Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Crawley commentary and Kettering at home

Evans says he had a clear penalty second half - didnt think it was as Ricko got the ball although you could potentially have argued he deliberately raised his leg to trip the attacker after playing the ball (why, though, as Lance was going to clear?). And if that was a penalty it only evened out the handball against Giles in the first half.

Good to see Setanta make the right decision on MOM aswell - Darius was imperious for the most part, especially second half.

And he hinted about a conspiracy about refs against Crawley. Said something like 'they say they haven't, but they quite clearly have an agenda'. In my opinion, and said it at the time,it was a great challenge from Ricketts who quite clearly wins the ball. Look a much improved side tonight with a lot more football being played, also seem to be playing witha lot more energy.

BBC Stats are interesting -

Possession 51% Crawley 49% us

On Target Shots - 11 -6 to us

Off Target Shots - 9 - 5 to us

Corners 6 - 1 to us

They may not tell the whole story (there are lies, damned lies & statistics, after all!), but they do suggest we deserved a win.

Good to see we can do it without players such as Murray (not even in the squad tonight despite the very solid performance on Saturday) and Hand.

Delicate looked a bit lightweight tonight & didnt really get involved - but I'm not going to condemn him immediately to the scrap heap - after all, the standards in Canada are different to here and it will take a few games to get used to our play & to link with those around him.

What was encouraging was that there was more passing the ball through the midfield and less booting upfield (though there was still too much of that). The fact that we got the result supports the need for that style of play.

They need to work on their throw-ins, though. We lost the ball on most of them.

After watching Evans sweating like a pig in the post match interview it crossed my mind that he is from the same gene pool at Barry Fry. And no way was it a pen Ricketts won the ball fair and square and it was just his follow through that caught the Crawley forward. Graet win lads another 3 points on Sunday will keep the run going

Well worth the short trip down the M23, great result. Thought we came out very strong and took the match to them for the first 15 mins or so but weren't able to make it count. They slowly got into it and an individual error let them in for a soft goal, which Lance may think he should have done better with. Unlucky to go in one down at half time.

Second half they were on top from the whistle but we were strong at the back but it only looked a matter of time before they got another, we didn't do ourselves any favours by giving away possesion with aimless long balls and misdirected passes. Heads appeared to be dropping when Gash scored a cracking equaliser from the edge of the box only to be outdone by Lukes spectacular late finish.

Thought Ricketts had a good game, Luke hadn't done much up until scoring and appeared to be getting an earful from Liam on one occasion, Stone also played well imo and of course Darius, who I thought was again outstanding and without whom we may well have lost. Delicate looked good in the opening spell and appeared to have a bit of pace as well as height (but wasn't overly impressive in the air), but he faded and looked a bit knackered when he went off.

Crawley had a few pacey players and looked very dangerous on the break, but thinking about it I'm not sure they really had too many clear cut chances for all their possesion in the 2nd half.

Anyway that was my impression of it, look forward to watching the replay to see if was anywhere near the truth......

......well having watched it again, I did Luke a disservice, Stacy also had a good game.

A great game,I was impressed with the passing and the running off the ball. When is Ron Hilyard going to get Lance to think about his distribution? Far too many kicks going into touch and once he just booted the ball straight to the opposing keeper, when all the Fleet players were still in their own half. For an England C player his distribution is awful!

Well I must say what a good performance against Crawley! I was a little apprehensive going into this game on league positions and our recent form. I cannot see where 'Parks' thought a draw would have been a fair result! I thought Darius had a masterful game and we are fortunate to have him on loan for the season. I also thought Stone had a good game in the center of mid on his own in midfield three, broke up opposition play and used the ball well when in pocession. The only gripe is why does Sasha feel it is necessary to hoof the ball as far as possible upfield when in pocession, when he has the ability to pass through midfield or at least hit the front mens feet?

Overall a very good performance from the boys and lets hope for more of the same on Sunday!

watched the match on tv.still on a high even now.the fleet started so well putting crawley on the defensive but we just could not find that killer pass or finish in the penalty area.

could to see peter delicate win some headers which would normally be swallowed up by the defence.at last we may have a player with the ability to win some balls in the air.

the goal was a disaster but all credit to the lads they kept plugging away and playing a lot of football on the ground.

watched michael gash goal a few times now it gets better every time beat three players and smacked the ball in the net.

play the ball to michael on the floor he has the ability to take them on the defenders hate it .the high ball to michael is where we have been going wrong in my opinion.

at that stage i would settled for a draw but what a great strike by luke wonder goal the goalkeeper never had a pray.

got a bit stressed out in the 3 mins injury time so glad to hear the final whistle

liam was interviewed at the end about the fuss in the tunnel seems that evans was griping on about the penalty and the ebbsfleet assistant manager told him to go you know where.

wish evans was shown the ebbsfleet penalty claim what would he have said.

that was definitely a penalty in my book and probably in evans book if he was truthful