Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results 13 feb

MV SCR 2 - 1 Farleigh

Good result this weekend, think we put an end to our usual New Years slump. Glad to see a few of the other results went our way & managed to make up a few points on the league contenders. Did warn HW about that Baker boy, a swap with Holden maybe?? Jus joking, a forward line consisting of Holden, Barry and Page is frightening to say the least. Staines continue their good run of form, looking forward to the cup game tomorrow.

Spencer is Phil with MV. now,nice lad.

Yeah, slightly responsible for us not going up last season so lets hope he can make amends & help us this season lol.

Sorry Spencer, i would not swap Baker with Holden, Barry or Page mate in fact Baker is better then all three of them together! :brille008: :duel:

Dorking FC 1 - Raynes Park Vale 1

New Dorking manager Peter Augustine got his points tally off the mark with a gritty home draw over Raynes Park Vale, courtesy of a fine equalising goal from Dorking youngster Andy Miller.

Dorking were worth their point and will hope that they can now push on by putting together a consistent run as they seek to catch the clubs above Chicks in the league.

Dorking had made several changes from the midweek defeat against Epsom, Marvin Farrell, Madell Meite and Reece Perry all being given their Dorking debut. Sam Freeman continued in goal with Dan Coote absent and Chris Davies injured.

In attack, Augustine handed ex Brockham Badgers and current Dorking U18 player Andy Miller his first start after two good appearances from the bench.

It was Dorking who started the brighter, pressing the opposition goal well, midfielder Meite influential in the centre of the park. It was Raynes Park who took the lead though through Rob Harmeston on 24 minutes, the Vale player losing his marker from a corner and heading the visitors in front.

Dorking were under pressure for a spell after RPV scored, but were back in the game on 36 minutes. A through ball found Miller, whose pace took him round two defenders. With the keeper advancing, Miller dropped his shoulder and sent the keeper the wrong way. The fact that Millar was then mobbed by his teammates shows a good spirit amongst Augustine's new team

The second half saw Raynes Park shade things, without really creating many clear cut chances, freeman quick off his line to deal with sporadic attacks and Scott Harrison and Scott Murphy defending well. It was not all one way traffic though and Dorking themselves fashioned several chances. The best chance of the half fell to a Vale forward very late on from a corner, but the effort went wide and Dorking saw out the match to claim the draw.

Dorking now face Guildford City away on Saturday.

TEAM:- Sam Freeman, Alastair Moore, Marvin Farrell, Taylor Mollatt, Scott Harrison, Scott Murphy, Andy Miller, Mandall Meite, Jamie Pendrill, Reece Perry, Shola Elusade.

SUBSTITUTES:-- Andy Gallimore, Martin Waldron, Dana Zada.

Edited by Big J R

Sorry Spencer, i would not swap Baker with Holden, Barry or Page mate in fact Baker is better then all three of them together! brille008.gif duel.gif

cheesy%20(2).gif Thats great banter! Baker might have better tattoos then Holden (cos his ones are crap) but i think thats about as far as it goes. Tbh u do see him week in week out so u might have a case but stats dont really back up your craazy statement.

Sorry Spencer, i would not swap Baker with Holden, Barry or Page mate in fact Baker is better then all three of them together! brille008.gif duel.gif

cheesy%20(2).gif Thats great banter! Baker might have better tattoos then Holden (cos his ones are crap) but i think thats about as far as it goes. Tbh u do see him week in week out so u might have a case but stats dont really back up your craazy statement.

Spence,Trenty never wrong you know.

Its all about opinions :argue: , i think we need to get some players comments such as Wattsy and Brunty who have both played against them both i'm sure....Chaps over to you.

BTW It was not banter Baker is better then Holden. BTW whats your stats comparison over the last three seasons with Holden & Bakes?

Its all about opinions argue.gif , i think we need to get some players comments such as Wattsy and Brunty who have both played against them both i'm sure....Chaps over to you.

BTW It was not banter Baker is better then Holden. BTW whats your stats comparison over the last three seasons with Holden & Bakes?

BTW not sure about Wattsy, but we havent played HW so i doubt Brunty would know. Ive played against both and would still say Holden.

Debut season in CC last year but im sure hes approaching 100 goals (last and this season BTW). Wont include 3 seasons ago cos we were in M'sex counties league. Hows Bakes stats doing over there BTW

Its all about opinions argue.gif , i think we need to get some players comments such as Wattsy and Brunty who have both played against them both i'm sure....Chaps over to you.

BTW not sure about Wattsy, but we havent played HW so i doubt Brunty would know. Ive played against both and would still say Holden.

Debut season in CC last year but im sure hes approaching 100 goals (last and this season BTW). Wont include 3 seasons ago cos we were in M'sex counties league. Hows Bakes stats doing over there BTW

Both very good players! The only thing I would say is that Jay tends to lose his head with verbal when things don't go his way where as Bakes just gets on with it.

I played with Bakes at youth level and against him for Palace when he was a young hammer and he stood miles out from the crowd! Last Tuesday was a though return to action and I love the physical battles with him but these days he get the better of me through pace now :frown:

My first game after two years out was against MV at the end of last season and Jay scored a later winner and I have to say it was a great battle between myself and him. He taunted me saying it was his 51st of the season and boy did he gloat, maybe because that day I gave hime nothing!! This season I had to play in goal and he scored three of the twelve past me I think. :throwupen: We have to play MV on the easter weekend (I believe) and will look forward to owing him one haha!

