Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results 13 feb

Seems we did expose ourselves in the end VP :bootyshake: still keeps you guys in the hunt at the top.

Was not a t the game how did Bookham perform ?? apart from the last 10 mins that is :bartshocked:

Bookham did OK. It was said during the first half that you couldn't tell which team were second in the table and which team were bottom. The quality of the shots was lacking a bit though IMO. At least you lot were having shots though - we didn't manage many in the first half but your lot were defending in numbers when needed. That's something that we have to learn to deal with as it's obvious a lot of teams will come to Krooner trying to keep us at bay. Having said that, Bookham were quite willing and able to attack. It was far from one way traffic and not as easy as the game at Meadowbank earlier in the season.

Quite a big side and used that aspect to their advantage but I have to say the players and bench didn't half whinge a lot. I know we're no angels when it comes to asking questions of the ref but we were outclassed yesterday.

In a way I'd say Bookham were like Wembley over the past few seasons (we haven't played Wembley yet this season). Not a bad side up to a point but both teams need a reliable goalscorer. But, as we all know, a 20 or more goal a season striker is gonna be too expensive for a lot of clubs to afford.

Thanks TRS - excellent coverage again :applaus:

Thank you GF!

YES, GREAT COVERAGE YET AGAIN. ITLOOKS AS THOUGHT BADSHOT WERE WORTHY WINNERS FROM THE FOOTAGE ?

apart from the 2 times Horley hit the crossbar??.........

you might be a bit surprised with wembley couple of loan signings, 1 a striker.as for the ref at horley, never seen him have a good game.keeps chatting to players, then wants to play,the im always right card. can anyone put me in the picture re N G U applying to go up. seems as though the ground is up to scratch.:unsure:

Dorking FC 1 - Raynes Park Vale 1

Rob Harmeston for RPV on 24 minutes from a corner.

The young Andy Millar for DFC on 37 minutes. His first goal for DFC 1st team.

More plus team to follow.

Edited by Big J R

apart from the 2 times Horley hit the crossbar??.........

To be honest, Badshot Lea were worthy winners. In the 3 times I have seen them this season, they have been strong and efficient and their two Wycombe loanees (no's 7 and 11 yesterday) looked very useful. Not sure how long they have got them for. Maybe BL will make a late charge for the top - playing twice a week can work both ways and it could be that they get on a roll, the confidence builds and the wins keep on coming. I guess injuries and suspensions will be key also. I recall in AFCW's first season, Withdean 2000 had TEN games in hand on us around this time of the season but they hardly dropped a point for the rest of the season and won the League and Cup double.

Shame you didn't catch young Andy's first goal for DFC, TRS.

It was almost a solo effort from the half way line. A lad with a definite future, and local to Dorking, too. A product of the Under 18's squad.

Edited by Big J R

It was almost a solo effort from the half way line. A lad with a definite future, and local to Dorking, too. A product of the Under 18's squad.

Good to hear!

The 11 for Badshot Lea looked like Brad Smith to me TRS

He was no.8, SF. They do look similar though.

Good to hear!

Lammas 2-0 Coulsdon

Should of been a cricket score after coulsdon had a man sent off in the first half, but credit to coulsdon they done well. Two first half goals from Matt Baxter which is now 11 in 11 now!! wasnt really an entertaining game but another 3 points!! gained 9 points on hartley in 3 games now!! any excuses this week boys!! Worcester Park just scraping a draw, in the words of john and Edward i think the big boys are feeling the pressure!!!

Good to hear!

Lammas 2-0 Coulsdon

Should of been a cricket score after coulsdon had a man sent off in the first half, but credit to coulsdon they done well. Two first half goals from Matt Baxter which is now 11 in 11 now!! wasnt really an entertaining game but another 3 points!! gained 9 points on hartley in 3 games now!! any excuses this week boys!! Worcester Park just scraping a draw, in the words of john and Edward i think the big boys are feeling the pressure!!!

Animal

I took in the game as I was working nearby and couldn't really get anywhere else, reliant on British Rail !!!! lol

I hope you mean that should have been a cricket score because the team bottom of the league with only one point, being reduced to ten men on 30 mins , should have been put to the sword.

Wasn't like that though, their keeper pulled off three quality saves but you didn't carve out bundles of chances, in fact they had a lot of the game in the 2nd half and played some good football. they set up two banks of 4 with one up top and worked their socks off !! and had no subs to freshen it up. your manager got it wrong. he switched to three up top to capitalise and you lost your shape and fluidity. Never easy when you play against ten, always a quandry what shape to keep. Apart from the P***T that was sent off, i think they came out of the game with a great deal of credit and what a pleasure to see 'the old warhorse' Rhod Davis galloping up and down the wing for them. i think on this showing thier 1st win may not be too far away !!

yea maybe ur right, maybe it shouldnt of been a cricket score but at least 4 or 5!! i aint taking nothing away from them like u said they worked there socks off!! yea i think were better 4-4-2 but thats the gaffers choice!! but oh well i dont care how we get the points as long as we get them!!

yea maybe ur right, maybe it shouldnt of been a cricket score but at least 4 or 5!! i aint taking nothing away from them like u said they worked there socks off!! yea i think were better 4-4-2 but thats the gaffers choice!! but oh well i dont care how we get the points as long as we get them!!

No animal, thats quality, i just wanted to make sure people knew that it wasnt backs to the wall and defend in their box, they did get out plenty and attacked by working hard, deserved a little credit, thanks for acknowledging, hope someone on here lets em know, their a credit 22 defeats and one draw they never let their heads drop at all, good luck to you boys going for you 3rd succesive title

MV SCR 2 - 1 Farleigh

Good result this weekend, think we put an end to our usual New Years slump. Glad to see a few of the other results went our way & managed to make up a few points on the league contenders. Did warn HW about that Baker boy, a swap with Holden maybe?? Jus joking, a forward line consisting of Holden, Barry and Page is frightening to say the least. Staines continue their good run of form, looking forward to the cup game tomorrow.

MV SCR 2 - 1 Farleigh

Good result this weekend, think we put an end to our usual New Years slump. Glad to see a few of the other results went our way & managed to make up a few points on the league contenders. Did warn HW about that Baker boy, a swap with Holden maybe?? Jus joking, a forward line consisting of Holden, Barry and Page is frightening to say the least. Staines continue their good run of form, looking forward to the cup game tomorrow.

Spencer is Phil with MV. now,nice lad.