Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Harefield United....

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Samuelsmiles - Well it's not so much what you've said but I've never forgiven you for being the instigator behind this silly clip and shows what you're capable of:

A Day in The Life of The GM's: Director, Wader Spielberg: Running Time 32 seconds:

http://www.grapheine.com/classiktv/index...669f40aa93c26cb

Ah yes. You owe me a pint for giving you your big movie break.

Thank you for the update Samuel

Good to see that everyone is getting on so well!

and Rhodes is playing nicely.

As for pre Season fixtures I am sure they are now in place but I have not spoken to anyone to get confirmation.

Will post details as soon as I have them.

Enjoy the break everyone...

Talking of Essex do we know what the Essex Senior League Constitution is following their AGM last night. Samuelsmiles I think I was a little harsh earlier and would like to offer my hand of friendship, I look forward to meeting you at a SSML fixture next season as I'm sure our paths will cross.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Talking of Essex do we know what the Essex Senior League Constitution is following their AGM last night. Samuelsmiles I think I was a little harsh earlier and would like to offer my hand of friendship, I look forward to meeting you at a SSML fixture next season as I'm sure our paths will cross.

Was you drinking last night Rhodes?

It's a proposition i'll have to give a lot of consideration to, I mean, you spent most of last season slagging off my beloved Hares didn't you......remember?.... 'Snooty'....'kicking teams off the park with their strongarm tactics', 'bottling it at the end of the season'....where will it all end eh?

On the flip side, all of Southill Alexander hates me, so I do need a friend.... ok, I'm prepared to give this due consideration......just keep it under your hat, ok. crazy

Rhodes you keep refering to Harefield not doing themselves any favours with their attitude or something they have supposed to have done in the past. Please can you tell me and all the other people involved in the club what these things are,as we are obviously unaware of them !

Maybe we can give you some real facts and then you can stop bad mouthing the club. Or would the truth be to boring and leave you with nothing to bitch about!!!

Over to you Rhodes ask me any question you like.........

Buck Rogers - Well how long have you got. The issues stem from 2006/2007 when the Club lost face in the 'cut throat' race for the Championship with Edgware Town and showed their true colours particularly over that controversial penalty episode, Browndog's antics on here were unforgiveable and I hope he received a dressing down from the Club. Having said that though you were far more dignified last season after throwing the Championship away to Biggleswade Town and that was a credit to you, hopefully you can make amends next season however you're getting a reputation of always being the bridesmaid, never the bride.

Rhodes, there was nothing controversial about the penalty episode you refer to. The referee got the rule wrong and his decision was overturned by the FA, the first time this has happened in British football.

This was not the referee giving a corner instead of a goal kick which is a matter of interpretation but a fudamental error in applying the laws of the game.

The crimnal thing was that we were offered big bucks by Sky to broadcast the replay the following week but Harefield decided that they would appeal the decision and therefore lost a half share of the loot. The replay took place on Tuesday 13th March 2007 and ended in a 0-0 draw. An extract from the original match report filed by John Comfort, Edgware Times sports reporter:

Edgware are looking to get their Spartan League game with Harefield United replayed after a crass error by referee Mark Tweed over a penalty kick on Tuesday night denied them the opportunity of a goal which would have saved them a point and their unbeaten record writes John Comfort.

Lively Harefield had presented the biggest test yet to Edgware's winning run and, after a first half which the visitors easily had the better of, they were good value for their 1-0 interval lead.

However the 19th minute penalty which put them ahead, converted by their impressive striker Danny Jordan when Mark Buchanan was deemed to have impeded Michael Woolner as he looked to get on the end of a left-wing cross, was regarded by many as dubious.

After the break the Wares looked to up their game but, unfortunately, Mr Tweed failed to follow suit.

After Harefield's Adam Willis was ludicrously punished for elbowing Buchanan with just a yellow card, the referee simply lost the plot - and any semblance of control.

Lee Gardner seemingly levelled for Edgware with a 64th minute penalty, awarded after United defender Robert Coldrake had brought down Adam Wallace in the visitors' area.

As Edgware celebrated, Mr Tweed astonishingly disallowed the goal, citing encroachment by a home player, and awarded Harefield a free kick.Total mayhem followed with players, officials and management furiously arguing on the pitch over the decision.

But Edgware's arguments fell on deaf ears. Even after lengthy consultation with one of his assistants, Mr Tweed still declined to change his decision, even though he had clearly got it wrong.

FA Law 14, relating to penalties, states that at the taking of a penalty if a teammate enters the penalty area before the penalty is taken the referee should allow the kick to proceed but, if the ball enters the goal, the kick is to be retaken. But if the ball does not enter the goal then play should restart with a free kick to the defending team. So the decision should have been a retaken spot kick.

Originally Posted By: ORACLE

The crimnal thing was that we were offered big bucks by Sky to broadcast the replay the following week but Harefield decided that they would appeal the decision and therefore lost a half share of the loot.

Oracle - This is the first I've heard of that as clearly it was 'inside information' at the time which Gavin wasn't privvy to, how much would you have received from Sky.

seems you dont know as much as you think then, But on that day at edgware the ref wasnt the only person insisting he was right to award a free kick it was great seeing people who should know better trying to convince others, FA and league officers the ref was correct!!!!!!

so why shouldnt harefield appeal how many times have we heard the words "the ref is always right" and you cant change things when the game has finished.

As for the money Edgware might have been offered money but Harefield never had any concrete offer of any money.It was in the news etc and silly figures mentioned but nothing turned up.

hope this clears this up and at the end of the day i think edgware won the league by 10 points that year so they deserved to go up .