Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results Saturday 31st November

Nice to see the footage of our game TRS.

A draw was a fair result with us having the better of the first half and HW the better of the second. Some of the decisions were shocking for both teams. Our first pen was actually outside the area and the defender wasn't even booked despite being the last man as the ref said the attacker was going away from goal!!

HW "goal" from the overhead kick was a quality finish and was never offside but they were just 2 of a number of very strange decisions. I think the 2 linos combined age was about 150 years, surely the league has to realise that these guys are being asked to do a job that, due to their advanced years, they are no longer up to?!

Those 2 words are still ringing in my ears now Jurg! :megashout:

Good game, one or two interesting decisions (or non-decisions) by the ref. Surprised he didn't even book the defender, as I was expecting a red to be honest. Bet the guy who 'scored' the overhead kick is gutted too, lucky for you lot though as I don't think you'd have come back from that.

Fair play to the elderly linos for still being prepared to turn out in all weathers. As Krooner says, there's no-one to replace them and that is a real worry because I think it'll just get worse.

A draw was a fair result with us having the better of the first half and HW the better of the second. Some of the decisions were shocking for both teams. Our first pen was actually outside the area and the defender wasn't even booked despite being the last man as the ref said the attacker was going away from goal!!

HW "goal" from the overhead kick was a quality finish and was never offside but they were just 2 of a number of very strange decisions. I think the 2 linos combined age was about 150 years, surely the league has to realise that these guys are being asked to do a job that, due to their advanced years, they are no longer up to?!

Those 2 words are still ringing in my ears now Jurg! :megashout:

Good game, one or two interesting decisions (or non-decisions) by the ref. Surprised he didn't even book the defender, as I was expecting a red to be honest. Bet the guy who 'scored' the overhead kick is gutted too, lucky for you lot though as I don't think you'd have come back from that.

Fair play to the elderly linos for still being prepared to turn out in all weathers. As Krooner says, there's no-one to replace them and that is a real worry because I think it'll just get worse.

First time i have been able to get to a computer - Good video - If id have know you were gonna be there TRS id have done my hair!.

Agree with Jurg that a draw was probably a fair result with one or two terrible decisions coming from the Linos our man should have gone but it was outside the box and giving off side for our third "goal" he was about 10 yeards onside from where i was.

Our defending at times was terrible and we could have been 2 or 3 down if not for our keeper ,much better second half although not a great display either.

On the other hand thought the ref was the first decent one we have had all season.

Need to pick up the form saturday!

Dorking FC 1 - 1 Colliers Wood United.

Dorking fought out an entertaining draw on Saturday against Colliers Wood United, a goal from leading scorer Joe Loyza in the 83 minute giving Chicks a well deserved point from the match.

The contest was however marred by serious ankle injury to Lee Matthew, Dorking’s new signing from Corinthian Casual, Matthews left badly injured after a hard tackle in the 33rd minute which saw the Dorking midfielder taken to hospital after a lengthy delay in the match to treat Matthews, Colliers Wood’s physio Alan Truman also lending some valuable assistance for which Dorking FC would like to pay its gratitude.

Tony Webb had worked hard through the week to bring in fresh faces to the squad in a bid to shake the squad up and to replace some of the players who have left in recent weeks. Joshua Elusade and Andy Davidson made their full debut’s for the club, while Warren Goodyear and Jamie Pendrill were named on the Dorking bench.

Dorking had lost in midweek at Colliers Wood in the league cup after losing their way in the second half after an even first half, so Webb will be pleased that his side were able to add to their points tally ahead of the home game on Tuesday night versus Molesey, then two tough looking away games at Egham on Saturday and Cambeley Town the following week.

During the opening exchanges, both sides started with attacking intent, Dorking and Colliers Wood making two fast attacks on goal to test the opposition defence. However, it was Wood who then got on top, pushing forward at all opportunities, with break aways from Dorking breaking up the Wood control, . Dan Clayton twice managing to break through the Wood defence to have shots on goal.

Dorking withstood the Wood spell of pressure, and after two Dorking corners in quick succession, both of which cleared by C/W, Dorking began to see a lot more of the ball, without really creating clear cut chances, and indeed Wood almost broke the deadlock against the run of play on the half hour when Wood got into the Dorking box, Dan Coote making a good scrambled clearance.

Then just before half time came the injury to Matthews which saw the game held up for a period.

