Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The all new Kentish Town thread for Rhodesey

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Well nobody else appeared to be lifting a finger at the Club to get funding, I had to do all the running around morning noon and night going cap in hand, door to door, like a Jehovas Witness, and what thanks did I get at the end of the day.

There you go fella, I've even taken the time to copy and paste your last post to get you started, have fun mate. Oh, and at the end of the day, I hope you have a happy Christmas grin

If you say "Jehovah" one more time" ............"RIGHT! Who did that? Come on, who did it?

thanks Samuel. Rhodesy, can you rise above all this banter and tell us all about the Emanual Vincent Harris Trust funding at Kentish Town.

What did you do? How did you do it? What were the risks and challenges that you encountered on the way? If you had your time at Kentish Town again, would you approach the people at the EVHT in the same way?

There could be great lessons here for other SSML clubs...

Originally Posted By: The Doog is King
Rhodesy, can you rise above all this banter and tell us all about the Emanual Vincent Harris Trust funding at Kentish Town.

What did you do? How did you do it? What were the risks and challenges that you encountered on the way? If you had your time at Kentish Town again, would you approach the people at the EVHT in the same way?

There could be great lessons here for other SSML clubs...

I did very little actually, it was the fundraiser I brought onboard at the Club, a well heeled lady called Veronica, who did the application and was successful in getting the 5k funding from the Emanual Vincent Harris Trust. The only problem was that Veronica was on a 15% commission on any funding she brought in for the Club and 15% of 5k is

Barney Rubble - I'm assuming that you rolled in at 03.41 this morning well oiled from a Christmas party. Don't get me wrong as I did enjoy a lot of my two year tenure at Kentish Town and it was a huge achievement to win the SSML Division 1 Championship last season, potentially the Club could be huge if it was able to find it's own stadium with financial help from Arsenal, Camden and Islington Council's however at the moment it is run like a Sunday morning Hackney Marshes or Wanstead Flats outfit which doesn't do them any favours. At the recent FA Vase game with Biggleswade Town for example the Coach and players didn't even know there would be extra time as they weren't told, therefore when the final whistle went at 2-2 they were out on their feet and totally un-prepared hence the 6-2 result, I've never heard of that happening before and Wader must have thought Christmas had come early.

That has to be incompetence of the highest order by the Match Secretary not to inform the Coach or the players that there would be an extra half an hours play if the score was level on 90 minutes, surely he knew.

That has to be incompetence of the highest order by the Match Secretary not to inform the Coach or the players that there would be an extra half an hours play if the score was level on 90 minutes, surely he knew.

Thats why the ref left the pitch at full time for 10mins so he could phone the FA 2fingers

You don't deny it then!

I'll ask you the same question then, did you know there would be extra time against Biggleswade Town before the game.

Lol, well there was extra time, if Kentish Town weren't informed beforehand and it was just sprung on them at the final whistle then presumably they were within their rights to refuse to carry on and insist on a replay at Biggleswade.

Rhodes you knob....if you know your stuff you would know that extra time is a rule in the FA Vase, the only one confused on the day was the referee..enough said or I will release some of your skeletons from the closet.This forum is meant to be for football banter and a light hearted look at the sport we all Love, but if you want to air your dirty laundry in public, I Will and reveal what a good Club Secretary you were not.

Perhaps the Moderators of this forum will warn you as to you attitude, before you comments get you in more trouble.

Two clubs and former members of this forum all can't be wrong.

Merry Christmas and A Happy New 2009 to All.