Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Windsor 2 - MK Dons 1

dansilk

Not a classic, but I thought Windsor looked pretty good. I assume that was close to our first-choice team opening, and they did look sharp. Bruce's first goal was a cracker and well-deserved, and I was impressed with Chenns muscling through for the second. Most of the players looked pretty good to me, both Parsons especially, and the two new faces I saw most of seemed to fit in well - Steve Dell defending and I presume that was Andy Shed playing up front after Wallo came off?

Incidentally the Dons side were almost all triallists or reservists, a couple likely to go straight into the first team but it can't have been easy for them: they might have been individually skilful but didn't know each other, and it wasn't even as though they had numbers to call out!

Still, we deserved the win and I liked how we played. Bodes well.

Good day out for all I'd say... Jake Parsons played great in my opinion, Chenns looked as good as any player on the MK team and Wilson looked as dominant in the midfield as ever. I hope he'll be a first team starter all season.

The Dons side looked good too, technically each player was gifted hence why they are in league football. But I have to agree with Dansilk, they didn't look like a side that had played together much.

The Dons fans were a good laugh, fair play to them for embracing the non-league game. I noticed a couple of the Dons fans with retro WEFC shirts. Good lads... I'd have them back a Stag Meadow any day, maybe in the Berks & Bucks Cup later this season!

Hi Guys,

Thanks for a great day out and making us feel very welcome. Strange as it may seem, many of us have experienced a fair bit of football at this level. I notice you play New Bradwell on Tuesday night? You should get a few Dons fans there if any of you are heading up.

As for the game, yes it was nearly all a team of triallists to start with and then a couple of first teamers or new signings coming on in the 2nd half.

Cracking first goal for you lot, complete mix up for the 2nd, and by the way, it wasn't a pen, we just shouted louder than the ref could handle ;-)

Good luck for the rest of the season.

My first post on here was at the game today thought the team played really well battled hard and played some good football at times ! Have to agree with hovis that Jake had a really good game.Thought Dell had a solid game to! even though it was a pre-season friendly to put in a performance against a pro team in only the second game bodes well for the season ahead if they continue the way they did today.

Great afternoon out guys

As previously said, we had a team of triallists apart from Johnson, Searle and King. Not many impressed me either.

Enjoyed the facilities and the banter with your fans, who were superb by the way. Friendly club, nice ground and a tidy team of players as well.

Good luck for the season, will be looking out for your results

Great first half, second half MK got slightly back into it. Top draw goal for the first and Malc got his yearly lino apperence out of the way! laugh "Tracksuit from Matalan!" indeed!

Good banter, good performance and nice to be back!

Agree with whats been said.The game was end to end with some good football being played by both sides.

Bruce goal was a cracker started by good build up play.

All players stood out for me,and well done managment team on the signing of dell.We have the best back line in the league for me.

Bring on wed and another good game.......

Given that it was only the 2nd pre season game I thought Windsor looked excellent. Of course it helped that most of the team had played together last year but there looked to be a real fluidity to Windsor's play.

It was great to see Bruce Wilson playing in his best position (imho) in the centre of midfield. Hopefully he'll be a regular feature in the middle of the park this season. Jake Parsons also looked good out on the right and formed a good partnership with the new right back who looked solid and used the ball really well when he had it.

All in all very encouraging for the new season.

Also fair play to the MK fans who came to the game they came across as a really good bunch who didn't take themselves too seriously, they just enjoyed the game and had a laugh.

Originally Posted By: Mrs_Cat
Also fair play to the MK fans who came to the game they came across as a really good bunch who didn't take themselves too seriously, they just enjoyed the game and had a laugh.

Unlike another club not too far away?!

Looking at their message boards it seems they enjoyed the visit. I'll admit beforehand i wasnt to keen on MK Dons as a club, still not truth be told, but the fans cant be blamed for that and they are a good lot.

Also...the Stag really is the pits now. From now on i'm either going to stay at home to watch football on the telly or just go down the clubhouse.

I too enjoyed the Dons fans' humour.

Let's pretend we scored a goal, followed by mental celebrations when the ball was in the middle of the park made me chuckle.

And their fans were obviously struggling to identify the players - when the ref had a chat with one of them after a couple of quick-fire fouls early on, one of them shouted, "If you book him ref, let us know his name will ya!"

Originally Posted By: Woody WEFC
Originally Posted By: Mrs_Cat

Unlike another club not too far away?!

You aint wrong there its like trying to engage in banter with grumpy old men bolt

Hi everyone. just want to say a big thank you to all at your great club, we had a great time there,fantastic banter with your fans, lovely little club house and a great time to be had by all. hope you have a brilliant season and hope we all meet up again soon, i will be looking out for your results!

one last thing a big smile to the gorgeous lady in the white in your clubhouse (you know who you are !)

Personally i thought it was a shame that MK didn't bring a full team. From chatting to a few fans they were promised or expecting a full(ish) first team, and form the way they suport their team they deserved it. My favourite song was sit down, or we'll steall your club and something about "franchise scum, who gives a f**k". They even bought few replica shirts, look out for those on the "Championship" on Sunday morning. Just be nice to get a few more fans down, maybe a mention in the local paper might help. Talk about rubbish local coverage, but I should be used to it by now really!!!