Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Friendlies 01/08/09

Results from the other two above:

Hares 2-1 Westfield - wasn't that bad an experience then?

Wokkers 2-2 Ash Utd - bet it was a bit wet

- I was nicely sheltered up the back of the N.Stand @ the MadStad wink - few too many Chelski kids around in that end though frown - good game apart from the last couple of mins and injury time.

... any other 'scores on the doors'? - what about :

Badshot Lea v Horndean

Bedfont Sports v Southall

Dorking v South Park (0-0 ?)

Dorking Wanderers v Camberley Town

... I'm sure there must have been more scheduled but it did get a bit moist?

well done TRS I think you can see even from this short video how good your youngsters were,shame for us as we didn't give a good account of ourselves the 1st half was a disgrace, 2nd half was better but with the season just one week away we have a few problems to sort out,training this week will be intense and not for the faint hearted.

KNAPHILL 3 CHERTSEY 1 SURELY NOT !

CCL PREMIER LEAGUE FAVOURITES BEATEN BY CCL DIV. 1 OUTFIT PLEASE, DID ANYONE WATCH THE GAME ? IF SO, HOW & WHY DID CHERTSEY LOSE ?

WELL DONE KNAPHILL BEATING ALL THE MEGA-MONEY SO CALLED FOOTBALLERS !

Dorking Wanderers v Cambo - called off on Wednesday. Managed to arrange another friendly against Mole Valley SCR.

Mole Valley SCR 1 Cambo 3 - Good run out for both sides. Joe Paris scored twice and Gavin Muir the other.

Best of luck to Mole Valley SCR who have lost the use of their ground. Hope they find a new home soon.

SAW LEATHERHEAD PLAY MOLESEY IN THE DAVE WILSON TROPHY FINAL YESTERDAY. IN A VERY GOOD COMPETATIVE, TIGHT GAME LEATHERHEAD LOOKED DANGEROUS IN ATTACK AND ON THE BREAK. MOLESEY LOOKED VERY SOLID AT THE BACK AND PLAYED SOME GOOD NEAT INTERCHANGE FOOTBALL AS DID LEATHERHEAD IT MUST BE SAID NEVERTHELESS, LEATHERHEAD'S DEFENCE LOOKED VERY SHAKY.

DUE TO MOLESEY FULL BACK ERROR, LEATHERHEAD SCORED AFTER ONLY 5 MINS THEN IN THE 10TH MINUTE THEY DOUBLED THE SCORE FROM A CORNER, BUT TO MOLESEY'S CREDIT THEY DID NOT LIE DOWN, INFACT IT SEEMED TO SPUR THEM ON AND GOT A GOAL BACK SOON AFTER TO MAKE IT 2-1 WHICH ENDED BEING THE HALF TIME SCORE.

SECOND HALF SAW MOLESEY TAKE THE INITIATIVE AND PILED ON THE PRESSURE CAUSING PROBLEMS FOR THE LEATHERHEAD DEFENCE. LEATHERHEAD FORWARD PLAY LED TO MANY CROSSES BUT NEVER REALLY TROUBLED THE MOLESEY 'KEEPER. AT THE OTHER END, FROM A MOLESEY CROSS, THEY EQUALISED WITH 20 MINS TO GO. 5 MINS LATER THE SAVE OF THE MATCH CAME FROM THE LEATHERHEAD 'KEEPER DIVING DOWN TO HIS LEFT TO KEEP HIS SIDE IN THE GAME. LEATHERHEAD HAD A GENUINE PENALTY APPEAL FOR HAND BALL BUT WAS TURNED AWAY BY THE REF. 2 MORE SHOTS BY MOLESEY TOWARDS THE END WHICH ONE WAS WELL SAVED AND THE OTHER WENT JUST WIDE WITH THE 'KEEPER WELL BEATEN. GAME ENDED 2-2 IN WHICH MOLESEY BECAME THE CHAMPIONS WINNING 5-4 ON PENS.

IT WAS AN ENTERTAINING GAME IN WET WEATHER CONDITIONS, AND TO BE HONEST, CREDIT MUST GO TO CCL MOLESEY NOT JUST BECAUSE THEY WON, BUT FROM A NEUTRAL SUPPORTER, YOU COULD NOT DETERMINE WHO WAS RYMAN LEAGUE CLUB.

WATCHING MOLESEY & LEATHERHEAD THIS WEEK, I THINK MOLESEY COULD WELL BE THE DARK HORSES IN THE CCL WHILST I BELIEVE, IF LEATHERHEAD TIGHTEN UP AT THE BACK, THEY WOULD BE MID-TABLE POSITION.

Taken from Knaphill's website:

Knaphill 3 Chertsey Town 1

Manager Bob Pritchard missed this pre-season friendly against Chertsey Town, but he would have been pleased with this result against the local Premier Division club, as was Knaphill

Originally Posted By: royals26
Results from the other two above:

Hares 2-1 Westfield - wasn't that bad an experience then?

Wokkers 2-2 Ash Utd - bet it was a bit wet

- I was nicely sheltered up the back of the N.Stand @ the MadStad wink - few too many Chelski kids around in that end though frown - good game apart from the last couple of mins and injury time.

... any other 'scores on the doors'? - what about :

Badshot Lea v Horndean
Bedfont Sports v Southall
Dorking v South Park (0-0 ?)
Dorking Wanderers v Camberley Town

... I'm sure there must have been more scheduled but it did get a bit moist?

DFC game cancelled, as previously advertised on another thread on this forum !!!!!

Originally Posted By: duncs
well done TRS I think you can see even from this short video how good your youngsters were,shame for us as we didn't give a good account of ourselves the 1st half was a disgrace, 2nd half was better but with the season just one week away we have a few problems to sort out,training this week will be intense and not for the faint hearted.

Better to get it all out of the way before the season starts Duncs. I think Cove will do more than alright this season, especially with the maestro in the middle wink

I was impressed with the young Dons and hopefully will catch them once or twice this season now they are at Walton Casuals. I think the keeper is very promising, only 16 years old. Played a couple of first team friendlies last summer when only age 15 and did really well.

Good luck for the season (except against Chicks!).

Isn't the keeper Jack Turner? He played for us a few times and is definitely one to watch in pro-football in future. Comes from a good football family too and at AFC is in the best possible hands.

Think the 9 was James Hennessey, an ex top scorer for our Reserves and looked promising for our First Team but perhaps wasn't quite ready 2 seasons ago, looks like he's pushing on nicely now under Marcus Gayle, I'd recommend to most CCL Premier sides.

Cobham 2-0 Epsom Eagles

Another good performance form Cobham. But for some good, if at times, erratic goal keeping and some wasteful finishing the score could quite easily have been 6 or 7.