Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results 13 feb

Newby,an honest reply and overall a draw would of been a fair result.But in someways points do not mean much to us at the moment,and you can have a say in this Division.Our lads are too green behind the ears at this level at the moment,but we are learning.If only we trained might help.As for strikers if they were any good,I'm sure as,as they are not being paid ,a Ryman Club would of targeted them by now.So must say on that basis AGYEI,LOCK,POMROY although he was not prolific at Croydon Athletic, are better than Holden,Baker,Hogsden, but as they play for the love of the game,I admire them.Your own man Coombs is a handful,played higher in his younger days,but proven goalscorer.

ive heard a rumour baker been offered £ at badshot could be wrong though! coombs proven at this level an top scorer two seasons running an 2nd a coupla times played against him once put me on my [****!!****] with his trickery scored two an i brought him down for a peno ha was a few years ago tho!! mcdiarmid good strong player jurys out on hogsden but baker i rate holden well goals talk but full of himself winds himself up. watched pommers bout a month ago did nothing doesnt head a ball scored two tho havent sen the other two though heard lock a very good player

Surrey Legend

I think you are all missing something. Holden is a more play along the last defender type center forward where Baker is the target man :cheesy (2): . Pair them up in the same team and then you have the perfect combination.

Believe you me Baker is not a target man SL. I have played alongside him, coached and managed him and that is one thing he is not. Has the atttributes for a target man, big, physical, holds the ball up well and quick but not a target man. Christ if he heard you say that he would wet himself laughing! And he does not get paid!!! :signthankspin:

the boy at godalming a few seasons back , was exceptional , cant remember his name , im sure wacko does though :smilewinkgrin:

what about the good old days , thinking ashford town , with smudge , lee holman , paul german , anthony eggington and richard mcdonald what a player he was then disappeared

talking strikers then chaps who over the last 5 years has impressed you and why??

Danny MacDiarmid (warlingham 05/06) won the league and top scorer in the division with i think 35goals and 40 in total. big lad but deceptive speed made him impossible to knock off the ball, once he was level or in front of you it was game over !!! Blighted by injury since which is a real shame, travelled around a bit, Holmesdale and Lingfield, but now back at warlingham

Ahh what a season that was. My personal best chipping in with 22 goals from centre mid myself.

Danny was a good player, very strong and powerful and posessed some pace too for his size! Played against hime back in November and had a chat with him about where he'd been. Still got the touches, just needs fitness, but that'll come

WATTSY

how did you end up at feltham. and why are you not there now. did you jump ship.:Kick_Can_emoticon:

Hi Fan,

I knew the manager at the time Bob Barnes who called me at the end of the 2006/07 season and asked me to come training and see what I thought. I went along and loved everyone there. Had some great times and even after the bad times I still love the club!!

I didn't jump ship like most and I was only one of a couple who willingly went out and played (in goal) 90 minutes against MV this season with only 8 men and took a 12-0 battering and I still never considered leaving!

I did leave at the beggining of the month however. I started a new job after Christmas and I don't live local to Feltham so things would've been tough. I gave this a go for a bit but Wednesday work meetings clashed with training and could only make every other week, along with training hard for the marathon in April. Also a new manager came in and with his own ideas didn't start me in the first game which is fair enough as nobody is garunteed a starting place, but after that I never heard from him again and when games were called off there was friendlies which I found out about when some of the guys asked why I wasn't there. So I figured I wasn't needed and had a choice of Knaphill and Westfield to join as a locl club to me which was ideal After hearing what Trentender was like around young lads, I chose to join Westfield and I'm really enjoying things!

I'm glad Feltham have picked up some decent results and wish them all the best, we even have to play them twice still in March which will be interesting!!

Edited by Wattsy

Sheerwater 1 Eversley 4

Close game that was settled with 3 goals in the last 15mins. Both goalkeepers went off injured as well.

Sheerwater have some good players and I expect they will cause teams problems wtih their direct style.

Pleased to pick up a 2nd win in a row. Very tough game away against South Park this week though.

Regarding the striker debate. I've seen both Holden and Baker at our ground this season and both had poor games. Both have excellent scoring records though, so I assume it was just an off day for both of them. Best strikers I have seen were the two lads up front for Staines Lammas. Ben Whatford scored a hat trick against us at home from no more than 4 chances and Matt Baxter did the same in the corresponding fixture at their place.

Good result Daniel, did my run down of tips and advice help you guys?

Edited by Wattsy

"After hearing what Trentender was like around young lads, I chose to join Westfield and I'm really enjoying things!"

Awaits 1) BJR witty response :coffee (2): 2) Threat of legal action from TT :smashfreakb:

Haha :discobanana:

Good result Daniel, did my run down of tips and advice help you guys?

Yes the tips definitely helped, thanks for the information.

No problem mate :smilewinkgrin:

"After hearing what Trentender was like around young lads, I chose to join Westfield and I'm really enjoying things!"

Awaits 1) BJR witty response :coffee (2): 2) Threat of legal action from TT :smashfreakb:

Post of the week Watty :applause: :discobanana: :cheesy (2): :dance (2):

Why thank you, glad to accept.

Erm firstly I'd like to thank my Mum erm, my Dad..Oh and my dog for this, I couldn't have done it without you guys :smilie_flagguk:

Already started illegal proceedings Wattsy, remember what i do for a living! Just keep looking in your mirror slaphead! Anyway I would not say a slow, balding 38 year old is young!

Already started illegal proceedings Wattsy, remember what i do for a living! Just keep looking in your mirror slaphead! Anyway I would not say a slow, balding 38 year old is young!

38? You referring to my Forset Gump? :smashfreakb: