Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Harefield United....

You have to admit that yesterdays laboured 2-1 win over lowly Westfield was a poor result, I originally thought it was a Sunday morning team mustered from the Westfield Shopping Centre in Shepherds Bush who play over Wormwood Scrubbs but on the another listing it had Surrey after their name in brackets. It would appear that Harefield United aren't going to be the team they were this season for one reason or another, I think you have simply had too many bites at the cherry and will forever be the bridesmaid never the bride.

Bramley - To be honest I'm not a big follower of the Combined Counties League and had honestly not heard of Westfield before so no offence intended, I automatically associated them with the Shopping Centre in Shepherds Bush. I'm sure very few people had heard of Tokyngton Manor during the early part of last season or had the faintest idea where Tokyngton was, me included, however they are now firmly on the non league map.

opps wrong info rhodes. the first team didnt play this game it was a team from the reserves and some new youngsters.oh yes and totti got on for a few minutes.

and as for laboured , i think not. just a healthy run out for what could prove to be a very strong 2ND STRING this season.

so rhodes where you got your info from, GOT IT WRONG AS USUAL.

Originally Posted By: the hare

the first team didnt play this game it was a team from the reserves and some new youngsters

Well that explains it and what I would have imagined against a team like Westfield, thanks for the clarification

Originally Posted By: the hare

come on rhodes the 331 bus from uxbridge stopes right outside lets see you there and decide for yourself how good harefield might be this season!!

I do know how to get to Preston Park however I'll be at the Viking Sports Ground this evening watching Tokyngton Manor take on Conference South outfit Hampton & Richmond, hopefully our paths will cross during the course of the coming season.

interesting game tonight couple of regulars missing and some new blood introduced. Bedfont never rearly troubled the hares, and except for 3 chances in the first half never looked like scoring.

got exiciting near the end when the ref couldnt identify the bedfont players who were involved in a handbags scuffle with 5 minutes to go and he decided to walk off and end the game.

anyway 5 -0 against a suppossed higher level team doesnt sound to bad and it should have been more.

not what the management were saying before the game. But never mind out of last years team harefield played 7 of the old team and made the rest up from res and new players. so you can all keep going ON AND ON AND ON about how good or bad these teams are but there WILL be sliverwear in the HAREFIELD TROPHY CABINET THIS SEASON !!!!!

SO JUST TO REMIND YOU ALL LAST NIGHTS SCORE WAS

HAREFIELD 5 - 0 BEDFONT GREEN (A LEAGUE ABOVE ?)

Buck Rogers - Not at all, Hampton & Richmond brought a squad of twenty players last night of which the majority were from their first team, Tokyngton Manor matched them every step of the way and had we converted a series of good opportunities we may well have won the game. Eyebrows were raised by their Management and I believe a number of our players were tapped up, Jaap Staam style, as was the case last week when we entertained Beaconsfield SYCOB.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Buck Rogers - Not at all, Hampton & Richmond brought a squad of twenty players last night of which the majority were from their first team,

lie

Tokyngton Manor matched them every step of the way and had we converted a series of good opportunities we may well have won the game.

lie

Eyebrows were raised by their Management and I believe a number of our players were tapped up, Jaap Staam style, as was the case last week when we entertained Beaconsfield SYCOB.
lie

Originally Posted By: jayjay
Buck Rogers - Not at all, Hampton & Richmond brought a squad of twenty players last night of which the majority were from their first team,

lie

Tokyngton Manor matched them every step of the way and had we converted a series of good opportunities we may well have won the game.

lie

Eyebrows were raised by their Management and I believe a number of our players were tapped up, Jaap Staam style, as was the case last week when we entertained Beaconsfield SYCOB.
lie

so you are saying Rhodes is using a bit of 'poetic license', jayjay!!

I can't find a decent Match Report confirming Cliffords claims anywhere. H&R don't even list the fixture on their website.

Sorry to ask Clifford but was it H&RFC or Hampton Village Club that Tok played?

Originally Posted By: buck rogers

Rhodes it was their res you played wasnt it? they dont play in the conference south ! dont big it up to much.....

Buck Rogers - Who's e-mail address does this belong to:
'robinhufc@hotmail.co.uk' if you continue to doubt my word you can tell whoever it is that they won't be receiving anymore key Funding or Coaching information.

Clifford, its "whom". "Whom does this email belong to?".

Must try harder I feel.

Originally Posted By: loosely
Clifford, its "whom". "Whom does this email belong to?".

Must try harder I feel.

see, he does need you more than us Loosely....you can introduce literacy lessons into his re-hab programme