Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The all new Kentish Town thread for Rhodesey

Originally Posted By: The Doog is King

anyway - did the local paper run a headline with "DRAWN CUP TIE GOES INTO EXTRA TIME SHOCKER!!"

Doog is King - My point was that the Coach and players didn't know there was going to be extra time if the score was level at ninety minutes so clearly they weren't informed before the game, that's all I'm saying.

Some FA Vase games have not gone to extra time and some have before replays. The rules look like there should be but there are games that haven't. Last season especially.

Even so, Kentish Town were still only allowed 3 subs. Would have knowing have made that much difference. Maybe a few extra training sessions the week before. What would you have suggested Rhodes?

Originally Posted By: The Doog is King
Didn't the coach and/or players think of asking??

Possibly not in the heat of battle, it may not have occurred to anybody to ask as it was up to the Match Secretary to inform them, or at least the Coach.

i hate seeing results like the one against chalfont the club dont deserve that i love ktfc i was there for 5 seasons and i and was captain for 3 seasons and from my stupid mistake i cant be at my club i love and gave everything for and never let down honestly people down know how much i loved it at ktfc and i wouldnt care what league or step they was at i would still play for them ive been there from when we was in div 2 in a park and all the way up to the prem and would stay with them all the way back down to div 2 if that ever happened,it was the worse mistake i ever made but i would love to get back involved with the club and help them out in anyway i can even if its not playing i would love to help out off the field.

Tommy talk a deep breath that was a long first sentence :-)! Teams, people life in general if you put the work in, you deserve the rewards. Going by results at the moment you could say that KTFC are not putting in the work required for this level of football at the moment. If players have left it is now up the management team to get some new players in to stop this bad run.

If the coach has left, does that mean you will be back in the door Tommy? I'm sure a few matches will get you fit.

Originally Posted By: MIKO

a couple of people gleefully (it seems to me), dancing on the KTFC grave

MIKO - Just to reiterate that this is certainly not the case as far as I'm concerned however you have to ask the question why, after a fantastic Championship season last season, with an exciting and lucrative Community partnership with Arsenal firmly in place and with expectation sky high it has all fallen apart around the Club's ears despite a promising start and key players such as Tom 'Beckenbaur' McMullen are sadly leaving in their droves.

people got fed up of clem talking to them like sh*t! There is only so much frank,kevin and greg can do thats all there is at ktfc there's no board them 3 and now nellie run everything,frank is the manager and aswell he runs the cafe at copthall through the week and even on matchdays not for his profit but for the club to survive aswell as having his day job,frank pays for cabs for the players on matchdays to get to copthall if they dont have any transport to get there and it comes out of his own pocket now tell me a manager who receives nothing that would work in the club cafe and pay for cabs for players who cant get to copthall and there's a simple answer to that no one,that club deserves everything but have nothing ktfc are a friendly club and i can guarantee you that no other team in this league work harder at their club than ktfc to help it survive.

Originally Posted By: Tommy K
and greg

I Actually don't disagree with much of what you say but the Club don't go about it in the right way, they could get more hands on deck and financial backing if they really wanted to, Arsenal have bent over backwards for them for example. Anyway I heard on the grapevine that the Chairman has gone AWOL and nobody has heard from him for weeks.

• 5 weeks later...

Has anybody come across this Website before, it may come in useful, talking of which the Club's new Website is very impressive and the list of Committee members and Club officers makes interesting reading:

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/9389664

http://www.kentishtownfc.com/committee_members.pl

That is our new website Rhodes, I ampleasedthat you think it is impressive and hopefully when it is fully done it will be more impressive.

I am not sure what is interesting about the section that you pointed out, but will be complete soon I hope so it might become even more interesting.

well done nellie and it is indeed a labour of love sorting these things out.....never much help and so many hours work without pay or thanks....we at hx amongst many others elsewhere know what it takes....

bit confused to see tommy k there as an official tho' after tiger said he would never return to the club....does this mean that violence amongst your own is condoned at KT.....?

surely not ...??

thanks UU we are doing our best to get there and we will it will take time but we will, I am sure all at hx know what it takes but suppose its a really good feeling once you make it and then it makes it all worth while.

Tommy has returned to the club UU once the charges were dropped and the police decided not to prosecute.

I can say that violence against anyone at KTFC is condoned, but you that saying "There is two sides to every story" well all I can say is I was there and can assure you that was definately the case.

Good luck to for the future to all at HX UU smile

Originally Posted By: nellie

Tommy has returned to the club UU once the charges were dropped and the police decided not to prosecute.

This was certainly news to Clement as he was apparently never informed that the charges he brought had been dropped by Northamptonshire Police, I've never heard of a case before where the individual who made the charges was not informed of the outcome.