Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

GAMES ON 20/2/10

Smudge

Bedfont v Camberley is still on.

Looks like most have survived but there could be more called off around the 1.30 - 2pm mark once the match refs get there.

Hope so thats my first choice game to go to today!

Any one know if CB Hounslow Uniteds game is on? or off?

Bedfont v Camberley is still on.

Looks like most have survived but there could be more called off around the 1.30 - 2pm mark once the match refs get there.

Hope so thats my first choice game to go to today!

Just had a message from our secretary. Bedfont has gone from 'all OK atm' to 'in some doubt' but the players and staff are travelling up there.

dont think this system works, with people letting each other know if games are on or off. bedfont called off at 14.30 ish. a bit of revenue lost by other clubs, with some people left without a game. there should be a way for the paying public to know if games are on/off.:arcadefreak:

dont think this system works, with people letting each other know if games are on or off. bedfont called off at 14.30 ish. a bit of revenue lost by other clubs, with some people left without a game. there should be a way for the paying public to know if games are on/off.:arcadefreak:

Apologies if I misled you.

I go on the late TK's forum and the groundhoppers on there get uptight with late postponements. They often say that the club says the game is 'definitely on' at 1pm only to find the match ref calls it off at 2.30pm.

It's my view that no-one can say a game is definitely on until the teams kick off.

I usually say that games are still on 'at the moment' but I didn't today. It wasn't actually called off until 2.40.

This is why Twitter is such a good tool if clubs can't update their websites immediately but for Twitter to work to it's full potential people need to be able to access the internet on the move or choose to get automatic updates sent to their mobiles. And, just like websites, clubs need someone willing and able to do the tweeting. AFAIK there's only ourselves and Guildford who do it in the CCL.

There will always be late postponements - I've been to a game at Woking that was called off as the players came out for kick off just before 3pm and there's nothing that can be done sometimes.

Full credit to Bedfont today for doing their best to get the game on but it just wasn't going to happen. They started putting sand on the pitch but they would have had to put so much on that it would probably have put the pitch out of action for a while.

I've seen plenty of games played on worse in the past but most of today's refs (and some players) seem to think teams at this level should be playing on perfect turf every week. We haven't all got full-time groundsmen.

no vptcfc you were more than helpful. what i was trying to point out, that the clubs have this free tool, in the forum. but are not taking advantage.

and we the fans are the ones kept in the dark. but honestly without you there was no update from bedfont. and if you look at the 2 threads smudge tried to get going not many helped, with any on /off games that was my point. 2 weeks ago chertsey were posting for fun, yet no one posted to let anyone know re there game. they are just one of many in this league.

I was going to go and watch the Bedfont game i rang the club just before 14:00 and they told me the ref had not arrived yet to check out the pitch but it didnt look good said the person on the other end of the phone who was by the way very helpful so i decided i wasnt going to wait around for the ref to turn up as i wanted to find a game that was defo on and be able to get their in time for the kick off so i went to watch Staines Town 4 V St Albans Town 3 i got their just as the players were coming out on to the pitch and what a great game it was i was so glad i didnt wait around to see if the Bedfont game was on or off or i would have ended up missing out on a great game of football! ;-)

Edited by Savagebee

I agree with VPCT... Twitter is a valuable way of letting people know what's going on!

I tried to start a 'list' for CCL clubs a while back, but could only find Camberley on top of ourselves, like you say. As much as Twitter has a lot of pointless stuff on it, it's a good way of staying up to date with matchday news/scores etc.

We send out updates at half and full time to people who aren't at the match, it's pretty easy to add the Twitter number to that list!

Same as the website. the league could set up a Twitter account and update it as info comes in. As ever relies on people to do it for free. We are lucky at Krooner to have VP and it is fantastic that I can get score updates as the game goes along.

I agree with VPCT... Twitter is a valuable way of letting people know what's going on!

I tried to start a 'list' for CCL clubs a while back, but could only find Camberley on top of ourselves, like you say. As much as Twitter has a lot of pointless stuff on it, it's a good way of staying up to date with matchday news/scores etc.

We send out updates at half and full time to people who aren't at the match, it's pretty easy to add the Twitter number to that list!