I've not seen enough of Jay Holden to be honest, you can't judge a player on three games. However knowing Bakes, I'd have to say he's the better forward, but it's obviously biased :cool:

croydon m 2- 3 bedfont sports

not a great performance from the sports against a better croydon side after we mauled em 5-1 at home !

croydon took lead after 10 with a good move an sidefoot into the corner from there striker then sports equalised from a delap like throw for turner to prod in from close range

2nd half an sports were dominating only for a nothing ball which shuolda been seen out hooked across for croydon 2nd goal then with sports gk punting the ball upfield the croydon defender tripped the speedy coombs in the area penalty to which adam turner stroked home!

croydon then brought on the biggest cb ive ever seen so sports punted it over again for the speedy coombs this time tho he fininshed with aplomb sports win the game!!!

moles tues night in the cup at bedfont should be interesting!

My unbiased opinion, having played against both strikers. This and last season, both strikers have caused us problems and i have no doubt they could step up a league or two. It a difficult to say who's actually better, because IMO there very similar but on just stats verses us (south park) i would go for Holden. Played 5 Scored 10 in last 2 season to Bakers Played 5 Scored 6.

not a great performance from the sports against a better croydon side after we mauled em 5-1 at home !

croydon took lead after 10 with a good move an sidefoot into the corner from there striker then sports equalised from a delap like throw for turner to prod in from close range

2nd half an sports were dominating only for a nothing ball which shuolda been seen out hooked across for croydon 2nd goal then with sports gk punting the ball upfield the croydon defender tripped the speedy coombs in the area penalty to which adam turner stroked home!

croydon then brought on the biggest cb ive ever seen so sports punted it over again for the speedy coombs this time tho he fininshed with aplomb sports win the game!!!

The game hinged on 2 Refereeing decisions for me,firstly the young assistant flagged the Ref,quite rightly in response to a remark by one of the Bedfont players 'Lino your a pr*ck'. Ref. spoke but no action.Secondly as for the Penalty the Ref.was central to the incident,no more than 10 yards away,our Keeper gathered the ball,but the assistant flagged Penalty,even though the Ref had not blown.But he overuled himself and gave the Penalty.This followed on from the Badshot game where there player was sent off for Spitting,but also in that game a Badshot player called the 'Lino a pr*ck but the yellow card was shown to the wrong player.

My unbiased opinion, having played against both strikers. This and last season, both strikers have caused us problems and i have no doubt they could step up a league or two. It a difficult to say who's actually better, because IMO there very similar but on just stats verses us (south park) i would go for Holden. Played 5 Scored 10 in last 2 season to Bakers Played 5 Scored 6.

having played against both this year id have to say that Holden has been more dangerous! but id have to say overall id have baker!!

The game hinged on 2 Refereeing decisions for me,firstly the young assistant flagged the Ref,quite rightly in response to a remark by one of the Bedfont players 'Lino your a pr*ck'. Ref. spoke but no action.Secondly as for the Penalty the Ref.was central to the incident,no more than 10 yards away,our Keeper gathered the ball,but the assistant flagged Penalty,even though the Ref had not blown.But he overuled himself and gave the Penalty.This followed on from the Badshot game where there player was sent off for Spitting,but also in that game a Badshot player called the 'Lino a pr*ck but the yellow card was shown to the wrong player.

agree some strange ones i personally thought ref shoulda give a pen rather than lino your defender clipped coombs but then again ive seen em not given so cuda gone against us funny really i was saying jus before we never get any luck!! will say croydon ave def improved the cm number 8 good player an the 11 on the wing full of tricks thought a draw would of been fair result if im honest!

talking strikers then chaps who over the last 5 years has impressed you and why??

Danny MacDiarmid (warlingham 05/06) won the league and top scorer in the division with i think 35goals and 40 in total. big lad but deceptive speed made him impossible to knock off the ball, once he was level or in front of you it was game over !!! Blighted by injury since which is a real shame, travelled around a bit, Holmesdale and Lingfield, but now back at warlingham

Newby,an honest reply and overall a draw would of been a fair result.But in someways points do not mean much to us at the moment,and you can have a say in this Division.Our lads are too green behind the ears at this level at the moment,but we are learning.If only we trained might help.As for strikers if they were any good,I'm sure as,as they are not being paid ,a Ryman Club would of targeted them by now.So must say on that basis AGYEI,LOCK,POMROY although he was not prolific at Croydon Athletic, are better than Holden,Baker,Hogsden, but as they play for the love of the game,I admire them.Your own man Coombs is a handful,played higher in his younger days,but proven goalscorer.

talking strikers then chaps who over the last 5 years has impressed you and why??

Danny MacDiarmid (warlingham 05/06) won the league and top scorer in the division with i think 35goals and 40 in total. big lad but deceptive speed made him impossible to knock off the ball, once he was level or in front of you it was game over !!! Blighted by injury since which is a real shame, travelled around a bit, Holmesdale and Lingfield, but now back at warlingham

Spy,yeah good draw for Warlingham Saturday,How many Cecils they got there,never seen Danny in his prime, so cannot comment.