Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

where,s the fight and passion gone!

Lance, Darius and Luke Moore were the only players today who earnt their money.

We lacked confidence and passion. McCarthy always looks like an experienced wise head, but the players seemed to be eleven men as opposed to a unit. We do need a McPhee-esque leader.

We miss McPhee and Bostwick so sorely in the middle. CG mentioned they were our strength last season. I think last season's midfield could have been the basis of a promotion-winning side. 08-09, however, we haven't replaced either adequately (although Jamie Hand, when the players around him are in form, does look a class act), and this is showing. We are bypassing the midfield in play, but the only real creative spark is Stacy Long, who is a shadow of last year's player. We have not replaced Akinde, and whilst Luke Moore has stepped up a level, Gash is starting to disappoint me. In a squad doing well, he plays well, but he doesn't have the ability to change a game like Akinde or Charlie Mac could.

I made the point on the 'Michael West' thread that, to inject passion, determination, and a bit of creativity, we should look towards the better attacking players of the PASE set-up. Nowotny, Callander, Michael West and Ryan Cole have all looked classy in FA Youth Cup games. Next Saturday, we are in our unlucky green strip, in dire form, in a competition we are traditionally unlucky in; rather than persist with a similar starting XI to yesterday's, with little to lose, I'd like to see some PASE lads given a crack of the whip.

Originally Posted By: KShep
Lance, Darius and Luke Moore were the only players today who earnt their money.

We lacked confidence and passion. McCarthy always looks like an experienced wise head, but the players seemed to be eleven men as opposed to a unit. We do need a McPhee-esque leader.

We miss McPhee and Bostwick so sorely in the middle. CG mentioned they were our strength last season. I think last season's midfield could have been the basis of a promotion-winning side. 08-09, however, we haven't replaced either adequately (although Jamie Hand, when the players around him are in form, does look a class act), and this is showing. We are bypassing the midfield in play, but the only real creative spark is Stacy Long, who is a shadow of last year's player. We have not replaced Akinde, and whilst Luke Moore has stepped up a level, Gash is starting to disappoint me. In a squad doing well, he plays well, but he doesn't have the ability to change a game like Akinde or Charlie Mac could.

I made the point on the 'Michael West' thread that, to inject passion, determination, and a bit of creativity, we should look towards the better attacking players of the PASE set-up. Nowotny, Callander, Michael West and Ryan Cole have all looked classy in FA Youth Cup games. Next Saturday, we are in our unlucky green strip, in dire form, in a competition we are traditionally unlucky in; rather than persist with a similar starting XI to yesterday's, with little to lose, I'd like to see some PASE lads given a crack of the whip.

These lads deserve a chance that is without question, but I would not want to see these lads sacrificed on the route one alter that is Liams want at this time, only to see them sink without trace.

Spot on Kayne. Not much to lose next weekend (it is the cup) and if he throws a couple of the kids in, it's good for them and also gives some of the more experienced ones a kick up the behind.

One of the only good things I can take out of this at the moment is that they don't give the impression they are not trying.

It's just not happening and I don't think that any of us have the answers.

I disagree that we should go back to letting jamie han sit, when he was doing that it was against teams that let him, even histon manager said that they knew we did that and exposed him which has happen sinced. When asked to track up and down he hasn't managed it as cannot get back quick enough and him and barret looked exposed. Whats wrong with the team that won all the games upto him coming in??????? Pre season looked pretty good as did the fist 6 league games.

We can't adapted around one player. I agree his passing ablity is good but fittness is the important thing in this league and we need a box to box player, slatter fit or stone will give us that like they did pre season , maybe move jamie out on a wing or into the crap right back position???? or a 3 in midfieled so he can sit more?????

Something needs doing and quick?? Not got to many youth teams games, many players capable there????

I completely agree with you on that - we have no pace in the centre of midfield.

Every loose ball got picked up by Torquay, they were quick to close us down and we never put them under any real pressure when they had the ball.

Maybe the reason we bypass the midfield is simply that they are not good enough!

Originally Posted By: razzlered
I disagree that we should go back to letting jamie han sit, when he was doing that it was against teams that let him, even histon manager said that they knew we did that and exposed him which has happen sinced. When asked to track up and down he hasn't managed it as cannot get back quick enough and him and barret looked exposed. Whats wrong with the team that won all the games upto him coming in??????? Pre season looked pretty good as did the fist 6 league games.

We can't adapted around one player. I agree his passing ablity is good but fittness is the important thing in this league and we need a box to box player, slatter fit or stone will give us that like they did pre season , maybe move jamie out on a wing or into the crap right back position???? or a 3 in midfieled so he can sit more?????

Something needs doing and quick?? Not got to many youth teams games, many players capable there????

When you say crap right back position I asume this is because we don't have a genuine wing back in the 1st team for Lance to roll the ball out to .

From the P.A.S.E side the best right wing back is Myron Turbine, the best left wing back Steven Springett,the better midfield player's are Micheal West RM, Billy Sommerville CM
Chris Henry D/CM, Tom Parkinson LM, Forwards are Nick Nowotney and Sam Callendar. and the sooner we get them involved in the 1st team setup the better

From the P.A.S.E side the best right wing back is Myron Turbine, the best left wing back Steven Springett,the better midfield player's are Micheal West RM, Billy Sommerville CM

Chris Henry D/CM, Tom Parkinson LM, Forwards are Nick Nowotney and Sam Callendar. and the sooner we get them involved in the 1st team setup the better

Lets see what happens Wednesday night 7-30 shall we. Hope the lads win, and we get a reasonable attendance at the ground. I know a few of us wrinklies will be there cheering the boys on regardless. If they play their usual robust and adventurous style there shouldn't be any problems.

Originally Posted By: Yorkfox
Turbo, I read that Liam has taken some of the kids on the team bus for away trips for experience. Has your Myron has a day out yet ?

He went to Oxford last season for the first game post takeover and was the subject of some colourful banter with the crowd at half time, he just wants to be let off the leash and show his true worth on the pitch Keith, with our 1st teams lack of imagination at the moment we could do with the lads coming through maybe a bit quicker than in past seasons.