Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Boxing Day games

VPCTFC

Judging by what the hoppers have said on the another / NonLeagueMatters forum there appears to be some confusion around kick off times this Boxing Day with a lot of clubs in our league and others such as the Sussex League assuming the games are bank holiday kick off times.

I've had confirmation from Alan C that the CCL games are 3pm (or 2pm for unfloodlit gorunds) unless mutually agreed otherwise. December 26th isn't a bank holiday this year as it's on a Saturday.

In today's bulletin only three games are listed as being at 11.30. Badshot v Cove, Hanworth v Bedfont and Sandhurst v Camberley. All the rest are listed as standard Saturday times.

So, if you want to change your time, make sure your secretary gets it officially confrimed in the next couple of days. It could be embarrassing for the league if some teams turn up at the wrong time or if the officials don't turn up as they haven't been told it's an earlier kick off.

It's possible the league have emailed the secretaries regarding this but I just thought I'd pass it on as it's just been announced on the other forum that Chobham have a list in their clubhouse saying 11.30 but the league bulletin still says 2pm. There may be others in the same position!

I was assuming all games would be 11.30am starts and i'd bargained on that with Wimbledon being a 3pm kick-off. I would most likely have been at Bookham v Dorking, but I guess that will be 3pm then? Of course the trouble with 11.30 games at this time of the year is that a bit of frost overnight and there's no time for it to clear. I know it's a week before Christmas but the London daytime maximum on Friday is supposed to be 2C - Maybe we'll get a white christmas! :christmastree2: :coolsnow:

Judging by what the hoppers have said on the another / NonLeagueMatters forum there appears to be some confusion around kick off times this Boxing Day with a lot of clubs in our league and others such as the Sussex League assuming the games are bank holiday kick off times.

I've had confirmation from Alan C that the CCL games are 3pm (or 2pm for unfloodlit gorunds) unless mutually agreed otherwise. December 26th isn't a bank holiday this year as it's on a Saturday.

In today's bulletin only three games are listed as being at 11.30. Badshot v Cove, Hanworth v Bedfont and Sandhurst v Camberley. All the rest are listed as standard Saturday times.

So, if you want to change your time, make sure your secretary gets it officially confrimed in the next couple of days. It could be embarrassing for the league if some teams turn up at the wrong time or if the officials don't turn up as they haven't been told it's an earlier kick off.

It's possible the league have emailed the secretaries regarding this but I just thought I'd pass it on as it's just been announced on the other forum that Chobham have a list in their clubhouse saying 11.30 but the league bulletin still says 2pm. There may be others in the same position!

Chobham v Sheerwater Kicks Off at 2pm on Boxing Day. This was confirmed yesterday by manager Martin Ansell and this is what I have put on the website.

It has been traditional for me in recent years to attend the Sutton v Carshalton Boxing Day game (3pm) having watched the 11.30am CCL fixture previously.

If Molesey v Colliers Wood United is 3pm as well then I have a dilemma! :511:

I was assuming all games would be 11.30am starts and i'd bargained on that with Wimbledon being a 3pm kick-off. I would most likely have been at Bookham v Dorking, but I guess that will be 3pm then? Of course the trouble with 11.30 games at this time of the year is that a bit of frost overnight and there's no time for it to clear. I know it's a week before Christmas but the London daytime maximum on Friday is supposed to be 2C - Maybe we'll get a white christmas! :christmastree2: :coolsnow:

STRICTLTY UNOFFICIALLY, AT THIS STAGE...................

There is a rumour circulating that both 'home' teams are looking to move the 'Christmas' game to the Bank Holiday Monday.

Watch this space ?

There is a rumour circulating that both 'home' teams are looking to move the 'Christmas' game to the Bank Holiday Monday.

Watch this space ?

Is it being moved for Sky or ESPN live coverage?

You in one NLN or pushing. Always plenty of drunk people at the finish line !

I love a boxing day game,it gets you away from all those noisey toys the family have bought your kids.aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhh.give me abuse from the opo's fans any day!!!

Watch this space ?

Is it being moved for Sky or ESPN live coverage?

Keep watching this space.

'Albi', the Dorking albino squirrel may have joined that great big drey up in the sky thanks to a mad-@rsed Royal Mail post-van driver, but 'Secret-Squirrel' is still alive and well, and living at ..........

:waytogo:

You in one NLN or pushing. Always plenty of drunk people at the finish line !

kroons . Can you really see people managing to push me around in a pram!

I'll be observing from beer gardens

Would that be adjacent to the burger-stall, perchance ???? :whistle2: :cheeburga:

Watch this space ?

I'm now told that this game WILL be on Boxing Day, 26th. December. K/O 3:00p.m.