Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

egham town fc

having played most of the season at egham now,and played every side im surprised at where some of the clubs are finnishing.our team are flying and have beat chertsey,camberley,epsom this season and unlucky not to take a point at ngu,i think it shows this league is very competitive and a run like ours can propell you right up the lge,we played croydon last week and i was impressed with them and the left back,wembley without ian in the middle were still organised and rpv yesterday worked hard and we were lucky with 1 or 2 decisions.ngu are doing the job well and a nice club and good luck to them if bthey do go up.we at begham have enjoyed good form and hope to bring that form into next season,it wil be interesting to see who comes into this league next year with afc hayes,bracknell and walton casuals all facing the drop.

Egham are the bookies early favourties next year.

Bracknell may yet get a reprieve. Number of clubs tottering and wishing to move down.

Bracknell need to move down anyway. They have been the bottom club nearly every year. Surely they should have now realised they cannot compete at that level.

BEDFONT TOWN. so does that mean bedfont green will be relegated. would that save afc hayes. what about feltham guv. what div will you be in next season and where are you playing?coffee%20%282%29.gif

Egham are the bookies early favourties next year.

Bracknell may yet get a reprieve. Number of clubs tottering and wishing to move down.

Bedfont Town are the favourites

They won't be in this League next yr mate.....Look at Zam for at least another season.............

What I don't understand about step 5 to step 4 is this common theme that teams get a reprieve (Corinthian casuals in recent years) if they're not good enough to stay up they have to come down,in the recent years that I have played and now watched ccl each team has stayed up and the more established they become the higher they climb(exception to Walton casuals this year) godalming are in the playoffs merstham and chipstead are mid table (ish) and bedfont green have done enough to stay up which any team going up from any league wants to do,be it ccl 1 to ccl prem or coca cola champ to premiership.

Look at what happened when they scrapped ryman div 2 established ryman sides that finished high enough kept ryman status those that didn't got banished to step 5,Wembley,dorking,camberley,egham,Epsom,chertsey.with the backing and support these clubs have, they should get more of a chance to go up.I'm sure every club at step 5 feels the same.

Just a small suggestion 2nd from ccl plays 4th from bottom of ryman south(just an example)or create 6 new promotion slots by allowing the 12 2nd place teams to play off for 6 extra promotion spots

having played most of the season at egham now,and played every side im surprised at where some of the clubs are finnishing.our team are flying and have beat chertsey,camberley,epsom this season and unlucky not to take a point at ngu,i think it shows this league is very competitive and a run like ours can propell you right up the lge,we played croydon last week and i was impressed with them and the left back,wembley without ian in the middle were still organised and rpv yesterday worked hard and we were lucky with 1 or 2 decisions.ngu are doing the job well and a nice club and good luck to them if bthey do go up.we at begham have enjoyed good form and hope to bring that form into next season,it wil be interesting to see who comes into this league next year with afc hayes,bracknell and walton casuals all facing the drop.

WELCOME PEARCY TO THE CCL SITE.

TRUE COMMENTS FROM WHAT I HAVE SEEN THIS SEASON, VERY COMPETATIVE LEAGUE AND AS I HAVE SAID ALL SEASON, ANY TEAM ARE CAPABLE OF BEATING THE OTHER ON THEIR DAY.

EGHAM ON A GREAT RUN, SEE WHAT CONFIDENCE CAN DO. I SEE YOU'VE GOT SOME NEW PLAYERS OF LATE WHICH ARE OBVIOUSLY GOOD SIGNIGS FOR THE CLUB ? WHO THIS MC CARTHY, I DON'T RECALL HAVING SEEN HIM PLAY IN THE CCL WHERE DID HE COME FROM AND BARRANCE, I'M SURE HE WAS ONCE WITH BEDFONT GREEN SCORING GOALS THERE AS WELL ?

ANYWAY, COMING TO WATCH YOU/EGHAM TOMORROW AGAINST MOLESEY WHO I SEE ARE ON A DECENT RUN THEMSELVES. THINK THE MOLES ARE A GOOD, HARD WORKING AND FOOTBALLING TEAM. I BELIEVE THAT IF IT WASN'T FOR THEIR DREADFUL START OF THIS CAMPAIGN THEY WOULD BE THERE OR THERE ABOUTS.

REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS ONE ! WHAT'S THE WORD IN THE EGHAM CAMP MATE, FANCY YOUR CHANCES, ? I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT SO, ESPECIALLY NOW ?

