Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Woking Commentary

I agree with you in saying that we do look a lot better when Darius is playing left back, he's so calm on the ball and gives us a lot more options going forward as opposed to Sacha hoofing it every time he gets it.

However I think from my view our 2nd penalty was definately a pen. I was right in line with it and Ibe reached it first before being tumbled by their GK.

Was incredibly good to see a fighting spirit in the Fleet at last - one for JC - when was the last competitive game the Fleet came from 2-0 down to get something from the game? I hope I don't make an ass of myself by saying it's been a long time!

2-2, after being 2-0 down is a good foundation to build on, so am now feeling a lot more confident for both Tuesday and Burton.

2-0 down at half time , I was about to decide whether to go Bluewater or Lakeside for Xmas shopping on the 8th.

The first was a definate pen from where I was. But no more sinister then the incident(s) at Kiddy a few weeks back.

The second looked just outside the box.

But after all the Hopkinesque refs weve had this year , a controversial decison has gone our way.

We are in the hat lads. It doesnt matter who we draw , we still have to do the biz at home Tuesday. But the incentive of Gills away would be superb as would trips to any big league names.

Lets get down to SBR and get the place bouncing. Loads of noise and get to that forbidden land of FA Cup R1 Proper.

Im off for a celebratory Bushmills and coke.

travelled down today when near euston passed wembley stadium which brought great memories of our great day in may.now in the hope of some more glory i made my way to woking.

wow what a start quickly two goals down what a shambles at the back.we then started to peg woking back having a lot of the play

in the second half our defence was outstanding and coolhand luke was so clinical with the two penalties i could hardly watch.great scenes of joy when the second went in with the players rushing over to celebrate with us.

thought maybe we could have a third penalty near the end

what a great double save by lance near the end when the woking guy was clean through incredible

then five mins of injury time gee i am glad we got through that.

after the match after applauding the players i was so happy and started to leave saw kenny being interviewed on the telly and then made my home.

smiled all the way home the fleet fans deserved a change of fortune.

hope everyone got home safely

Penalty 1

penalty 2

Their goals :-

Goal 1

Goal 2

Difficult to tell for definite on this evidence if either or both were penalties, particularly the first. I do think the keeper realised he had fouled Ibe on the second though & in the box - his reaction says it all for me - rolls around & deliberately does so outside his box.

For the Woking fans to be so adamant that they were shocking decisions, with this video evidence, is laughable - even more laughable for one to suggest that Ibe's challenge could have been dangerous play!

I can't see how either of those were penalties to be honest. I'm finding it impossible to think what foul was committed for the first, and the second looked from where I was to be half a yard outside the box. I said at the time that this could turn our season around, since often a bit of luck can kick-start a team out of bad form. That said, we still need to consolidate it with a win on Tuesday. To do so we will need to show more creativity than today, James Smith will have to stop punting the ball out of play (penalty 1 excepted) and we really should put out the same team as today, just to gain a little consistency.

It's five games, three defeats, two draws for me now - the only way is up: roll on Tuesday!

for the first penalty the referee was next to the incident and saw an offence and pointed straight to the spot.fair play to him a lot of referee choose to bottle it ignore it this one did not.

the second penalty i was right in line with.my immediate reaction penalty did not think about being outside at all that was my gut reaction.

i reckon the officials got that right also

If You enlarge the video of the penalty claim for the foul by the keeper.It looks as if the keeper takes him down in the area with his hands then rolls out of the area,to make it look like it takes place outside of the box,but to be sure would need a side on view.

As the keeper could be in the area and Luke Moore just outside with the keeper arms outstretched to collect the ball.

Or it could also be seen it as Luke Moore tries to kick the ball out of the keepers hands and goes down with the collision that follows. I think it would depend on what side you follow.

For the second one it looks like the keeper stopped on the edge of his area hoping the ball would come through to him, this allowed Ibe to get in ahead of him, definate pen. If the keeper had come out of his area and taken the ball on his chest he would almost certainly have been fouled by Ibe but he didn't.

The first pen looks very soft, yes their defender got in Gash's way and jumped into him rather than trying to play the ball but that happens everytime a ball is played into the area...they are only normally given against us.

Its about time we got lucky now we should take advantage of that luck on Tuesday.

Looking at them in full screen view, I think they were both penalties, though to get them both in the light of what we normally receive was extremely fortunate. Lorraine is being beaten to the ball by Gash, so puts his arm over to impede his jump; the ref said he caught him in the face too. The 2nd, in full screen, I think you can just see the goalie take out Ibe's left foot with his hand inside the area, though many, protect the goalie at all costs, refs would have given a free kick to them & probably booked Ibe for playing a ball at thigh height with his foot when closing on the keeper.

Luck evens out & we were due some. Do we get the same ref tomorrow?

As someone said (on the Woking forum, I think), the players reactions said a lot - I've already mentioned the keepers reaction to the second penalty & Lorraine, for the first, immediately holds his arms out in one of those "innocence" poses, which invariably means, "Yes, I fouled him"! It was also noticeable that he didnt immediately complain to the ref (I know the "Respect" thing is around, but that wouldnt have stopped him normally).