Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The wretched green kit

Don't expect too much from Woking as we will be wearing the wretched green kit. Three appearances in it so far and three defeats. That's enough for a superstitious old irrational football traditionalist like me. I say burn it immediately and replace it with the emergency standby yellow shirt(with black shorts and yellow socks). Our fortunes would improve immediately, mark my words..................Mystic Lord C. Pip, and indeed, Pip.

hit my head on a metal green clothes peg in junior school years ago thus six stitches in my head.ever since classed green as unlucky. went to wrexham and kidderminster where we played in green bloody hell perhaps i am partly to blame.i am a jinx

more bad news i am going to woking guess what what we are in green again

i will get my coat

From the moment I saw Sacha in it at Wrexham, I knew it was a bad thing. It looks like a training bib.

If you are playing in the same colour as the pitch, passes will go astray. Maybe this explains our retarded aerial tendancies of late?

I would burn it personally. It doesn't even have the feel of a Fleet shirt.

Originally Posted By: KShep
Should have been the blue one. Who remembers the epic away day win at Dagenham in a blue shirt?

Certainly do, Ben Walshe rounding off a brilliant 2nd half display to make it 4-0? Tony Roberts sloping off at the end... love it. In fact this away day, aong with the 2-1 win with Bradley Johnson free kick winner, is up there with the best of them.

As for the kit, we should never have had the need for a third kit, away shirt should have been yellow.

So much for the green 'Netball' shirts ..i dont think the white sleeves help..is there also a touch of irony when these Wretched Green bibs can't be replicated and put on general sale ..There was never anything wrong with the Yellow...Nor The Mr Ham Man white.....Surely the sensible thing to do is to look at the opposing teams Shirts and decide no team Plays in Pink !

Originally Posted By: Our Team
So much for the green 'Netball' shirts ..i dont think the white sleeves help..is there also a touch of irony when these Wretched Green bibs can't be replicated and put on general sale ..There was never anything wrong with the Yellow...Nor The Mr Ham Man white.....Surely the sensible thing to do is to look at the opposing teams Shirts and decide no team Plays in Pink !

Dulwich Hamlet? smile

Originally Posted By: American FLEET FAN No1
Originally Posted By: Riverview Supporter
Cant belief yellow didnt get voted into at least be third kit.

The majority of owners probably didn't know the Fleet had ever played in yellow!

I have two of Ebbsfleets inaugural (last seasons) yellow away shirts for sale if anyone wants one. Brand new, in the bag as they say. Size is Small, measured 19

Originally Posted By: Charles Webster
Don't expect too much from Woking as we will be wearing the wretched green kit. Three appearances in it so far and three defeats. That's enough for a superstitious old irrational football traditionalist like me. I say burn it immediately and replace it with the emergency standby yellow shirt(with black shorts and yellow socks). Our fortunes would improve immediately, mark my words..................Mystic Lord C. Pip, and indeed, Pip.

Hey Charles, how about posting a photo of the wretched green kit at www.oldfootballshirts.com so we can see whay it it really like ;-)
So far only 2 Woking shirts have been added, there must be more out there coolsmoke