Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tuesday 27/04

Molesey 0 - 1 Guildford City

Pre-match cheese/bacon burger, not only the best tasting burger in the league, but good value at £3.

First half pretty even, neither team really having any major chances.

Half time chocolate cake in the board room was incredible, with friendly home committee.

City took the lead in the second half, before Molesey missed a multitude of chances to equalise. City looked dangerous on the break and came close to extending the lead against the run of play. Both teams hit the woodwork.

Sweeney had a half decent turn out and outsung the moany Molesey crowd at the other end.

All in all, an absolute smash and grab raid!

Molesey are a credit to this league... I'm told that their team left their changing room absolutely immaculate when they visited the Spectrum. We tried to do the same in return, and hope others will reciprocate their kindness!

Mind you, they'd be even better once some of their fans realise that chanting about the referee's alleged self-stimulation habits isn't really appropriate, especially at this level!

Egham 2 v Chertsey 4

Well deserved win for Chertsey in a good entertaining game. Chertsey took the lead but a great equalizer and then Egham got themselves in front. Chertsey got it back to 2 each just before half time. Second half was looking tight and could have gone either way until a miss placed ball forward fro Boswell was rolling harmlessly through to Pearcy in the Egham goal when it sonmehow went through his legs and trickled in the net. Had to feel for Pearcey though as he is without doubt a top keeper. Egham pushed to get level again and Dom was sent off for Chertsey but a great break from Tom O Regan end in Belcher scoring Chertseys fourth. Could have had a fifth when Tom got clear again but it wasn't to be. Great pay back for Chertsey after Easter Monday when Egham won at Alwyns lane then tried to smash the dressing room up!! Keep smiling Pearcy, great lad.

I'll try ctfcboy but I deserve all the abuse cos there is no excusing it and I explain what happened,I feel sick!!!

Yours wasn't the only bad mistake tonight that led to a goal. We discussed Chertsey's 2nd goal in the dressing room at half time and our part in it. The important message that I tried to get across was to look forward and not dwell on what we have done. That is all too easy and leads to further mistakes.

You made a couple of cracking saves tonight ... as did the Chertsy keeper.

Good game of football.

Nice to see that you are a fellow Tottenham fan

What were you discussing about chertseys 2nd goal? Seems the management wanted to blame the lino for putting his flag up and making you all stop. What a load of crap, flag never went up, lino twitched when your defender touched a ball he was trying to shield out of play but prevented the corner. Any excuse eh!

So many old Chertsey fans are coming out the woodwork and had not been for North Greenford being so consistant (well done) we would have gone up this season, we have lost 1 league game in 20 since being knocked out the vase and sometimes you have to hold your hands up and say well done. Tonights win gave us 90 pts, a great achievment. Well done boys.

CR

If NGU lose to Bedfont on Thursday then all you have to do is beat us 15-0 on Saturday and hope NGU lose by a couple or three goals to Molesey and the title's yours.

How much do you want to go up? (nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more.....)

Weeble, you are talking rubbish about the youth set up at Chertsey. I am part of it and i can ensure you that we are fine. Spencer has made us one club, not Chertsey Town and Chertsey Town Juniors. We are now all under the Chertsey Town banner and that is the best way forward. Obviously this is not to everyones liking, so a few teams and useless know it all youth managers will move on, but we will still have at least 12 teams from Under 6 to 18. Spencer kits us out in kit, get us involved with the club, supplies the manager's with jacket for free and i believe becoming one club is the right way to go.

I was at Egham tonight, and thought the football and the crowd were great. So many old Chertsey fans are coming out the woodwork and had not been for North Greenford being so consistant (well done) we would have gone up this season, we have lost 1 league game in 20 since being knocked out the vase and sometimes you have to hold your hands up and say well done. Tonights win gave us 90 pts, a great achievment. Well done boys.

CR

Useless know all youth team managers.......so it spreads from top to bottom then.

BEDFONT well beaten by the wood, goal after 22 secs set the tone wood very quick. the wrong side finished with 10 men. was treated to some woeful put downs by mr nicholls. fancy wood not to finish bottom 3.coffee%20%282%29.gif

Weeble, you are talking rubbish about the youth set up at Chertsey. I am part of it and i can ensure you that we are fine. Spencer has made us one club, not Chertsey Town and Chertsey Town Juniors. We are now all under the Chertsey Town banner and that is the best way forward. Obviously this is not to everyones liking, so a few teams and useless know it all youth managers will move on, but we will still have at least 12 teams from Under 6 to 18. Spencer kits us out in kit, get us involved with the club, supplies the manager's with jacket for free and i believe becoming one club is the right way to go.

I was at Egham tonight, and thought the football and the crowd were great. So many old Chertsey fans are coming out the woodwork and had not been for North Greenford being so consistant (well done) we would have gone up this season, we have lost 1 league game in 20 since being knocked out the vase and sometimes you have to hold your hands up and say well done. Tonights win gave us 90 pts, a great achievment. Well done boys.

CR

What you get an extra point just for being Chertsey? :coffee (2):

VP if we win our last 2 games we finish 2nd and then all we have to do is hope that a certain other clubs strong appeal against NGU is fruitful :smilewinkgrin:

Weeble, dont come on here and spout off about our youth system and supposed changes, without actually telling us what you think you know. You've been asked the question and still haven't bothered to give us your story?

Pot, kettle, black springs to mind.

