Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Harefield United....

Originally Posted By: samuelsmiles
I had a chat with a couple of their supporters and both said that eight of the players against Oxhey started their last Conference South game.

One of them, Jonathan Hunt, was also a Premiership player with Derby County. Weakened nonetheless Rhodes, so you are absolutely right. grin

sometimes supporters talk sh1te sam..the stalebuns team was much reduced...still a good result for oxhey jets tho...

JH would not get in the Hx team...

up the hares and hounds.....grin

I had a chat with a couple of their supporters and both said that eight of the players against Oxhey started their last Conference South game

If that is the case then fair play, the report on Oxhey Jets Website certainly doesn't indicate that St Albans played a weakened team but then I suppose it wouldn't do:

http://www.oxheyjets.com/

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
I had a chat with a couple of their supporters and both said that eight of the players against Oxhey started their last Conference South game.

One of them, Jonathan Hunt, was also a Premiership player with Derby County. Weakened nonetheless Rhodes, so you are absolutely right. grin

sometimes supporters talk sh1te sam..the stalebuns team was much reduced...still a good result for oxhey jets tho...

JH would not get in the Hx team...

up the hares and hounds.....grin

Of that, there is no doubt Uncle.

JH would be more than capable of getting into our pub team though. grin

Should be a good one, so how close to the ground do you live, I thought you lived over Edgware way.

Can't wait to see Samuelsmiles report this week if indeed there is one. I understand there was a bad injury and the game was delayed whilst an ambulance was called.

Yeah, the team seems to be going through one of those bad patches at the moment, three defeats in 5 games. eek

Chalfont are a good side though and won't be far off come the end of the season. Good luck to the fella that broke his ankle, hopefully it isn't as bad as it first looked.

Don't panic Mr.Wainwaring. boxing

Very subdued compared to your usual 'masterpieces'. You must be looking over your shoulder at surprise package Colney Heath who are only eight points behind with a game in hand.

Excuse me while I shuffle bits of my anorak off the keyboard blush but...

I managed to get to this one -

- didn't much fancy the M25 and our first choice of 'ricay vs the Urchins sounded as if it was going to be in some doubt until after I needed to leave - if that makes any sense? confused

Saw a fast paced game between two good sides who move the ball around very well.

Very unfortunate injury approx 10 mins before HT - long delays - lad was wrapped up and kept still on the ground whilst the Ambulance was called. I overheard from someone on the sidelines that it was a shin-break but now sounds like it was an ankle (?)- not even sure there was any contact with another player - was over on the far side of the pitch from us and the nearest Hares player immediately called the refs attention to the injury and the game stopped straight away.

Naturally took a while to get him off the pitch so HT wasn't until nearly 16:15 - game eventually finished close to 17:25.

Re the game itself - the difference between the sides was simply punch and 'oomph' up front - Hares undoubtedly have it but didn't seem to able to get it going today - though the big No.10 looked a handful and tried hard without much end-product - Ch St.P had it in spades as KT found out the other week! - the right winger looked lethal everytime he was on the ball especially 2nd half when Harefield's fairly flat back four started tiring - Strutton took both his goals with ease - though neither were that easy.

Hares took the lead with some clever interplay inside the box - Chalfont equalised with a remarkably similar move early 2nd Half. Hares went back in front with a clever quick free-kick routine - thundered header from the big(ger)CB.

Then Chalfont seemed to take over whilst Hares ran out of steam somewhat.

Aforementioned No 7 outpaced the defence and crossed for a tap in at the far post and not long before the end, Hares lost the ball cheaply in midfield - it was switched quickly through the middle for a simple finish - though here I confess I was heading for the close of play loo break - so didn't actually see the ball go in! (shame!) blush

I'd have thought if there are nervous glances anywhere its possibly in Chalfont's direction - though the continued Vase heroics and the number of games to get through (on a shared ground) may be their undoing I spose?

If they do win all four in hand games won't they be level with Harefield! shocked

PS Sorry re lack of Player names/details etc but I'm not one of those hoppers who religiously writes out his own copy of the Team Board/listens to Public Announcements re scorers/measures ambient temperature of Bovril from the Tea Bar etc

MB, the Generalissimo and me went to this game but arrived late. Good report by royals and as we were on that side I can confirm that the ankle break was down to player stretching for a ball and his standing leg getting caught on the pitch as he twisted. Interesting to see the paramedic do a pitch inspection as he walked across the pitch though.

Lively game between two good sides. Thought Hares played better than last week v Hertford but are missing a couple of key players (Totton and Cowen). CSP number 7 was a real handful but they are not a one man team. They could go close but sheer number of games might be their undoing. As for Hares well they have suffered a slight wobble in the last two games but will bounce back.

Royals26 was at Preston Park, I'm sure he won't mind me posting his comprehensive report on his behalf:

Spartan South Mids Premier

Harefield Utd 2-3 Chalfont St. Peter

Attendance h/c 120 ish

Admittance

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Royals26 was at Preston Park, I'm sure he won't mind me posting his comprehensive report on his behalf:

Not at all but I had already posted one of my own for SSM consumption above - the one you've kindly pasted in from the Tony K forum is written from the 'hopping' angle i.e. more about facilities/directions/refreshment opportunities etc etc - which 'you lot' on here would presumably already know?

That explains the double dose of Anorak - or double-layer if you prefer - definitely required in this weather! smile

I actually missed that earlier on and have only just seen it now, when Lato posted his version of events at roughly the same time as you it took this thread to a new page so apologies for that, at least I didn't call you an anorak.

Quote:
at least I didn't call you an anorak.

.. within reason you can call me whatever you like - though I don't actually own an Anorak.

PS ... and How's about my awesome headcount guess on the crowd then - only one out - and that's probably cos I forgot to count myself! wink

Langford have lost the plot recently and even lost at home to beleaguered Kentish Town, it won't be a problem for Harefield United on Saturday.

Things ain't gone so well over the last few games, but I think a long undefeated run is due.

I'm not sure about Langford, they seem to have lost a little form lately so the game on Saturday should be interesting, and the Hares need to get some confidence back.

I know, from talking to the snooty Hares coach on Saturdaygrin, that we have been looking at a couple of players to strengthen the squad. Isn't Keane unhappy at Liverpool? Maybe worth a look.

Up the Hares and Up Yours. grin