Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FA Trophy 1st Round Draw

eufckev

Originally Posted By: jc
Originally Posted By: BustaGut
Can you not go across on the Gravesend ferry, and catch a train from Tilbury, or does ferry shut down to early for return? Have not looked just inquiring ?

Er, do you know where Bognor is?

Originally Posted By: Ian_D
I couple of seasons ago when we played Grays (when we lost 5-1)

Pedantry alert: if only it had been just the five.

In answer to your question yes, but as I was doing other things at the time of typing the question, for some reason my thoughts were drawn to Clacton

Originally Posted By: John Pearce
It will probably be too much to hope for, but lets all hope for a repeat of the Southern League Cup 1st. Round 1st. Leg score on the 26th. August 1975:-

Gravesend and Northfleet 8 Bognor Rehis Town 2
(Bostock 4, Jeffrey 2, Woolfe & Hutchins)

I hope there is not a repeat of the second leg though as Bognor Regis won 3-1.

This begs the interesting question of naming Fleet players in the last 50 years who have scored 4 or more in a game.
Bostock , Portway (6), Damien Richardson (4) and Steve Restarick (4 or 5) spring to minds.
Any advances?

I remember Portway and Bostock well,Both scoring against us on more than one occassion.Didn't Portway have some problem with an eye injury,I think he had only the use of one eye when he scored two against us in the last game we played you,both were prolific scorers I seem to remember.

He got a ball full in the eye - caused permant eye damage but not full blindness. Carried on scoring heavily throughout his latter career in Essex, and still turns out on occaisions for testamonials.

Still a regular vistor to Stonebridge Road, with his young lad, where he is still revered.

One can only wonder what he would be worth in today's market?

If travelling by car I suggest you park in the cricket club car park in Hawthorn Road,there is no charge for this,and this is where the team coaches park.It also has the bonus of being right alongside the sports bar,also there is a turnstile entrance into the ground so handy all round.Directions,assuming you enter Bognor on the A29 [London Rd]after passing Tesco's[on right hand side]go straight across roundabout to the next roundabout,take the exit signposted Chichester, take the left turn after the pub Hawthorn road,continue through traffic lights,the fourth turning is Nyewood Lane[ground]but continue along Hawthorn,entrance is 400yards on left.There is street parking but gets congested with the bowls club and tennis club always active.Hope this helps.P.S.the sports bar opens about 1.00p.m.but I can also recommend the Wheatsheaf pub in Hawthorn road just past the traffic lights.