Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

for fecks sake...........

another locked thread!!!!!!!!!!

Rhodes you are a genius with your accusations......

did you ever tell forum members about what REALLY happened that fateful night of the fire at Haringey Borough?

Sorry for the intrusion but I just felt I had to post this link to defend our club.

http://www.nlpl.co.uk/forum/gforum.cgi?forum=21;

The post above Mr Rhodes post was made by myself & states the inaccuracy of the supposed accusations of payments to the league.

So for him to come on & try to fan the flames & incite more poison is despicable. As Horace posted on the locked thread, in person you are a nice man, but believe me I would stay out of my way in future Clifford. I considered you a mate, but where I come from you don't turn on mates in such a poisonous manner.

P.S Keeps, NF, Horace, Willo & Mr Smiles. I know you told me so, don't I feel foolish now !

Originally Posted By: syd_lexic
Sorry for the intrusion but I just felt I had to post this link to defend our club.
http://www.nlpl.co.uk/forum/gforum.cgi?forum=21;

The post above Mr Rhodes post was made by myself & states the inaccuracy of the supposed accusations of payments to the league.
So for him to come on & try to fan the flames & incite more poison is despicable. As Horace posted on the locked thread, in person you are a nice man, but believe me I would stay out of my way in future Clifford. I considered you a mate, but where I come from you don't turn on mates in such a poisonous manner.

P.S Keeps, NF, Horace, Willo & Mr Smiles. I know you told me so, don't I feel foolish now !

Thats an admirable admission Syd...maybe Uncs will appear on here and admit that he was taken in by the fool too..if he were to be honest! Dont hold your breath though.

Originally Posted By: Sprocket 1
.maybe Uncs will appear on here and admit that he was taken in by the fool too..if he were to be honest! Dont hold your breath though.

hahaha - fat chance......

"cliffs alright as it goes and funny as fck if you listen to him instead of assuming he's what forum numpties think he is..."

More Great Wisdom From UU - the Online Hardman - 16th May 2009

"forum numpties" lol.....

Originally Posted By: Bemused

did you ever tell forum members about what REALLY happened that fateful night of the fire at Haringey Borough?

Cat got your tongue, Rhodes?

Quote:

08-04-06
Arson attack brings Boro to its knees

Senseless act: club assistant secretary, Cliff Rhodes surveys the thousands of pounds' worth of damage caused at Haringey Borough Football Club, by unknown attackers, last week.

Vandals broke into Haringey Borough Football Club and set it alight using petrol last week, causing thousands of pounds' worth of damage. The fire destroyed the entire contents of the club's storage room ground maintenance equipment and goods for the club's weekly fundraising market yards from the adjoining office, which holds the club's trophies and historical memorabilia. Fire fighters from Tottenham fire station attended the scene at the Coles Park Stadium in White Hart Lane, Tottenham, in the early hours of Thursday morning last week. Despite extensive smoke damage, none of the memorabilia was damaged nor was the grandstand, which meant last Saturday's home game to Royston Town was still able to go ahead, with Boro winning 3-1. Club assistant secretary, Cliff Rhodes, said: "The breaking and entering and the setting alight of anybody's property, let alone a key community location, must not be tolerated in any shape or form, and the culprits, who appear hell-bent on bringing the borough's community football club to its knees, must be caught and punished."

Club chairman Aki Achillea is convinced that the fire was started deliberately, after discovering that petrol had been spread in three separate areas of the storage room. He said: "We understand from the fire brigade that there were three different seats to the fire and this confirms that a deliberate effort was made to destroy the building. "All of our equipment was destroyed and I am at a loss as to how it will now be replaced. We still have home fixtures to fulfil and the coming weeks will be very difficult for us.

"The mindless individuals who started the fire have no idea of the distress they have caused and we can only hope that they are brought to account for their actions." A spokesman for Haringey police said an investigation had been launched and that increased patrols in the area, using the Safer Neighbourhood Team, would be considered.

Keeps - This should answer your question from a press release which still appears on a Website, let me know if you want the actual link.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Quote:

08-04-06
Arson attack brings Boro to its knees

Senseless act: club assistant secretary, Cliff Rhodes surveys the thousands of pounds' worth of damage caused at Haringey Borough Football Club, by unknown attackers, last week.

Vandals broke into Haringey Borough Football Club and set it alight using petrol last week, causing thousands of pounds' worth of damage. The fire destroyed the entire contents of the club's storage room ground maintenance equipment and goods for the club's weekly fundraising market yards from the adjoining office, which holds the club's trophies and historical memorabilia. Fire fighters from Tottenham fire station attended the scene at the Coles Park Stadium in White Hart Lane, Tottenham, in the early hours of Thursday morning last week. Despite extensive smoke damage, none of the memorabilia was damaged nor was the grandstand, which meant last Saturday's home game to Royston Town was still able to go ahead, with Boro winning 3-1. Club assistant secretary, Cliff Rhodes, said: "The breaking and entering and the setting alight of anybody's property, let alone a key community location, must not be tolerated in any shape or form, and the culprits, who appear hell-bent on bringing the borough's community football club to its knees, must be caught and punished."

Club chairman Aki Achillea is convinced that the fire was started deliberately, after discovering that petrol had been spread in three separate areas of the storage room. He said: "We understand from the fire brigade that there were three different seats to the fire and this confirms that a deliberate effort was made to destroy the building. "All of our equipment was destroyed and I am at a loss as to how it will now be replaced. We still have home fixtures to fulfil and the coming weeks will be very difficult for us.

"The mindless individuals who started the fire have no idea of the distress they have caused and we can only hope that they are brought to account for their actions." A spokesman for Haringey police said an investigation had been launched and that increased patrols in the area, using the Safer Neighbourhood Team, would be considered.

Keeps - This should answer your question from a press release which still appears on a Website, let me know if you want the actual link.

Very impressive Rhodes.....but it doesnt tell the WHOLE story, does it?

Keeps - Lol, nice try my friend but I'm afraid that it does.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Keeps - Lol, nice try my friend but I'm afraid that it does.

you are very quick off the mark today.....hope thats not a work computer you are using.

i noticed on the report your title.....Asst Secretary.
Was that an honour bestowed on you by HBFC when you 'won' the lottery?
And i still think there are bits missing from the report, if you know what i mean! evil

Keeps - You are really clutching at straws today, keep trying. At Haringey Borough I was Assistant to the great John Bacon where I cut my teeth in football administration and learnt 'my trade'.

With bated breath we await the next installment from Bemused.

Loosely - It's interesting that you're getting involved, there's absolutely no need to and I bet this thread will be closed by the end of today. You still haven't answered those four exam questions I set you yesterday.

With your involvement thats a given Mr Rhodes.

I'm enjoying the narrative though.

Originally Posted By: loosely

All i wanted to know from the esteemed 'lottery winning', 'Asst Secretary' were the facts!

Originally Posted By: Bemused
Originally Posted By: loosely

All i wanted to know from the esteemed 'lottery winning', 'Asst Secretary' were the facts!

Oh, then I'll stop holding my breath. Mr Rhodes missed school the day the differences between fact and fiction were explained.

haha a thread where rhodes is squirming!!!! brilliant. run off to ian w to get the thread locked. there's a good boy hahaha.