Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

for fecks sake...........

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Loosely - Thanks for that very informative reply, I can't find any fault with it at all and wouldn't wish to although it is actually the norm at Step 5, 6 and 7 level for just one or two individuals to carry out all the tasks you so comprehensively describe, as was the case when I was at Haringey Borough and Kentish Town. It will be interesting to see whether other members, particularly if they are on their own Club's Committee and chief cook and bottle washer themselves, agree.

Loose is correct on this one Cliff. To run The Carslebrg on a match day requires dedicated staff and I understand they thoughtfully add ball boys to that as well. The more facilities you have, the more you have to attend to and respect them.

I am glad they are taking it all seriously - and to get the best out of a nice facility it needs to be run professionally. Too many times you enter a ground and can see that it's a Tesco Value operation. Nothing to do with money this one, just proper staffing.

I think that providing the individuals are volunteering, and not costing the club money, it is better to have 10, 20 or even 30 helping out. When I was Sec of a Ryman Club Reserve team I had to do everything myself. Book pitches, arrange games, book Ref's, book transport, act as Physio most weeks, compose, print and sell the programmes, wash the kit, attend FA hearings and meetings. I would have loved to have had others to help me.

To be fair our Club Secretary does all of those things and its almost an unfair burden, these things have to be done in real time. Some people have a problem with us because we attempt to share a lot of these tasks "virtually", via an internet group who do take on some of the tasks such as programme design, editing and now printing and the programmes are sent as components that just need stapling etc. Apart from the secretary who does now live locally the next nearest owner lives in Essex and then myself in Norfolk so we can't draw on a larger local "committee". Despite this we have still managed to put a matchday "workforce" together.

We give our ballboys the price of a burger, drink and a bit extra -

Originally Posted By: The Doog is King

agreed - though too many cooks can spoil the stew - as they say.

the more people you have the more internal politics has a tendency to become an issue....

Some very interesting views, although I hear what Loosely is saying I tend to agree with TheDoogisKing's post above, my philosophy is if you want something doing do it yourself rather than rely on someone else who's heart might not be in it.

Originally Posted By: loosely

our next game is against Ickwell and Old Warden, their Club Chairman has been involved for 51 years.

Loosely - Congratulations on your 5-0 win this evening against the might of Ickwell and Old Warden, you must be as proud as a peacock.

our next game is against Ickwell and Old Warden, their Club Chairman has been involved for 51 years.

Loosely - Congratulations on your 5-0 win this evening against the might of Ickwell and Old Warden, you must be as proud as a peacock.

You know Rhodes, this is what makes you an idiot. You have to insult the teams we play against. It's too bad I'm not back in the UK, cause I will hunt you down.

Hardly worth commenting as its both off topic and nothing to do with the SSML forum Rhodes, but in view of the tone of your comments I'll set you straight. Ickwell are a fine team with a strong heritage, sadly one of their players was badly injured from a slip, not a foul and we had to call an ambulance after he was stretchered off the pitch, my thoughts are with him and his team mates.

No, not proud. Pleased but I didn't have anything to do with the performance our lads put in, thats down to them and the coaches and they have a right to be proud tonight however its on to the next game and the next after that.