Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

19th jan

Johnno that was the worst ash side i have seen in 3 seasons in the prem, i may be being harsh as they havent played for a while so maybe Bedfont adapted better but they were truely awful, the manager started blamed everybody else bar himself. On that ASH will slide very quickly down the table beleive.

Edited by Guvnor No1

Badshot Lea 4 v 3 Raynes Park in the Surrey Senior Cup.

Brilliant game for the neutral.Badshot Lea were leading 2-1 in the first half when 2 goals before half time sent the visitors in 3-2 at the break.

Second half goals from a Joe Sowden header and a wonder strike from Rob Westell sealed the win. Right at the death Raynes Park could have forced extra time.

Badshot Lea progress to the quarter final where they have a home tie v either Woking or Dorking or Merstham.

Camberley Town 3 Egham Town 0 in the El Records Premier Cup. Two goals in the last five minutes of the first half by John Finnieston and Hinga Amara gave Camberley the advantage. Added a third in the final minute through George Gould following a defensive mistake. Camberley deserved the win although 3-0 was a little harsh on Egham

For me Egham dominated the first 30 minutes and looked dangerous but didnt have the cutting edge. Then 2 poor mistakes were punished by Cambo in the last 5 minutes of the 1st half. 2nd half Cambo were happy to let Egham come at them and looked comfortable before nicking a flattering third at the end. Felt Cambo deserved the win but probably by 1 would have been fairer. To be fair both sides looked very rusty and I have never seen so many players ask a referee how long was left !

Berks and Bucks Senior Trophy - Sandhurst 2 Binfield 1

Not the best we have played, but pleased to have won after a long period without a game. 0-0 at half time we scored two though James Mepham and Grant Nesbitt. Binfield pulled one back with about 10 to go.

Berks and Bucks Senior Trophy - Sandhurst 2 Binfield 1

Not the best we have played, but pleased to have won after a long period without a game.

... true I expect there's a lot of rust collected out there - The Moles hadn't played a League game since 12th Dec either.

Anyway last night was a real 'soddin' typical' night for me - goals all over the show in the CCL and quite a few knocked in locally in the Zamaretto & Isthmian - and I decide to watch STEP02 v STEP01 in the FA Trophy @ York Rd. :frown:

Good game technically but I am fed a similar diet of tactical sterility at the MadStad and would prefer goals over quality - especially for my midweek jaunts - which are almost exclusively revisits.

... to be fair I was somewhat limited in choice/range since the In laws turned up late for their babysitting duties. :doh:

Lucky I didn't opt at the last minute for Bedfont Sports v MVSCR - that would have been a 'new' ground for me - the only one in range last night - how late did that get called off?

S'pose I might consider going on Thursday eve if the weather doesn't get too much worse....

Similarly I see the Div One game @ Frimley G v Chobham got p'poned late on too - that didn't get a mention anywhere I could see neither?

they maybe struggling for players. They have had to pull their reserve team out of the suburban league.

JJ, COULD ASH REASON FOR PULLING THE RESERVES OUT OF THE SUBURBAN BE FINANCIAL ? CAN ANYONE ENLIGHTEN US ?

I LEAD TO BELIEVE THAT ANY TEAMS PULLING OUT OF LEAGUES ARE FINED AND HAVE TO PAY THE RESPECTIVE LEAGUE . NOT KNOWING WHAT THE FINES ARE, BUT THIS BEING THE CASE, WOULD IT ACTUALLY BE IN ASH INTEREST (CHEAPER) NOT TO PULL OUT OF THE SUBURBAN ? THIS COULD THEN LEAD TO JJ'S SUGGESTION THAT THEY HAVE PLAYER PROBLEMS - INTERESTING

Dont want to speculate or make any guesses as i've been in hot water with Ash before on personal comments made in the past.

Best person to make an official comment on this is AU Postie. He is the club secretary.

My comment that got me in hot water was my comments on Ash United's decision to enter the reserve team in to the Suburban Premier Division from division 1. I dont actually think they won the 1st division but were offered promotion for some reason.

My opinion was that Ash would find it extremely difficult financially to do all the travelling expected by CCL reserve level players. This may or may not have proven me to be right. I await AU Posties comments.

Dont want to speculate or make any guesses as i've been in hot water with Ash before on personal comments made in the past.

Best person to make an official comment on this is AU Postie. He is the club secretary.

My comment that got me in hot water was my comments on Ash United's decision to enter the reserve team in to the Suburban Premier Division from division 1. I dont actually think they won the 1st division but were offered promotion for some reason.

My opinion was that Ash would find it extremely difficult financially to do all the travelling expected by CCL reserve level players. This may or may not have proven me to be right. I await AU Posties comments.

There is a hell of a lot of travelling in that league for a CCL side so it could be that the travelling expenses have been mounting up and would be more than any league fine for leaving!