Farleigh Rovers 3 2 Croydon Municipal

Farleigh get another 3 points!!

Croydon started the much better of the sides and played some nice football, Farleigh were way off the pace second to every ball and letting Croydon score their first goal from a Adrian Butler after good work by Adam Rea down the left wing. The goal came after only 5 minutes with Farleigh not switched on from front to back.

Worse was to come after 15 minutes, a poor goal kick from our keeper went straight to Adam Rea who sped into the box and squared to Adrian Butler who was all alone to score a 2nd off the bar.

Farleigh started to get a grip on the game and knew that a goal for us before half time would have brought us right back into the game. On 30 minutes a shot by former Croydon player Shaq Brown was parried by the keeper into the path of Paul Spencer, who nudged it onto Scott Robson to smash home from 6 yards.

With Farleigh now having all of the ball, the chances came, a corner from the right was delivered in, Andy Briant flicked the ball on bravely and Roy Newman had the easiest of jobs to head the ball in from no more than a yard out.

More chances came and went for Farleigh when the whistle blew for half time.

Second half Farleigh came out as they had finished the first, and had a couple of decent chances from set peices. Although the game settled down Farleigh were always in control and looked the only team wanting to win the game.

Some twinkle toe work in the midfield from Dell set Scott Robson through one on one and lifted the ball over the keeper and just wide of teh upright.

Another good move from Scott and Shaq, culminating in the Scott through on goal and instead on taking the ball forward or shooting left foot, tried to get his right foot round it, in doing so ending up damaging his ankle and having to go off.

With 2 minutes remaining a throw on the left was put in by Steff Malcolm, Spencer and the tall centre back went up to contest the ball, which fell the the edge of the box for Martin Dell to volley home into the bottom corner to give Farleigh a hard but much deserved 3 points.

We move onto Thursday now against Mole Valley, which i'm sure with both teams fit would be a great game, however all of the games played in the recent couple of weeks will definately be a factor in the game.

Farnham 3 Cobham 2

Cobham went 2-0 up in the 1st 10 mins but Farnham battled well to turn it around.

An accurate account of the game!

We are really struggling now and lost 5 on the spin.......6 of the starting 11 were u18 with the rest (apart from me) not much older.....says it all really!!! Picked up another 2 injuries as well so Sat's squad could be even more interesting!

Indeed.

Breakfast required in the Chertsey area this morning.

After the big bites this morning will he have any space for breakfast........

Egham 2 v Chertsey 4

Well deserved win for Chertsey in a good entertaining game. Chertsey took the lead but a great equalizer and then Egham got themselves in front. Chertsey got it back to 2 each just before half time. Second half was looking tight and could have gone either way until a miss placed ball forward fro Boswell was rolling harmlessly through to Pearcy in the Egham goal when it sonmehow went through his legs and trickled in the net. Had to feel for Pearcey though as he is without doubt a top keeper. Egham pushed to get level again and Dom was sent off for Chertsey but a great break from Tom O Regan end in Belcher scoring Chertseys fourth. Could have had a fifth when Tom got clear again but it wasn't to be. Great pay back for Chertsey after Easter Monday when Egham won at Alwyns lane then tried to smash the dressing room up!! Keep smiling Pearcy, great lad.

I'll try ctfcboy but I deserve all the abuse cos there is no excusing it and I explain what happened,I feel sick!!!

Yours wasn't the only bad mistake tonight that led to a goal. We discussed Chertsey's 2nd goal in the dressing room at half time and our part in it. The important message that I tried to get across was to look forward and not dwell on what we have done. That is all too easy and leads to further mistakes.

You made a couple of cracking saves tonight ... as did the Chertsy keeper.

Good game of football.

Nice to see that you are a fellow Tottenham fan

What were you discussing about chertseys 2nd goal? Seems the management wanted to blame the lino for putting his flag up and making you all stop. What a load of crap, flag never went up, lino twitched when your defender touched a ball he was trying to shield out of play but prevented the corner. Any excuse eh!

Don't know who you are and dont really care but you need to get your facts right on a few of your comments. Egham tried to smash up the changing room at Alywyns lane ! As manager of the team we dont behave like that and never have. There was no damage to your facilities whatsoever. I myself spent nearly 4 years at Chertssey and have a lot of respect for the peolple there. In regards to last night game both teams were excellent and it was probably the most entertaining game of the season to watch for both sets of suppporters. However for you to claim that the flag was not raised for the second goal and that egham are looking for any excuse is complete and utter nonsense. The officials addmitted the flag was raised and the had made a mistake. FACT ! Finally you state it was a well deserved win. A statement full of arogance. I havent t heard you comment on the 2 Cherstey players who were booked for stamping when both were straight red card offences. Maybe your poor neighbors at Egham would have beat you with 8 men. I am all for a debate and opinion but a factual one is best !

Sweeney - pretty accurate analysis of events last night, but you have to take your chances and we failed to do this last night and last week at Egham - result was two 1-0 defeats. We do try to leave changing rooms in good order when we leave and it was noticed that you had done the same last night, which was very much appreciated. Result and ref weren't great but, as I have said, he did not miss the chances. It was also very nice to speak with your supporters in the bar afterwards as you seem a really good bunch of lads and have a realistic angle on the CCL and non-league football in general. Non-league football does give us all the opportunity for a bit of banter and it is always nice to get the chance to get views from the other side of the fence. See you all next season.