Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Dorking v Woking

VPCTFC

I see Dorking are winding up the big boys. Fair play to 'em....

Baker took a swipe at Dorking, adding: “I’m a bit annoyed with them as we offered them three Thursdays before Christmas to get that game on and they insisted it being on a Tuesday.”

http://www.getsurrey...eling_the_pinch

Dorking were drawn at home so are well within their rights to insist it's played on a night that suits them.

I wouldn't suggest winding Woking up too much though as they'll probably cheat and put out a load of first teamers when the game is played. They did that against us a few seasons ago and beat us 14-0. It's just not on to bring on a bloke who scores goals for fun in the Conference in a Surrey Senior Cup game. I thought these games were only supposed to be for youth players for teams that high up the pyramid.

We're away to AFC Wimbledon in a couple of weeks in the SSC. Hopefully they'll be more gentlemanly and play within the spirit of the competition. Did I mention the scoreline the last time we played a team from the Conference? :help:

I see Dorking are winding up the big boys. Fair play to 'em....

Baker took a swipe at Dorking, adding: “I’m a bit annoyed with them as we offered them three Thursdays before Christmas to get that game on and they insisted it being on a Tuesday.”

http://www.getsurrey...eling_the_pinch

Dorking were drawn at home so are well within their rights to insist it's played on a night that suits them.

I wouldn't suggest winding Woking up too much though as they'll probably cheat and put out a load of first teamers when the game is played. They did that against us a few seasons ago and beat us 14-0. It's just not on to bring on a bloke who scores goals for fun in the Conference in a Surrey Senior Cup game. I thought these games were only supposed to be for youth players for teams that high up the pyramid.

We're away to AFC Wimbledon in a couple of weeks in the SSC. Hopefully they'll be more gentlemanly and play within the spirit of the competition. Did I mention the scoreline the last time we played a team from the Conference? :help:

With the lack of games recently, if the game goes ahead on 26th Jan wouldn't surprise me if it was a reasonable strength side on display VPCTFC!

I assume that if the Trophy game with Altrincham is played next Tuesday and ends in a draw, the replay would be the following Tuesday thus delaying the SSC tie?

Looks like your tongue in cheek comments are have been WOOOSSSHHHEDD again VP.

Woking normally take the SSC seriously and at least I can say I have seen the game when Camberley set one of their records :)

Thats why the Mickey Mouse Cup,or to give it its true title Surrey Senior Cup has become a joke.The rules of the competition state each team must play their strongest possible side.Well in the cases of Palace and latterly A.F.C.Wimbledon this never happens, thus giving smaller clubs meagre crowds.Supporters at their level do not want to watch Reserve and Youth Team players and pay £9 to get in,unless your greedy Carshalton.So Clubs charge less entrance fee to watch lesser players.But to give Woking there due,as they do not have a Reserve side they do field many 1st teamers,but do not bring many supporters.So really it does not matter which day Dorking play them,if it where me as Dorking Secretary,I would ring them and ask if we could change venues and play any day Woking put forward.Nice experience for the players,maybe more revenue,and B.J.R. COULD WALK THE WALK on Wokings hallowed turf.

I am sure Palace have an agreement that they can field their Youth side and I think that Surrey FA are happy with that as it does mean all Senior sides registered with Surrey enter.

Smudgey when Camberley played Woking they put out their entire first team and there were 200 people there so no point switching in the hope of making some money !!! Be a decent pitch to play on though.

Thats why the Mickey Mouse Cup,or to give it its true title Surrey Senior Cup has become a joke.The rules of the competition state each team must play their strongest possible side.Well in the cases of Palace and latterly A.F.C.Wimbledon this never happens, thus giving smaller clubs meagre crowds.Supporters at their level do not want to watch Reserve and Youth Team players and pay £9 to get in,unless your greedy Carshalton.So Clubs charge less entrance fee to watch lesser players.But to give Woking there due,as they do not have a Reserve side they do field many 1st teamers,but do not bring many supporters.So really it does not matter which day Dorking play them,if it where me as Dorking Secretary,I would ring them and ask if we could change venues and play any day Woking put forward.Nice experience for the players,maybe more revenue,and B.J.R. COULD WALK THE WALK on Wokings hallowed turf.

Well they certainly seem to have one in the Suburban League, Southern Division! They tend to play a mix of youth team and any first team players not getting games, returning from injury etc.

I already have, when England Ladies Under 18's played Switzerland Ladies Under 18's !

Apparently last year a decision was made by the FA that County Cups were designated as reserve team fixtures for Conference Premier clubs, with the proviso that admission is adjusted accordingly. I know that AFCW charge £6 for adults for County Cups to sit or stand, which isn't bad as I know Dorking charge the same.

Apparently last year a decision was made by the FA that County Cups were designated as reserve team fixtures for Conference Premier clubs, with the proviso that admission is adjusted accordingly. I know that AFCW charge £6 for adults for County Cups to sit or stand, which isn't bad as I know Dorking charge the same.

Our bar-staff are far prettier, though !

Different suspension system as well apparantley. Few years back the team I was with at the time played Wycombe in the Berks and Bucks. Steve Brown was suspended for the first team, but could play in this game as it was classed as a reserve team game for them. I don't think that was fair as if one of our first team players was suspended, they would not be able to play a Suburban game.

Different suspension system as well apparantley. Few years back the team I was with at the time played Wycombe in the Berks and Bucks. Steve Brown was suspended for the first team, but could play in this game as it was classed as a reserve team game for them. I don't think that was fair as if one of our first team players was suspended, they would not be able to play a Suburban game.

Dont know how that works TC if suspended you are suspened from all football matches regardless of the level !!!! Strange :coffee (2):

No TC, no change, if your suspended you can't play at any level !!!!!

That's what Capital Punishment does for yer !

:bolt: