Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Games OFF - Saturday 19th of December

Wattsy

Knaphill vs Cobham - OFF

Hanworth Villa Res vs Knaphill Res - OFF

Today's Combined Counties Division One clash against Cobham at Redding Way has been postponed due to a frozen pitch and a covering of snow.

After a pitch inspection by the match referee at 10am, the decision was taken to call off the game.

An announcement with a new date for the fixture at Redding Way will be made as soon as it is known.

The Reserves fixture at Hanworth Villa Reserves has also been called off due to the fozen conditions.

WOW even every single confrence is postponed! Shame it's a lovely day out

bumper crowd at Molesey then?

JUST BEEN ON MOLESEY WEBSITE HAVING HEARD THEIR GAME IS STILL ON !

UPON CHECKING, THE GAME IS ON AT THE MOMENT WITH THE SUN SOFTENING THE PITCH BUT OF COURSE IT WILL BE THE REF'S FINAL DECISION. SO I'M OFF TO WALTON ROAD AND EVERYONE ELSE WILL BE NO DOUBT AS ALL OTHER LOCAL GAMES ARE OFF SO TC, YES THERE COULD BE A GOOD CROWD AT THE MOLES THIS AFTERNOON BEING THE ONLY CURRENT GAME ON SO FAR.

TRS YOU COMING TO FILM THE GAME ? GOOD GRUB AT MOLESEY AND LOTS OF HOT TEA ! KEEPING WELL CLEAR OF THE NOISY MOB BEHING THE GOAL I GET EAR ACHE WITH THEM, GREAT BUNCH OF SUPPORTERS THO' !

LAST NOTE, I'M SURE YOU'LL ALL AGREE THAT CREDIT MUST BE GIVEN TO THE MOLES GROUNDSMAN IF HE CAN GET THIS GAME ON WHERE OTHERS HAVE FAILED !!!

TRS YOU COMING TO FILM THE GAME ? GOOD GRUB AT MOLESEY AND LOTS OF HOT TEA ! KEEPING WELL CLEAR OF THE NOISY MOB BEHING THE GOAL I GET EAR ACHE WITH THEM, GREAT BUNCH OF SUPPORTERS THO' !

Sorry NG, been suffering manflu since Wednesday evening so not going anywhere! I see Met Police v Merstham has now gone, so what price nearby Molesey getting called off at the last minute? I recall when we had the cold snap earlier this year, virtually the only non-league game still on in the South East was Staines v Tonbridge, so I set off for that and of course it was called off at about 2.20pm!

Only if Meps was still playing for us.

So, our secretary phones the Molesey sec who said no need for ref to inspect pitch in the morning as it is fine. We have had a light dusting and the groundsman has been working on it all morning.

We arrive and the pitch is hard, probably be ok for first half.

Ref turns up, inspects the pitch - sorry lads, not going to be safe enough in the second half.

Why they did not get a ref in to inspect the pitch this morning I don't know.

Could have stayed in work all day and got my day off in lieu next week to get the last bits for Xmas, but instead I get someone in to cover and lose my day off so that I can have a nice drive to Hampton Court and back - thanks!

PS, fair play to the groundsman who spent all morning trying to get the pitch ok.

Dont worry TC that happens, 2 years ago we spent all moring working on the pitch getting it playable after heavy rain on to be beaten by 1/2 hour of rain an hour before kick off............you'll be happy to know it was against Molesey and their then manager had one over it, a right big time kent gobbing off we should have done this and that blah blah blah but they would have been just a pissed off over it if we'd called it off and not made an efort.

Not that I beleive for one minute that any CCL games will have got started today, I'm sure that if they DID, the referee would have to abandon around half time.

I left the warmth of my sitting room at 3:30 to wander up to the corner shop. On my return the external temperature was -2 degrees c, and had fallen a full degree in an hour.

Any pitch surface would have to be considered 'dangerous' into any 2nd half played, imho that is !

:futbolbud2:

I have been further and had a game called off when we got there.

Back in the day when I was a good player, we went to Grantham. Bus driver got lost and the rain was tumping down. We phoned the committee who were already at the ground and the ref had said that if we got there for 3:00, we would have a 3:30 kick off.

We arrived at the ground and just as the first person stepped off, it was announced on the tannoy that the referee had called it off because of a waterlogged pitch. Cue 17 p'd off players who then decided to get drunk, nick the pool balls, and trash the coach. Somehow we did not get fined a weeks wages!!!

Had just parked up in the molesey Car Park when Sandhurst AM tells us it is off.

So flew over to Woking and watched there game. Funny thing it looked like a CCL game only a little quicker. Ball spent more time in the air than the recent snow. Bath won 3-1 but Woking's goal was worth the £12 entrance fee.

Then off to the Hen +Chickens for a nice pint of T.E.A and home.

I know one ex poster and now BTK who spent all afternoon in a warm pub watching the Fulham game.