Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Feeder Club

OldTowner

Are Town now the feeder Club for Boro ?

I see that Broxbourne Borough have recently signed 2 of our rising starts.

Plus Max is there on a 3 month loan.

According to the Brox info these are "permanent" signings :-

Freddie Dooling and Robbie Carroll.

Both players have been with Town thro the youth set up and it seems a bit short sighted to let them go.

Out on Loan - Yes, no problem, but permanent? Why.

Whilst they may not be under any form of Contract to Town is there no way we can keep these type of youth Players registered ?

Surely these Players are the future of the Club.

I read in the observer yesterday about this 20 year old chelsea player out on loan to wolves and in the squad for the international on Wednesday. He said and I quote,

"I've been at Chelsea since I was 8: I love it, but I have two world class centre halves in front of me and I have to think about my future . How long do I wait?"

Now there is nothing wrong with ambition however at 20 he has not got the experience to command a first team place in the heart of a premiership defence. If Chelsea can not keep their young players what chance Enfield Town.

Originally Posted By: Steph
I read in the observer yesterday about this 20 year old chelsea player out on loan to wolves and in the squad for the international on Wednesday. He said and I quote,

"I've been at Chelsea since I was 8: I love it, but I have two world class centre halves in front of me and I have to think about my future . How long do I wait?"

Now there is nothing wrong with ambition however at 20 he has not got the experience to command a first team place in the heart of a premiership defence. If Chelsea can not keep their young players what chance Enfield Town.

Agreed and we cannot compare the Clubs in any way what-so-ever.
However, my point is still valid.
Chelsea's Mancienne is ON LONE at Wolves ( not released ).
At the end of the Lone period he will return to his Parent Club.

Difference is that Chelsea have him under contract. Clubs of our size cannot afford to have all ploayers under contract and that then allows free agents to be approached at any time. If they are regitstered with a club then all other clubs have to do is put in a 7 day approach.

I believe that non-contract players can be dual registered at clubs at different levels of the pyramid. This may therefore be why Fred's move is described as 'permanent'. By contrast Max, as a contracted player, has to move to Broxbourne on loan.

Originally Posted By: OldTowner

Are Town now the feeder Club for Boro ?

I see that Broxbourne Borough have recently signed 2 of our rising starts.
Plus Max is there on a 3 month loan.
According to the Brox info these are "permanent" signings :-
Freddie Dooling and Robbie Carroll.
Both players have been with Town thro the youth set up and it seems a bit short sighted to let them go.

Out on Loan - Yes, no problem, but permanent? Why.
Whilst they may not be under any form of Contract to Town is there no way we can keep these type of youth Players registered ?

Surely these Players are the future of the Club.

Or are Broxbourne Borough becoming a feeder club for the Town?

Originally Posted By: Mr Happy
I agree re Woodgate. However, until King can prove that he can play week in and week out for his club he will not risk furthering his injury woes playing for England.

Saying that,most England players have proved this week that they can't play game in/game out for England.Just look at the usual injury drop out rate.

Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
[saying that,most England players have proved this week that they can't play game in/game out for England.Just look at the usual injury drop out rate.

While King and Woodgate have proved that they can't play game in/game out for Tottenham

Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
PS..How do J.Lescott/C.Davis/Mancienne get picked in preference to the likes of L.King/J.Woodgate for the England centre back positions. doah
Did you not see match of the day on saturday night . King and Woodgate's performance's was appalling at Fulham. It could have been a bigger defeat as well.