Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Wednesday Results

Sandhurst Res 2-4 Hartley Res Suburban Northern

Good result for our reservers tonight.

Ta JJ for your post.

Obviously Mole Valley were saving their players tonight for the big league game on Sat.

I watched the Sandhurst res v Hartley res game last night.

Strange decision by the ref for the Hartley 3rd goal. It appeared that he gave a penalty for hand ball on the line against the Sandhurst centre half. Those watching assumed a red card would be produced, but then the ref surprised us all by not even giving the player a yellow card.

Brunty - what were your thoughts on this incident? I believe you were fairly close to the incident? Good penalty by the way.

Brave decision to come and watch last night Daniel.

I thought it was a penalty might not have been deliberate but it did hit his arm i didnt hit the ball as cleanly as i wanted to but as he slid across it did hit his arm and would have gone in if it hadnt. If the rules are right then he should have gone as handball on the line, if i had missed the penalty they would have got away with it. Thankfully i didnt. didnt want to be placing those in those conditions!

Thought the ref was very soft with the fouls he was giving both ways, could have scored alot more than we did but then again i think they could have had a few more but good win as they are doing quite well in the Sub league.

It was a decision I regretted as it was a bitterly cold night!

I couldn't see if it was a penalty or not, but the lack of protest suggested it probably was. I was surprised that the ref then failed to produce a card.

It was a good result. It was interesting to see 3 former Eversley players playing as well.

T.R.S.seeing that B.J.R. was probably propping up the Bar,would I be right in assuming that the pitch interloper at half time, was none other than our Revered Leader.

OY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smashfreakb: :smashfreakb:

Yes folks ! I confess - T'was me having a chat with the man in black.

Don't believe all you read about me and our beloved Meadowbank 'Asahi' !! :champis2:

T.R.S.So you had never met the great man either.Was he all that you expected him to be?

Much more Smudgey! I was in total awe!

:cheesy (2): :cheesy (2): :cheesy (2): :cheesy (2): :cheesy (2):

League Cup

Cove 5-1 Mole Valley

Could have been 10 if we'd taken our chances. Mole Valley didnt turn up!!

Keeper got injured at 2-0 and was replaced by an outfield player. Stand in keeper was not at fault for any goals and even saved a penalty that had to be retaken for encrouchment!

Good result for Cove considering 6 of the starting 11 from Saturday were either injured, suspended, cup tied or ill tonight.

The reserve and fringe players that came in did very well.

... decided, as I approached M4 j11 from Town, NOT to risk M4/M25 and went for a 're-visit' - I was last here in Jan 03 for the league game/record crowd vs AFC Dons.

Are those hedges new - don't remember the ground being so neatly enclosed back then - nor was it 'three-sided' - sure I stood behind the 'closed' end for that game?

Agree on report(s) above - thought it was 1-0 when the keeper went off - but since the retaken pen. (harsh) was the third I may have got that wrong. Comedy og for the first but I think in the process he copped a knee in the head and was complaining of dizzieness/double-vision.

Stand in (Nemo) did as well as he could - you're right about his kicking out though.

Wasn't too sure about this game but in the event really enjoyed it - I try to shy away from what I class as 'dodgy cup ties' - but both sides put in a decent shift and of course for the Anorak fraternity there was a decent programme - which was a nice unexpected bonus.

Also got the distinct vibe from overhearing the MVSCR subs warming up, that they were using a few fringe and reserve chaps. Certainly were a shadow of the side I watched beat Feltham late last month - but that could have been down to the gulf in standard of the opposition?

Thought Cove were a class and more above MV - too fast too mobile. Mole Valley' s undoing - apart from losing their keeper - was that they seemed oblivious to Cove's movement off the ball. In the 1st half MVSCR continually played passes too short or too long and straight back into Cove's possession. Their own midfield were continually too static and not moving into space - making it easy for them to be picked off as they tried to play the ball forward.

Good goal @ 4-0 down though - then comedy moment ensued - an even louder howl from the MV bench:

"We WIN this half!" - sure 'nuff Cove immediately restore the 4 goal difference! :grin:

If all Challenge Cup ties are like this I might think twice about avoiding them. :cool:

T.R.S.So you had never met the great man either.Was he all that you expected him to be?

:cheesy (2): :cheesy (2): :cheesy (2): :cheesy (2): :cheesy (2):

:bartshocked:

cheesy (2).gif cheesy (2).gif cheesy (2).gif cheesy (2).gif cheesy (2).gif

bartshocked.gif

Bedfont Sports 0-1 Staines Lammas

A real mud bath on probably the worst pitch ive seen in years, the burst water pipe has really wrecked Bedfonts pitch it shudnt have been played! It was a real scrappy game and there was no way the teams could play football. It was looking for a 0-0 draw when lammas had a freekick in the 88th minute and it was superbly crossed in and was met by a great header. Lammas should have scored 4 or 5 to be fair had it not been for bedfonts goalkeeper. It was 3rd time lucky for Lammas as bedfont have beat them twice in two cups but i think Lammas would rather win the league thatn cups. Lammas are looking good even tho they lost at the weekend to a well organised cobham i think they were unlucky to lose that. but if u would 9 points out 12 againts Cobham, Mole Valley, Bedfont and Hartley i think lammas would of took that!

Big shame as when we played there not long ago the Bedfont pitch was one of the best in the league by a long way!

Wouldn't have said Lammas were unlucky to lose against us, as they only had one shot on target against me, whilst your keeper was far busier and we prob should have had at least another.

Big shame as when we played there not long ago the Bedfont pitch was one of the best in the league by a long way!

Wouldn't have said Lammas were unlucky to lose against us, as they only had one shot on target against me, whilst your keeper was far busier and we prob should have had at least another.

Bedfont 0-1 Staines Lammas

The lights were really good to be fair, just a shame the pitch was totally wrecked! lets be honest to say lammas had one shot against u is a bit of a lie, first half they should have a few up had they took there chances and before Cobhams goal they had no shots what so ever but no taking nothing away from Cobham they scored and we never! Goals win games!!

Bedfont 0-1 Staines Lammas

The lights were really good to be fair, just a shame the pitch was totally wrecked! lets be honest to say lammas had one shot against u is a bit of a lie, first half they should have a few up had they took there chances and before Cobhams goal they had no shots what so ever but no taking nothing away from Cobham they scored and we never! Goals win games!!

I know I'm hanging from far too many beers last night but which game are you talking about Animal ??? :grin: