Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

for fecks sake...........

Originally Posted By: The Doog is King
Originally Posted By: Bemused
I had a ticket for Wolves v Notts Forest in the 1980 League Cup Final, but sold it, on the night before the game!

I was too young for the City one Bemused - but got there (and to both semis v Swindon) in 80 - and wont forget Andy Grays goal anytime soon.... wink

the qtr final v Grimsby was the game to be at!!!

anyway, i digress........Rhodes, are you a tall man?

Originally Posted By: Bemused
Originally Posted By: The Doog is King
Greater than Johnny Richards's wonder strike against Man City in the 1974 League Cup Final Rhodes?

I think not.........

i was at that one!!!

although not as lucky as Rhodes, who seems to have attended every match ever played, i have also been fortunate enough to attend...

Spurs v Anderlecht UEFA Cup Final 1984 and Arsenal v Man Utd FA Cup Final 2005
I had a ticket for Wolves v Notts Forest in the 1980 League Cup Final, but sold it, on the night before the game!

Should I list all the Cup Finals I've been to? grin

I've also seen Wolves win at Wembley, the Sherpa Vans Trophy in 1988!

Keeps - Well seeing how we have met on a number of occasions, and as recently as 3 July, you should know that I am 6ft 3".

So what was the first game you were taken to out of interest or doesn't your memory stretch back that far, I assume it was at White Hart Lane.

Originally Posted By: Football Man

Should I list all the Cup Finals I've been to? grin

Sod off you!!.....think of all those poor Glasgow Rangers fans evil2

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Keeps - Well seeing how we have met on a number of occasions, and as recently as 3 July, you should know that I am 6ft 3".
So what was the first game you were taken to out of interest or doesn't your memory stretch back that far, I assume it was at White Hart Lane.

You assumed wrong doh

....... and don't ask him what happened to his Wolves scarf evil

Originally Posted By: Cor...voiseur
....... and don't ask him what happened to his Wolves scarf evil

Strangely enough I could detect a Black Country accent but thought nothing of it

Quote:

Fozzie I realise that the rumour mill may have worked a little on the figures but I also know there's no smoke without fire!

The league payment info was given to me by a referee in our league and the players wages was being put about by a few other managers.

Neither of which really bothers me but like I said the entry fee is my bug bare.

I take your point about other clubs at level 7 charging and about the facilities and overheads but remember it was not really any of the current Beds League clubs who agreed to or wanted to be at level 7. The league committee sold it to the existing club members by saying it would be the same as we are before but enable us to improve standards.

I am happy that standards are and always should be improved but it should be available on an equal playing field to everyone else and never be to the continuous cost of players and families without whom there would be no level 7!

Dont get me wrong I welcome the challenge of playing against the better teams and that comes with entering a higher county cup at leve 7. We have had some good results in doing so but these are one off cup games that are an entertaining distraction from our league schedule. No team from our league ever expects to win the county cup so we are talking two games per season if we're lucky, where our few, but loyal, supporters mainly family have to pay for the privelege to watch in a more comfortable environment. Then its back to the league to see who will has cause an upset and taken points of who this week.

But now the charging has crept into our league whats to stop other clubs following suit?

We give away programmes at our home games to the our players and the opposition along with any spectators that want one, mainly as a way to get sponsorship but should we charge for these just because we can and justify by saying we have overheads?

I would be against it as it is not in keeping with the level we play at which is local county football.

Obviously you won't be earning thousands from gate reciepts but to non profit making clubs like the rest of us

Loosley - That's why I took the liberty of copying the post above for ease of reference. The individual appears to be totally genuine particularly where he states that he 'realises

it isn't yours or the players fault that you are starting in the Bedfordshire League' however he adds that 'it is also not the regular Clubs fault either' and I make him spot on. You will naturally feel that with your 'Wannabe Big Time Charlie' attitude you can just ride roughshod over the other Club's in the Division but that's not right and you need to acknowledge their feelings.

More than happy to discuss their feelings with them when I meet them Rhodes. Copying questions from other forums is a bit lazy though isn't it?

I notice that you have started to be insulting again which is a shame, coming just when I was considering re-opening amicable discussions with you.

Now, if you would like to discuss anything in future can I suggest that you treat people how you would like to be treated?

TheDoogisKing - I don't recall you ever admitting to being a Wolves fan on here despite your 'name', so were you also at the 1971/1972 all British UEFA Cup Final First Leg at Molineux or the Second Leg at White Hart Lane.

It is no secret Rhodes! I was in nappies so missed the UEFA Cup Final - I was, however, at the Hillsborough FA Cup Semi Final in 1981 when King Kenny Hibbitt was crudely hacked down in injury time to earn us a well earned replay.....

So I must be a lot older than you then. I take it you were at Highbury for the Replay when I felt Crooks and Archibald were the difference on the night, my dad managed to obtain a couple of North Bank tickets.

Keeps - You know full well that I was

Originally Posted By: Horace
On the advice of my solicitor, i can't divulge the rumour concerning a very tall official of Haringey Borough and the fire!

As you have admitted to being a tall official of Haringey Borough Rhodes, can you think of anyone else that might fit this description?
If not, what is the rumour?

What is this nonsense, why can't you comment on tonights results such as Aston Clinton's excellent 5-0 win at Wodson Park or New Bradwell St Peter's surprise 1-0 home defeat to AFC Dunstable.

What is this nonsense, why can't you comment on tonights results

This is not the results thread, stop changing the subject.