Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

where,s the fight and passion gone!

fed up with watching the fleet playing long ball game when the target man i.e gash only win 1 out of 15 balls look much better when we play football on the deck,gash needs to win more and moore to play off him so if he does win a header moore can latch on to it to say i,m pi##ed off is a joke!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted By: red n white
only 2 players give it 110 percent today darius and sacha but if no one else fights never going to win need to step it up.

Agree that Darius was head and shoulders the best Fleet player on the field.

But Sacha? Yes he showed passion, but it was mostly misplaced and misjudged. He came very close to getting sent off a couple of times. His distribution was woeful, that was just about the worst I have seen him play.

And we need more than passion out there, we were lacking quality and the confidence has gone. None of the players seem to want the ball.

As for Gash; agreed he was not very good, but he was one of 10 players to underperform today and the way we are playing is doing him no favours. He is expected to win headers against bigger and stronger defenders and today he was trying to get onto the end of any knock ons that he may get. There was one incident where he controlled a ball on the half way line, rolled it back to a support player (can't remember who) and then was expected to chase down the inevitable long ball some 40 yards further forward. He damn near got there too.

Yes he did not play well, but he was by no means our poorest performer today.

The midfield was our strength last season, it is currently a shadow of that unit

Liam appears to have lost interest lately. From where I was his body language says it all. As i've said before, I can see him walking before not very long. Again, what's up in the dressing room, anyone know?

Don't forget the PASE lads are playing Wednesday 7-30, Cup Match should be a good game to watch and only

Makes you wonder how much longer this can continue without questions being asked of Liam.

The team are playing crap.

No confidence.

Route 1 all the time.

Conceding goals.

Not creating or scoring many.

Bypassing the midfield.

The team are either not following Liam's instructions, or worse

they are following them.

Drastic prblems need drastic solutions.

My personal feeling is the team must be changed before Liam's job is on the line.

I was fortunate not to waste

Originally Posted By: Bill Kent
What's up in the dressing room, anyone know?

I think you have hit the nail on the head, BK. To misquote the Prince of Denmark, "Something's rotten down at Stonebridge Road." Smithy having less chance of starting than Gordon Brown copping off with Scarlett Johansson - what is all that about? And what's this with good players suddenly turning mediocre? People behind me applauded the removal of Jamie Hand as totally ineffective when a month ago he was walking on water. Stacy Long looks totally disheartened & that's the 1st game I can remember that Sacha hasn't applauded the crowd at the end. Mind you, they were booing us off & who can blame them?

Liam is a great motivator & can coach teams into beating superior opposition, but that doesn't exonerate him from all responsibility when things go belly up. Like some of you, no doubt, my job involves motivating people & if they go cold when they should be up for it, I can look for the rotten apple, I can give a rollocking to those who are undermining others' confidence, but I also know I have to look at what I am doing wrong too, because, in such circumstances I know I will be.

Woking must really fancy their chances of a nice 1st round FA Cup draw.

their confedence must be very down at the moment and with poeple saying from the stands things like 'your rubbish' or 'is there any point of you playing'the its going to stay down so when the next home game comes around lets make the atmosphere electric and have most of the crowd signing and cheering on the boys. this is just a bad spell at the moment and it will change, we have a break from the league next saturday so that will do the boys good but it will also for be good for the boys to turn around at woking and see loads of fleet fans so come on poeple lets get loads down to woking and cheer on the fleet give them confedence back ready for the league

thanks,

kieron

Performances have been, how should this be put, a little way short of whats expected after last season... Be nice to focus on some of the positives tho...

Of the last 4 defeats - 3 of them have been to sides in the top 7 (well, they are now) so these were never going to be walk-over matches.

Charles has really shown how good he is at this level.

Attendances have been up.

Erm, thats about it...

In my modest oppinion I think we have only used the "Gash" route in the last two games I have seen.Every dead ball,Lances kicks,through ball,Iwould love to say crosses but the lack of whith in our game sums up the situation.It appears to me that the Shakes dont get behind the defence that often at least George P bless him would always give thier defence a pace check at every oppertunity.The times that Stacey was wide and calling for the ball only to see it hit at MG you could see the frustration on his face,this may be a reason to his lack of form?.Liam asked for the support which he has got now lets hope he can deliver the football.