Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Matches: B/H Mon 31st August

royals26

QUERY re KO times-

I see from the latest CCL Bulletin (No. 4) (and VP's post on the NL Forum) a couple of matches NOT having the 'traditional' early 11:30 KO's :-

Premier

CWU v Croydon [15:00]

Div One

Frimley Green v Hartley Wintney (KO TBC)

South Park v Coulsdon United (KO TBC)

... anyone know when the two Div One matches MIGHT be confirmed?

Like a lot of 'Anoraks' on this particular day of the year, I get a bit twitchy over the prospect of possible 'Doubles'.

There don't seem to be as many B/H games as usual elsewhere because (untypically) the FA Cup falls on this w/e. i.e. Frimley G. would be a good 'starter' for me - otherwise I'll probably opt for the morning KOs @ Chobham or Worcs Pk then trust my luck on the M25 to get to a game somewhere else @ 15:00h.

... and of course most of the days' programme could be impacted by possible CUP replays - indeed it could be suggested, that the only games which will definitely be ON on Monday are:

Egham Town v Fizzers

NGU v Wembley

... and all of the Div One games except MVSCR vs their landlords.

TA

Think yourselves fortunate, 3 or 4 years back on August Bank Holiday I went to a Horsham YMCA home game in the Sussex County League which kicked off at 11am!

Being a bit of an anorak too, i'm all for 11.30 KO's in the CCL and then onto elsewhere to catch a 3pm game!

Royals - last year the South Park v Dorking game on a bank holiday kicked off at 2pm, so I couldn't make it. Wonder if that may be the KO time this year?

Hadn't cottoned on to the possible FA Cup replay issue, although if worst comes to the worst I can go to Egham which I haven't managed to get to as yet....

The matches at both Frimley Green and South Park are both now confirmed for 11.30 am kick-offs.

There are always differing views as to the best time to start Bank Holiday matches and 11.30 a.m. has been the default time for several years in the CCL. Some like it, some don't, but clubs can vary the kick off time if they agree between them to do so.

I wouldn't question the Whitelaw...

I also think it gives people involved with clubs the opportunity to spend time with their families in the afternoon and or even the potential to orgainise bar-b-q's etc in the afternoon to gain much needed revenue...

Knaphill Football Club will be hosting a B.B.Q this coming Bank Holiday Monday, when we welcome local rivals Westfield to Redding Way, kick off 11.30am in the Combined Counties League Divison One encounter.

The B.B.Q will start at 12pm and will continue throughout the afternoon. All players, families and supporters will be made very welcome.

Thanks for all the INFO chaps - would still favour Frimley G as a starter at 11:30 but if that's not to be, may be able to get there for a 15:00h - is sort of on the way home.

The Wessex Leagues also tend to have some early KOs on BHs (often 11:00) but I think the presence of FA Cup ties the same w/e has somewhat put the kibosh on that, as they say.

This year the Wessex clubs seem to be opting to move some games off of the Monday - or even KO at 19:45 as if it were a normal MW match. There are still a couple of 12:00h and a 13:00h - the latter of course makes it nigh on impossible to get to another game for 15:00h.

Quite often the difficulty on a BH Monday is actually finding any 15:00h games in range - unless of course you are willing to 'revisit'.

Originally Posted By: The KnapMeister
Knaphill Football Club will be hosting a B.B.Q this coming Bank Holiday Monday, when we welcome local rivals Westfield to Redding Way, kick off 11.30am in the Combined Counties League Divison One encounter.

The B.B.Q will start at 12pm and will continue throughout the afternoon. All players, families and supporters will be made very welcome.

That's one League Official that'll be vying for the fixture, then !

bolt

Originally Posted By: bomaya
I need to be at Fleet for 3pm so would like to fit in a game before that. Maybe Horley or Chipstead close to home OR I could go to one in that vague direction. So I'm thinking maybe Camberley v Ash as I've never been there.

... as above these might be subject to results on Sat in the Cup - the only certainties in that vague area are @ Sheerwater or Farnham - if you don't mind slumming it down at STEP06 whistle

... or you could even head a bit further south west of Fleet and check Alton vs Moneyfields in the Wessex Premier [12:00h KO]- should be not much more than 1/2 hr dash back to Calthorpe Pk - I believe this might be Alton's last season at the old 'Bass' ground - if that sort of sentimental thing appeals? wink

However even that game is subject to neither club needing a replay after their Cup games on Sat.

Originally Posted By: whitelaw
The matches at both Frimley Green and South Park are both now confirmed for 11.30 am kick-offs.

Whitelaw, I'm happy to say I stand corrected, we are kicking off @ 11.30am on Monday. Looking forward to seeing, and putting out a side against, one of my oldest and bestest mates - Dave 'Titch' Robertson.....the old silver fox himself!! drinkies