Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Harefield United....

• 3 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: PeterPan1
Rhodes..... scraped is exactly what it was!!! if brimo had a striker that knew what the net looked like they wouldnt be in the brown stuff that they are!!!

I think winning ugly is an under statement, Brimsdown's PeterPan1 confirmed that you robbed them blind yesterday so the wobble isn't over by any means.

Okay, well it seems like it was a hard fought three points but that's where league's are won at the end of the day, no doubt Samuelsmiles will be on soon to give us his version of events. Don't get me wrong as I have nothing against Harefield United, they are a well run Club who have earned their FA Charter Standard status and have excellent facilities at Preston Park however, and yes there is a but, it's like the Emirates Stadium when you go there and you can hear a pin drop, I still wonder if the Club really does want Step 4 football.

Winning a championship isn't all buttons and bows and it certainly isn't always pretty. The hard fought for and ground out wins by the odd goal are the difference between champions and also rans.

Brimsdown are a much changed side and has already been said, they now just lack a golden boot to finish off for them. Well done Harefield on a possible championship winning match....we could all well look back at this season and say this is the game that confirmed their fortunes. Well done to them.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Okay, well it seems like it was a hard fought three points but that's where league's are won at the end of the day, no doubt Samuelsmiles will be on soon to give us his version of events. Don't get me wrong as I have nothing against Harefield United, they are a well run Club who have earned their FA Charter Standard status and have excellent facilities at Preston Park however, and yes there is a but, it's like the Emirates Stadium when you go there and you can hear a pin drop, I still wonder if the Club really does want Step 4 football.

Rhodes, you may be right, after a chat with a Club official on Saturday, I understand Harefield aren't really interested in Step 4 football........Step 3 yes. Will you be at Preston park when 'Ornchurch turn up. Up the Hares and Up Yours shocked

If, in the unlikely event, Harefield United are promoted to Step 3 if indeed they do win the SSML Premier Division this season then they won't be meeting Hornchurch firstly because the Urchins will be a Step 2 Club in the Conference South by then and secondly Harefield would surely go into the BGB South & West next season rather than the Ryman League Division 1 North.

Good morning Uncs, something happened to my innocent post last night. It just disappeared. Bloody technology eh.

Shall I re-post it this morning or would it be better to join FreeMyFC so this sort of thing doesn't happen again. We don't like bannings and stuff like that do we, you know, freedom of speech an' all that.

By the way, I've been reading some of the stuff on the 'ornchurch forum. That Urchin Mentalist fellow and all the other 'ornchurch posters? Kind off buggers up Darwin's theory of evolution wouldn't you say?

Originally Posted By: samuelsmiles
Good morning Uncs, something happened to my innocent post last night. It just disappeared. Bloody technology eh.

Shall I re-post it this morning or would it be better to join FreeMyFC so this sort of thing doesn't happen again. We don't like bannings and stuff like that do we, you know, freedom of speech an' all that.

By the way, I've been reading some of the stuff on the 'ornchurch forum. That Urchin Mentalist fellow and all the other 'ornchurch posters? Kind off buggers up Darwin's theory of evolution wouldn't you say?

no idea what post you are referring to samuel...innocent posts don't get removed to they ?...maybe you didn't press submit in all the excitement...!!

as for the hx fans....aren't they great...support their club in all weathers and through all highs and lows....most hospitable fans in the game..smile

Ok, maybe you're right, I was in a high state of excitement after watching the Hares win a thrilling game in front of about 20 fans in the cold last night so I could easily have not hit the 'enter' key.

Will your supporters be as hospitable to the referee from the game on Saturday again? And what about wingnut? A cnt? Nice. That didn't get deleted did it. Oh well, it's just banter innit.

Samuelsmiles - I would stay on the right side of Unc if I were you, in three seasons time when Harefield United and Hornchurch are both in the Conference South you will have the time of your life at Bridge Avenue if indeed you haven't moved on to support another Club by then, there's no better roller out of a red carpet and flesh presser in the non league game.