthmian League, how did you go against the Swifts? I would imagine you stuffed 'em, you know, what with them being rooted to the bottom of the league an' all that, they must be a right load of ole sh*te. You gubbed 'em, right?

See you in the Conference South maybe?

Originally Posted By: Wingnut

My only concern is that if the game is postponed again, the rearranged date would have to be the following Tuesday - the date of the (already moved) semi-final. If the game wasn't played this week, it should at least be on Tuesday, so Thursday can be a stand-by date.

Wingnut - I don't think you need to be worried on that score as it has been like Spring this week and the forecast is for much of the same, I think you will find there are no further postponements at Preston Park this season.

Samuelsmiles - Royals26 was at Watchet Lane last night, did you hook up:

Spartan South Mids Premier

Watchet Lane

Holmer Green 0-2 Harefield Utd

Attendance: 48 -started out a lot less - but eventually people dragged themselves out of the Social Club - evidently not gripped by the Indoor Bowls match or Kiddy vs Cambridge on Sultana

Admittance:

Sorry if you thought I was "badgering" you Samuel. It's just Ashford Town need to know what's going on because we have the same problems as anyone else. In fact, ours are magnified by the fact we are still involved in four cups! Thanks for the input from both yourself and Buck Rogers.

I've passed the date of the 26th that you gave me this morning to our secretary, who is liaising with the County FA to see if the Semi-Final is likely to move again.

Originally Posted By: Wingnut
Sorry if you thought I was "badgering" you Samuel. It's just Ashford Town need to know what's going on because we have the same problems as anyone else. In fact, ours are magnified by the fact we are still involved in four cups! Thanks for the input from both yourself and Buck Rogers.

I've passed the date of the 26th that you gave me this morning to our secretary, who is liaising with the County FA to see if the Semi-Final is likely to move again.

Wingnut, buck rogers is right about the date for the AFC Hayes game but, as you should have realised by now, this forum doesn't generally deal in facts.

My only advice, if you were looking for anything resembling a fact, would be to (a)ignore anything said on here, (b)check with the Club secretary or ©look on Wikipedia. On second thoughts just (a) and (B) will work with (a) being the most reliable option. grin

Hares 1 v 2 Leverstock Green eek

mmmmmm, this is getting worrying now. No, get a grip man....don't panic, think logically....I've got it, if things get too bad we can just go support another club, yeah that's what we'll do, go and follow someone else. Bingo, I've got it....Southill Alexander....now where's Rhodes's phone number? crazy

mmmmmm, this is getting worrying now. No, get a grip man....don't panic, think logically....I've got it, if things get too bad we can just go support another club, yeah that's what we'll do, go and follow someone else. Bingo, I've got it....Southill Alexander....now where's Rhodes's phone number? crazy

I am sure that SA will be pleased to have you on board Samuel.....that would make it 4 clubs in 7 months for you but hey....who's counting...grin

At least you were man enough to come on so fair play to you for that and Broxbourne weren't able to do what you did on Tuesday and win at Holmer Green.

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin

I am sure that SA will be pleased to have you on board Samuel.....that would make it 4 clubs in 7 months for you but hey....who's counting...grin

You? clown

Unc - Yes that's right, Edgware Town, Leyton, Welwyn Garden City and Harefield United, that's certainly some going.