The second half seemed to show a similar pattern to the first, with both sides attacking, and it was Wood who made the breakthough when Wood made two quick one touch passes right through the Dorking defence, Dan Coote being left stranded allowing C/W's No 10 Cornell McKoy to slot home, giving the visitors the lead. The pace of the game then sped up, and on 83 minutes, Dorking hit back.

Jesse Davies played an absolutely beautiful through ball to Joe Loyza who hammered home past the Wood keeper who didn't have a chance to save, levelling the score.

To their credit both sides then went all out for a win, the pace of the game increasing even more with both sides searching for the winner, but perhaps deservedly, both sides were unable to snatch a late winner leaving the sides sharing the spoils, which most observers seemed to agree was a fair result.

TEAM:- Dan Coote: Jesse Davies: Joshula Elusade: Scott Murphy: Roy Newman: Andy Davidson: Taylor Mollatt: Lee Matthews: Joe Loyza: Danny Clayton: Luke Jones.

SUBS:- Warren Goodyear: Andy Briant: Jamie Buckley: Jamie Pendrill: Dean Guy.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm read the report BJR :waytogo:

My sincere thanks to El Teflono for spotting my deliberate mistake, (now corrected).

In the words of the late, great Captain Mainwairing of Dads Army....

"Very Good Teflon. I was wondering who'd spot that first !"

Don't think Dean Cupit is a brand new face, he played against us a couple of weeks back.

Still, coming back from behind twice to draw 1 - 1 is awsome!

:bigshock: :gotcha: :409: :492:

Those 2 words are still ringing in my ears now Jurg! megashout.gif

First time i have been able to get to a computer - Good video - If id have know you were gonna be there TRS id have done my hair!.

Agree with Jurg that a draw was probably a fair result with one or two terrible decisions coming from the Linos our man should have gone but it was outside the box and giving off side for our third "goal" he was about 10 yeards onside from where i was.

Our defending at times was terrible and we could have been 2 or 3 down if not for our keeper ,much better second half although not a great display either.

On the other hand thought the ref was the first decent one we have had all season.

Need to pick up the form saturday!

Brunty suprised at your comment 'best Ref so Far' at least 3 glaring errors by the Ref,as I've said before and will say again,until The Refs state they are unhappy with Linos who cant keep up with play,and then do not overule there decisions when they get it wrong,nothing will change.This video has been very informative,I cant take my eyes of the Linesman.

Jurg i was being generous,2 players should of been sent off,the keeper for handball outside his area,the player as last man taking out attacker,the equalising penalty for 2 reasons,firstly from the throw in player standing six inches away from line,should of been free kick to defending side,and as always happens he fell over in box comes to mind,to make the decision worse.Brunty ,Jurg were there no bookings in this game.

Gave nothing for the handball and didn't even talk to the last man...he actually said it wasn't a booking as the attacker was heading away from goal.....WTF...although the foul was outside the box!!! Not quite sure where he thinks the goal is situated on a pitch. Also thought our attacker was pulled back in the box in another attack before putting wide...again the last man.

Why a free kick to the defending side as he would have been impedeing our thrower? Our player did get caught but the ball had bounced up and hit his hand first. The overhead goal was never offside either.

I think there was a couple of bookings but were for nothing in comparison.

As Kroon will say, yes we all make mistakes, but these were all BIG decisions and none were correct!!

Jurg i was being generous,2 players should of been sent off,the keeper for handball outside his area,the player as last man taking out attacker,the equalising penalty for 2 reasons,firstly from the throw in player standing six inches away from line,should of been free kick to defending side,and as always happens he fell over in box comes to mind,to make the decision worse.Brunty ,Jurg were there no bookings in this game.

Smudge - what does that tell you about the standard so far this year. The lino on the far side gave two poor decisions for the pen and offside. The ref got most things right and was consistant most of the game. Our keeper never hand balled outside the area it blatently hit his chest but our center half should have walked. Get a roller on that pitch too jurg.

I felt sorry for the lino on the far side but what can you do

I don't think the keeper hand balled outside the area looking at it again (although I thought he did at the time!). Thought the ref had a bit of an off day, as the Hartley defender clearly pulled back the Cobham forward as he was entering the penalty box. Should have been at least a free-kick if outside the area and I assume a red as last man. That in addition to the actual 'LAST MAN!!' incident, which could've been another red but surely must at least be a yellow? Still, gives us something to talk about!