Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Premier News: No Dorking crisis as another boss goes

FF News

RAY COLLINS is denying rumours of a crisis at Dorking after they lost their second manager in as many months.

View the full article

Fans Focus News,your article is now chip paper,please pay attention article publised on here 3 days before yours,no wonder ur on in the RESERVES.smashfreakb.gif or maybe that knock on the head,taken it's toll,justfutbolbud2.gif up with play or are you Rocket Ron in diguise.cheesy%20(2).gif

In view of certain remarks, I have 'provisionally' been in touch with Peter Augustine over comments on this and other posts. The club now feel that they have a manager that is well qualified to do the job and that in itself is a step forward.

Peter said, "We will now see a Dorking side that will play and train in the right way and we will also see all the strands of the club being pulled together."

As I said above, Dorking FC are hoping to issue another press statement this week.

In view of certain remarks, I have 'provisionally' been in touch with Peter Augustine over comments on this and other posts. The club now feel that they have a manager that is well qualified to do the job and that in itself is a step forward.

Peter said, "We will now see a Dorking side that will play and train in the right way and we will also see all the strands of the club being pulled together."

As I said above, Dorking FC are hoping to issue another press statement this week.

Ah, there's my favourite phrase again! What does it mean? :wtf:

Peter has been director of coaching at DFC for a while now, havent we been training or playing in the right way? Not even when we got promoted second half of last season?

Look lets settle for facts, Dave Argent was appointed manager yet I believe had zero experience or coaching qualifications. May have been a good fitness coach perhaps. Is that accurate?

Peter I believe does have qualifications, lets put that in the press releases. Lets stop new managers talking to the press full stop, Webby knows he had daft quotes thrown back at him, Dave will no doubt. Can we stop Peter falling down the same trap of answering his mobile when shopping?

Back in the day, we had a lad come over from Ireland to play for us and we gave him a run out in one of our games. He picked out a long ball from our keeper superbly, spun off his marker, and proceeded to sprint with the ball - but towards our goal - beat three players and hit a cracking strike which, fortunately, our keeper tipped over the bar. We took him off before the corner was taken and got rid of him straight after the game. The last we heard was that he was having trouble finding any club where the coach had passed his badges, purely because he did not "play the right way" . He was a nice lad though.

Brilliant Manager50!!!

So did Dave Argent have any playing experience. A lot of my experience of senior football is that many coaches have had all the qualifications under the sun but had no experience at a senior level. Just because they have a badge, does not mean they will be any good.

If someone has experience of the level and the coaching badges, then great and I guess Peter Augustine does.

Im just disapointed that many clubs are looking for badges rather than experience. Get the person with experience at the level and reimburse their cost of going to get the badges (over a period of time to stop the manager getting the badges for free and then clearing off). I know some clubs need the manager to have them to get Charter Status with The FA.

Ah, there's my favourite phrase again! What does it mean? :wtf:

I'm not sure if 'Gussy Senior' follows this forum.

any news on players BJR?

Have we lost any, recovered any after the two managerial changes?

I think Peter biggest task will be getting a settled squad with enough about them to stay up this year.

Getting some club/team spirit and mutual respect and getting players to work in teams of 2s and 3s, working for each other.

The layoff may be a benefit right now for Dorking.

Being more involved in admin and ground safety, I'm not really involved in such matters, other than what I receive in numerous e-mails.

I know that arrangements for indoor training have been made during this wonderful spell of weather, so we will wait and see what happens.

There are rumours that a specially heated cushion has been ordered for one seat in the 'Home' dug-out. Read into that what you will !!!!

:futbolbud2:

Being more involved in admin and ground safety, I'm not really involved in such matters, other than what I receive in numerous e-mails.

I know that arrangements for indoor training have been made during this wonderful spell of weather, so we will wait and see what happens.

There are rumours that a specially heated cushion has been ordered for one seat in the 'Home' dug-out. Read into that what you will !!!!

:futbolbud2:

We'll need one in the away dugout too for johnno! :evil:

Only Dorking could manage to have two threads devoted to the same subject :rolleyes (2):

As promised, you get to see it before it's in the press !

Press Release: Appointment of Peter Augustine and other Football News.

Dorking Football Club.

11th January 2010.

The Club would just like to clarify the situation regarding the appointment of our new First Team manager. Tony Webb, the Clubs Director of Football stood down as First Team manager for personal reasons at the end of November and nominated one of his assistants, Dave Argent, on a probationary period. Tony of course is still very much with the club and as pointed out at the time, will be continuing to advise the club on a number of football related and business matters, especially in regard to soccer schools and player development.

Following a meeting of the Clubs board and football committee in early January, we unanimously decided that the appointment of a locally based and experienced coach would be the best way forward for the future, in terms of the first team. We are therefore delighted to announce that Peter Augustine has taken over the role of First Team Manager in addition to his role as Head of Coaching at Dorking Football club with immediate effect.

