Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Wednesday Results

Anybody got Tuesday's results? :dance (2):

Deserved win for Molesey who played two thirds of the game with ten men after their keeper was sent off for handling outside the area. Chicks didn't force the replacement to make a save! Pitch quite frosty with much speculation as to whether the game would start or continue after half time. Will have some video shortly.

League Cup

Cove 5-1 Mole Valley

Could have been 10 if we'd taken our chances. Mole Valley didnt turn up!!

Keeper got injured at 2-0 and was replaced by an outfield player. Stand in keeper was not at fault for any goals and even saved a penalty that had to be retaken for encrouchment!

Good result for Cove considering 6 of the starting 11 from Saturday were either injured, suspended, cup tied or ill tonight.

The reserve and fringe players that came in did very well.

Training Thursday, training Saturday lunchtime and then off to Bournmouth we all go!! Love it!!

Oops. Getting ahead of myself. :chat:

One other Surrey Cup game

Chipstead 3-1 Lingfield AET

We are due to play Egham tomorrow in this but frost (with snow on the way) is now a major issue!

Getting depressed with this weather now! :smashfreakb:

Pitch froze last 15 mins tonight. Got a nice scrape down the side of my right leg that i'm sure will stick to the bed sheets in the night.

Frozen pitches are not nice for slide tackles!!

Good to meet TRS last night. Another forumite now known.

Pretty fair summary there. Must say I was really impressed with the Molesey 9. Ran his socks off all night for his team and didn't moan at any at all. More than the Molesey fan with the funny hat. He needs to get some banter :)

Good to meet TRS last night. Another forumite now known.

Pretty fair summary there. Must say I was really impressed with the Molesey 9. Ran his socks off all night for his team and didn't moan at any at all. More than the Molesey fan with the funny hat. He needs to get some banter :)

Nice to chat to 'Our Leader' again last night.

A great pity the Mighty Mouthy Mole Supporters couldn't be bothered to turn up.

Must have been the somewhat chilly weather. Dont' breed 'em very tough north of the North Downs !

Sandhurst Res 2-4 Hartley Res Suburban Northern

Good result for our reservers tonight.

Ta JJ for your post.

Obviously Mole Valley were saving their players tonight for the big league game on Sat.

But we play them next Tue HH, so you must have your dates wrong :biglaugh: !!

League Cup

Cove 5-1 Mole Valley

Could have been 10 if we'd taken our chances. Mole Valley didnt turn up!!

Keeper got injured at 2-0 and was replaced by an outfield player. Stand in keeper was not at fault for any goals and even saved a penalty that had to be retaken for encrouchment!

Good result for Cove considering 6 of the starting 11 from Saturday were either injured, suspended, cup tied or ill tonight.

The reserve and fringe players that came in did very well.

Training Thursday, training Saturday lunchtime and then off to Bournmouth we all go!! Love it!!

Definetely didnt turn up, 2nd half gave a better account of ourselves. Manager made a few changes?? & Mr Goals was suspended. Neem (replacement GK) did quite well in goal apart from him putting your striker through on goal a few times. All in all not a good night in Hartley but we can only learn from this. Hopefully our next meeting will be more evenly matched.

PS. Silver lining - Barrys 40 yard lob, best goal of the game.

Ta JJ for your post.

Obviously Mole Valley were saving their players tonight for the big league game on Sat.

I watched the Sandhurst res v Hartley res game last night.

Strange decision by the ref for the Hartley 3rd goal. It appeared that he gave a penalty for hand ball on the line against the Sandhurst centre half. Those watching assumed a red card would be produced, but then the ref surprised us all by not even giving the player a yellow card.

Brunty - what were your thoughts on this incident? I believe you were fairly close to the incident? Good penalty by the way.

How long is mr Goals suspended for then Spencer?

Dunno, expected him to play yesterday but tbh dont think we need him yet, not when Barrys in goalscoring form lol.

Epsom and Ewell 2 Banstead Athletic 0

An attritional game at a freezing Mount Merland last night when flowing football was hard to produce . We won it by seizing on a couple of defensive slip ups in the second half . Banstead were dogged opponents who may be showing enough to stay out of trouble . Robbie Burns continued his hot streak (the only thing that was last night) wit the second . Looking out the window our mid season break may be about to begin

Ta JJ for your post.

I watched the Sandhurst res v Hartley res game last night.

Strange decision by the ref for the Hartley 3rd goal. It appeared that he gave a penalty for hand ball on the line against the Sandhurst centre half. Those watching assumed a red card would be produced, but then the ref surprised us all by not even giving the player a yellow card.

Brunty - what were your thoughts on this incident? I believe you were fairly close to the incident? Good penalty by the way.

Brave decision to come and watch last night Daniel.

I thought it was a penalty might not have been deliberate but it did hit his arm i didnt hit the ball as cleanly as i wanted to but as he slid across it did hit his arm and would have gone in if it hadnt. If the rules are right then he should have gone as handball on the line, if i had missed the penalty they would have got away with it. Thankfully i didnt. didnt want to be placing those in those conditions!

Thought the ref was very soft with the fouls he was giving both ways, could have scored alot more than we did but then again i think they could have had a few more but good win as they are doing quite well in the Sub league.