Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Harefield United....

Originally Posted By: Conrad

so why are your shins black and blue from you kicking them over the last week." Explain please

Lol, it's not my shins that are black and blue, it's yours. Harefield drew seven games this season compared to Biggleswade Town's four, that equates to fourteen lost points over the course of the campaign so clearly that's where you lost the Championship, it's not rocket science.

Indeed ! Rocket science it is not. Although you seem to think I have some kind of affiliation with Harefield, which I do not. I am simply suggesting that they have had a good season. I am not an adherent of the "First is first second is nowhere" culture in football, particularly at grass roots level, where honest endeavour often goes unrecognised.

And Good Morning to you !

Conrad - Well you did give the impression you were heavily involved at Preston Park and appeared down in the mouth that Harefield United threw, sorry chucked, away the Championship which they did in a Leeds in 1971 and more recently in a Newcastle in 1996 fashion.

Ooops sorry beware first impressions.

Title chucked away ? Surely Liverpool when they lost to Arsenal at Anfield or more recently Man Utd, hunted down by Arsenal, threw away quite a large points lead.

I just think it is better to give credit to the team that won the title than castigate those who come up short.

Waddayasay.

Conrad - You obviously know a thing or two about football however as far as I'm concerned all Biggleswade Town's Christmas's came at once this season and they can't have believed their luck at the way Harefield United choked, it is right up there with your Tim Henman's and Jean van de Veld's that's for sure.

Sport can be as cruel as nature sometimes.

Actually thats not true is it.

Season 2009 / 10 will provide a chance for redemption for all those who tried and failed this season. And of course a potential banana skin for those who tasted glory this time out.

I don't really have any sympathy for Harefield United after their behaviour in 2006/2007 when Edgware Town deservedly won the Championship, they played every trick in the book to put Edgware off their stroke so I really think that the chickens have come home to roost this season.

Perhaps next season will provide them with the opportunity for Premier League glory or do you think their chance has gone ?

It may be that their Arch Nemesis' from Season 06/07 will return to frustrate their efforts once again !

You couldn't make it up.

Football Eh !

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Originally Posted By: samuelsmiles

Harefield 8 (Eight Rhodes grin) Kentish Town 2 bounce

Sjj2112 - This was a post that Samuelsmiles made just after the game on 11 April but how he must be regretting that Harefield didn't score another two or three goals from their numerous chances or prevent Kentish Town from scoring, it should have been Arbroath v Bon Accord all over again.

Rhodes your post would say you were at this game? funny that because you turn down the invite I made to you to be part of the biggest crowd at preston park this season and one of the biggest of the league.

You really should get your stories straight.

As for where did Harefield lose the title this season, to pick a game would be highlighting a mistake made by one of the sqaud and that would be totally unfair.

Biggleswade had a huge task to win there games in hand so well done to them.

I could look at the outcome through RHODES tinted glasses and say B/wade were lucky with the Chalfont own goal!!!!!!! gore

Rhodes you will never cease to amaze me. gore

I don't really have any sympathy for Harefield United after their behaviour in 2006/2007 when Edgware Town deservedly won the Championship, they played every trick in the book to put Edgware off their stroke so I really think that the chickens have come home to roost this season.

And here we finally have the truth. Harefield United are on Rhodes' grudge list along with Kentish Town and Haringay Borough. Despite all evidence provided to the contrary he is going to keep banging on about Harefield "throwing it away" and "choking." He's already tried to suggest that their "failure" was entirely down to the game against, surprise, surprise, Kentish Town, a convenoent opportunity to have a dig at both clubs.

A team that wins it's last 5 games in a promotion race is not one that "choked," it is one that gave it their absolute best shot and ultimately fell short by the smallest possible margin.

But hey, Rhodes, best not to let facts get in the way of a good grudge campaign!

Originally Posted By: sjj2112

And here we finally have the truth. Harefield United are on Rhodes' grudge list along with Kentish Town and Haringay Borough. Despite all evidence provided to the contrary he is going to keep banging on about Harefield "throwing it away" and "choking." He's already tried to suggest that their "failure" was entirely down to the game against, surprise, surprise, Kentish Town, a convenoent opportunity to have a dig at both clubs.

A team that wins it's last 5 games in a promotion race is not one that "choked," it is one that gave it their absolute best shot and ultimately fell short by the smallest possible margin.

But hey, Rhodes, best not to let facts get in the way of a good grudge campaign!

Well said
excited

Going back to Waders comments, I was one of the neutrals watching and I couldn't beleive that I was watching two top four sides... one of which was battling for the title.

As Wader said the number 5 had a shocking game and the Brox keeper flapped at everything that came near him... all Harefield needed to do was keep getting ball in the box for the big centre forward but they didn't.

Samual I think you was standing just to the left of us in the first half? Was you the guy with the shoulder bag?

Originally Posted By: sjj2112

Also interesting to note that a large number of that Harefield squad are now at WGC (hence the continual vilification of that club) but he still feels the need to put the boot in to Harefield. Sad attitude from a sad person.

Originally Posted By: Football Man

Also interesting to note that a large number of that Harefield squad are now at WGC (hence the continual vilification of that club) but he still feels the need to put the boot in to Harefield. Sad attitude from a sad person

Another way off the mark post by Football Man who incidentally I spotted at Tilbury tonight with some of his cohorts, as usual he blanked me completely when he had every opportunity to confront me face to face about the above and man to man.

• 3 weeks later...

Rhodes I dont know what tricks you thought harefield played that season as i saw it a crap ref made a wrong decsion which happens all the time, and football history was made by the powers that be to overturn a result and make a game get replayed. All sounds strange to me as the goal that never was against Watford was given by another crap ref ( Mr Atwell) but that game wasnt replayed!!! or hundreds of other wrong calls made by substandard refs.

But what was even better that night was listerning to other officers of the league agreeing with the ref on the night and standing up for him.How Quickly people change their minds!!!!

Coup - You appear to have got into bed with the likes of Football Man, Lato, Spidermanor, Wader, Willo the Cat, Sjj2112, the dysfunctional Keeps and Horace and I can't seem to do any right in your eyes. A lot of people tell me that you like to talk the talk but struggle to walk the walk, you made a fatal error of judgement in following Dave Watters, sheep like, to the 'Non League Today' paper from the security of 'Non League' only to lose your job eighteen months or so later when the paper went belly up.