The appointment of Peter, who has lived locally in Buckland for the past few years meets the above criteria admirably and he brings a commitment to continue the progress made so far in developing all aspects of the clubs football and community affairs from youth to first team. Peter works for Chelsea FC as their Girl’s centre of excellence Director and has held coaching posts at Edgware Town, Beaconsfield, Brookhouse (now AFC Hayes) and Epsom and Ewell. Peter is a highly qualified coach holding the UEFA level 3 badge and is currently undertaking the level 4 (the highest award outside of the professional game). He is also an FA coach educator, holds a number of other qualifications with regard to equity in sport, Child protection, First aid etc. To assist him in his immediate aims of retaining CCL premiership status, he has brought in two other level 3 qualified coaches, namely Matt Tebbutt and Gideon Jackson, who both also hold senior coaching positions at larger organisations. They will help Peter deliver a comprehensive coaching plan throughout the club and assist Peter make the transition to football management and the additional challenges that this brings. Dorking FC are very happy to have the chance to use the services of a coach as qualified as Peter and we feel as a club that this decision will take us forward over the coming seasons. We have seen the work Peter has been doing behind the scenes and we realised that he will be the person who can now pull all the ‘football strings’ together so that everything runs in a cohesive manner.

We are a club that wants to be at the heart of the Mole Valley football community and with Peter’s links in the locality it makes perfect sense to align all those strengths together. Peter knows the club well and the club knows him, he is under no illusions as to the task he is taking on and he has the full support of everyone at the club in the same way as every other manager has had.

In terms of community affairs, our efforts for the last season and a half have been to develop links with Mole Valley sports and recreation department. Last season Peter coached the Mole Valley Girls Surrey youth games side and helped set up girls coaching sessions at Dorking FC in conjunction with Richard Arlett – MVDC Sports Development Officer. This is now being expanded to several schools in the Mole Valley area and the club is keen to continue this partnership. We will be again looking to help MVDC and the Mole Valley Sports Council with various community and sporting activities. Peter, working with Tony, has also been responsible for coaching the Dorking FC Soccer School, and he took a team to Morzine in France for an international tournament in which they came second and won the fair play award.

As regards the Club’s football development, we are in the process of achieving the FA Charter Standard award in conjunction with the Surrey County FA, who are keen to see ‘Senior’ football clubs like Dorking FC achieve this prestigious award. We will also be further strengthening our ties with Brockham Badgers FC, our affiliated youth setup, into the future, where we are seeking to bring through as many of their emerging talent each year into our U18 SYL side –whilst still being open to all other clubs youngsters around the area. In terms of this relationship we are further delighted to announce that Gordon Walker, the current U18 manager and who also manages Brockham Girls has accepted an offer from Peter to step up and become involved in first team affairs next season. This means that we can further announce that Simon Coffey, Brockhams Badgers FC Director of Football will be taking over the management of the Dorking FC Youth U18’s midweek team next season. Simon will be bringing back to the club Nick Torpey, another highly qualified and popular local coach to assist him. Nick is also taking up an offer from Peter to input into FirstTeam training with immediate effect. These welcome appointments will give an outlet for both Brockham Badgers and other locally based talent to gain experience at a good youth level before hopefully some come through (as Andy Miller has done this season) into the first team in future years.

The Club looks forward to a successful second half of this current season where the challenge is to retain Combined Counties League Premiership status and to put down a long term development plan for the future. The Clubs Board have also managed to tie up a deal with the exclusive Nuffield Fitness and Wellbeing centre in Leatherhead to cater for indoor circuit training managed by professional Nuffield personal trainers to complement the club’s future training programmes.

Dorking FC is well set for a bright future as a community club at the heart of local football and sporting affairs.

Edited by Big J R

thanks for that JR, interesting read.

lets hope they can all handle the transition from girls and youth football into the CCL. I wish them well.

we need a couple of johhno judo types as senior player player/coaches now to add experience of the league and its players.

seven new coaches, we will need a bigger carpark after all.

How many sides will we be running next season?

That is a ridiculous amount of coaches for a team, going to be very confusing training sessions with 7 voices having an input.

Add TSFs 2 senior player coaches and you will need a bigger changing room to fit everyone in.

Have noticed a number of clubs now have Directors of Football???, Manager, Assistant, Coaches x 2 or 3, Phyiso, Goalkeeping Coach, Fitness Coach. Anyone else think its a bit overkill?

7 coaching voices + TRS video-ing the procedings = Plenty of bar profits.

:coffee (2):

BACK PAGE OF NEXT WEEKS 'DORKING ADVERTISER'

BEING HELD FOR EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW !!!

:chat:

:coffee (2):

Edited by Big J R