A fella from Scarborough maintains a complete list of known non-league Twitterers. He's got 228 accounts listed at the moment - mainly clubs but some leagues have taken it on board as well. http://twitter.com/SeadogUpdate/non-league-football

It's nice to see teams as low as Surrey Athletic in the Guildford & Woking Alliance use it.

I used to send texts at HT and FT to absent fans as well. I'm not normally one for new technology but I saw the benefits of Twitter as soon as TC from Bracknell mentioned it on the non-league forum. It evens works with my aging Nokia 3310 which is a bonus. The thing is I think I send more texts now as I do goal updates for the first team. The reserve and youth games I'm at usually only get HT and FT unless I'm feeling generous.

I agree with Kroons that it would be great if the CCL took it up for postponements, scores and news. And no, I'm not offering my services I'm afraid - I've got more than enough on my plate at the moment so I couldn't do a good enough job for the whole league.

A fella from Scarborough maintains a complete list of known non-league Twitterers. He's got 228 accounts listed at the moment - mainly clubs but some leagues have taken it on board as well. http://twitter.com/SeadogUpdate/non-league-football

It's nice to see teams as low as Surrey Athletic in the Guildford & Woking Alliance use it.

I used to send texts at HT and FT to absent fans as well. I'm not normally one for new technology but I saw the benefits of Twitter as soon as TC from Bracknell mentioned it on the non-league forum. It evens works with my aging Nokia 3310 which is a bonus. The thing is I think I send more texts now as I do goal updates for the first team. The reserve and youth games I'm at usually only get HT and FT unless I'm feeling generous.

I agree with Kroons that it would be great if the CCL took it up for postponements, scores and news. And no, I'm not offering my services I'm afraid - I've got more than enough on my plate at the moment so I couldn't do a good enough job for the whole league.

VP - I've found myself using both yours & Guildford's twitter feeds and one or two other clubs (Whyteleafe from the Ryman for example, also a handy one for Wimbledon that updates throughout the games). I've not really understood how this all works, although my mate was trying to talk me through it the other day! If I set up an account, can I just use it to follow others or are you obliged to have something to say as well? If you have an account and follow people, am I right in assuming your page updates every time they post something?

Yep, spot on TRS. You just 'follow' the respective pages and they update automatically on your home page.

You don't need to post anything on there, in fact Twitter would be a lot better if people didn't post drivel on there but there you go!

VP - I've found myself using both yours & Guildford's twitter feeds and one or two other clubs (Whyteleafe from the Ryman for example, also a handy one for Wimbledon that updates throughout the games). I've not really understood how this all works, although my mate was trying to talk me through it the other day! If I set up an account, can I just use it to follow others or are you obliged to have something to say as well? If you have an account and follow people, am I right in assuming your page updates every time they post something?

I've just written out a really long answer that, tbh, bored even myself so I'll just answer your questions. It's all very versatile and you can basically use it however you like.

If you set up an account you don't need to say anything. You can block it so that no-one can follow you without your permission. If you don't you'll find one or two spammers will start following you as well as some of the people you're following and other people from your locality as there's a tool that enables you to look up other local accounts. The spammers are no harm as you don't have to follow them and read all their secrets of white teeth or worrying if their knickers are gonna fall down at any moment! I used to delete and bar them but I just let them sit there these days. You can follow who you like (unless they block you) and you can also elect to have Tweets sent direct to your mobile as a text message. I don't know how much this costs cos I don't do it. It's probably the same as whatever your mobile provider charges so if you get free texts then all well and good. Kroons will confirm or deny this. I presume you can have more than one account sent direct to your phone and you stop and start the messages whenever you want.

If you're looking at it on t'internet then it doesn't automatically update,at least not on my PC, but you'll see a number in the tab when there's a new Tweet to read so you just press refresh and it's there.

Yep, spot on TRS. You just 'follow' the respective pages and they update automatically on your home page.

You don't need to post anything on there, in fact Twitter would be a lot better if people didn't post drivel on there but there you go!

See - my message took so long to write the Sweeney have snuck in.

Anyway - it looks like it's just on my PC they don't automatically update. I use XP and Firefox. It might be different with different set ups!