SAW CHERTSEY JUST GET BY AT CHESSINGTON SATURDAY, THAT WAS A GOOD GAME AND SEE POMROY BACK TO SCORING GOALS AGAIN. MORE RUMOURS THAT POMROY GOING TO EGHAM NEXT SEASON ? I WOULD IMAGINE HE COSTS A BIT, BUT IF EGHAM CAN AFFORD HIM, HE'LL SCORE YOU GOALS AND CERTAINLY BE AN ASSET BUT AT THE MOMENT SEEING YOUR RESULTS DO YOU NEED HIM !

SEE YOU TOMORROW

What I don't understand about step 5 to step 4 is this common theme that teams get a reprieve (Corinthian casuals in recent years) if they're not good enough to stay up they have to come down,in the recent years that I have played and now watched ccl each team has stayed up and the more established they become the higher they climb(exception to Walton casuals this year) godalming are in the playoffs merstham and chipstead are mid table (ish) and bedfont green have done enough to stay up which any team going up from any league wants to do,be it ccl 1 to ccl prem or coca cola champ to premiership.

Look at what happened when they scrapped ryman div 2 established ryman sides that finished high enough kept ryman status those that didn't got banished to step 5,Wembley,dorking,camberley,egham,Epsom,chertsey.with the backing and support these clubs have, they should get more of a chance to go up.I'm sure every club at step 5 feels the same.

Just a small suggestion 2nd from ccl plays 4th from bottom of ryman south(just an example)or create 6 new promotion slots by allowing the 12 2nd place teams to play off for 6 extra promotion spots

Good points. I still don't think playoffs will work, but I agree that teams should not get a reprive. If they finish in a relegation spot, relegate them and promote the next team from below. Reward sucess rather than failure.

Good points. I still don't think playoffs will work, but I agree that teams should not get a reprive. If they finish in a relegation spot, relegate them and promote the next team from below. Reward sucess rather than failure.

I agree totally

From which League though TC - CCL, Essex Senior, Hellenic, Kent, Spartan or Sussex Senior - or a play-off to decide ??

Shall we say the destination of the team to be relegated?

That wouldn't be fair to an equally eligible team from one of the other Leagues - bound to be huge politics involved.

Take for example if Bracknell were forced down and both Binfield & Camberley were 2nd placed teams - who decides where Bracknell would go & thus which 2nd placed team was promoted?

Edited by Green_Fingers

That wouldn't be fair to an equally eligible team from one of the other Leagues - bound to be huge politics involved.

Take for example if Bracknell were forced down and both Binfield & Camberley were 2nd placed teams - who decides where Bracknell would go & thus which 2nd placed team was promoted?

READING FROM THE NON-LEAGUE PAPERS

IT APPEARS THAT BRACKNELL MAYBE RELEGATED TO THE HELLENIC AFTER DAVE TUTTLE WAS TOLD HIS SERVICES WILL NOT BE REQUIRED AT THE END OF THE SEASON.

BRACKNELL HAVE HAD CANDIDATES FOR THE VACANT JOB SUCH AS DAVE MUDGE, CARL TAYLOR AND NEIL BAKER. SO THEY WILL MAKE THEIR DECISION AFTER THIS SEASON FINISHES.

IT APPEARS THAT BRACKNELL MAYBE RELEGATED TO THE HELLENIC AFTER DAVE TUTTLE WAS TOLD HIS SERVICES WILL NOT BE REQUIRED AT THE END OF THE SEASON.

BRACKNELL HAVE HAD CANDIDATES FOR THE VACANT JOB SUCH AS DAVE MUDGE, CARL TAYLOR AND NEIL BAKER. SO THEY WILL MAKE THEIR DECISION AFTER THIS SEASON FINISHES.

I've heard that Dave Mudge is being lined up as the next Windsor & Eton manager, although I think his son may well play for Bracknell so you never know. I good guy from my experience and knows what he's talking about.

I've heard that Dave Mudge is being lined up as the next Windsor & Eton manager, although I think his son may well play for Bracknell so you never know. I good guy from my experience and knows what he's talking about.

I would be suprised if Mudgie went to Bracknell. He is a better manager than that.

• 1 month later...

Heard an unofficial whisper this morning that Mudge is now Windsor manager.

Yeh this has been doing the rounds for a little while now with budget cuts Scott has said he doesnt wish to do it anymore! Mudge and Byron Walton!