Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tuesday 27/04

So better to come onto a forum and slate them instead The Fan. Or is it perhaps that by talking to them it may be they are correct and you are wrong ?

Have to have my twopenneth here,Referee's at C.C.L. level are very approachable,as are Assistants after games.Spoken to many this Season,and one thing they are definitely not is arrogant,and believe it or not The Fan ,they do admit when they are wrong.There are two sides to every coin though and you have to accept when they are right,has as happened on many occassions.As Kroons has said Refs have a split second to make decisions,and as this Forum has shown,4 Posters cannot remember seeing the incidents you refer too,and thats the problem.

just in that reply kroons has highlighted what ive encountered. rude and unapproachable. and smudge ive seen you operate you talk to anyone and everyone. but time after time posters come on here and say the ref was this or that, so maybe the 4 posters did not see the incident that you refer to smudge.sorry kroons forgot that this was a fans forum that was not allowed to discuss refs. i think i would be right in thinking ive watched more games

at ccl prem and 1 than you have this season. thats what being retired can do for you, the standards of officials in this league is poor, i think fitness is a major factor. but one other thing ive noticed is they dont work as a team the ref seems to take control of all decisions like a sunday morning pub match. as a nutruel if i cant come on to sites like this, how can someone who pays his £6 to watch games. bring the administrators attention to poor fitness as i have read it not monitored.coffee%20%282%29.gif

Sorry Fan my mistake but struggling to find where I put you were not entitled to your opinion. Feel free to enlighten me.

My reply was a question to you and you have chosen to ignore that and not answer it. So again not sure where I have been arrogant and unapproachable but certainly it appears that one of us doesnt have the decency to answere a direct question.

Always happy to discuss football with anyone and I am sure the majoirty of guys on here that know me will back that up. I look forward to meeting you and having a proper chat re officiating standards.

The Fan,Refs have regularly been discussed on this site,good and bad comments.As for the C.C.L. Administration taking any notice of what is posted on here,do not hold your breath.Would agree with your fitness remarks,this point has been made in numerous previous posts.But we are lucky on here, we have 3 posters to my knowledge who are Refs,who are open and honest with their comments.Suprised that you have not said Hello,seeing that you have in your words seen me OPERATE,maybe its because it's easier to criticise through a Computer Forum, than let people know who you are.I have no such problem in people knowing who I am,do you. By the way it's £3 for Concessions to get into most C.C.L. Grounds.

Edited by Smudge

I will always have an honest discussion after the match with anybody in the boardroom or bar but will not get in to heated discussions about the game.

If I (or us as a team) have made a mistake then I will admit it but there are times when we will just agree to differ over an incident.

Everybody has a view but as an official I do not believe it is appropriate to discuss games in detail or individual incidents on this forum.

I like to think that I work as part of a team and it is the referee's responsibility to state pre-match to his assistants what he wants from them. At supply league level and above I would hope than it is a bit more than throw-ins and offsides.

kroons i said in my original post, that if you tried to talk to a ref, or as it was mentioned a grown up chat. you surprised me by even thinking, that you can have any sort of rational discussion, when feelings are running so high. and as i stated in my post, even when his wrong the ref is right. never said mistakes were intentional, but as ive said, the after match chat as you advise, has caused so many bad scenes at the games ive attended. im not sure it is worth it. how do you answer the question that you might find out that they are right and you are wrong? i dont think i slated anyone directly. that would be rude. my point, well feel just going round in circles.

maybe you could advice me, what i am allowed to comment on a public forum. you need to be 65 to be classed

concession. quite a number of years to go until that.so your name is smudge is it , and kroons is and footy mad is

as for not saying hello we have chatted on several occasions at ccl games.coffee%20%282%29.gif

I'm intrigued now,we have chatted at several games, where they at the Arena.Yes you are correct my name is not Smudge,my name is Peter Eaton and proud of it,yours is?Are you a Fulham fan? You can talk about anything you like,Gold Membership,Birthdays,Rubbish Refs.,Good Refs,The Weather,a joke even.,J.J.s WORLDLY.

Edited by Smudge

My point Fan is that it is easy to slate officials, and there has been many instances of that on here, rather than speak with them. I tend to agree that straight after the game isnt always the best place but how about in the bar or boardroom after the game. Made my views clear that the boardroom visit should be stopped and officials should have their refreshments in the bar and hopefully there will be 2 way communication. I will use Mick Sullivan as a great example. He would be shouting for all he was worth in a game but in the bar it would be a reasonable chat over things and I know I have seen things differently after chatting with him and I am sure that has worked the other way too.

I will always have an honest discussion after the match with anybody in the boardroom or bar but will not get in to heated discussions about the game.

If I (or us as a team) have made a mistake then I will admit it but there are times when we will just agree to differ over an incident.

Everybody has a view but as an official I do not believe it is appropriate to discuss games in detail or individual incidents on this forum.

I like to think that I work as part of a team and it is the referee's responsibility to state pre-match to his assistants what he wants from them. At supply league level and above I would hope than it is a bit more than throw-ins and offsides.

Your in the sense that managers/players can and discuss what has happened not to change the result but both official and manager/player can learn what each others perspective is.I appeal for everything and will ask as to y a decision is given if it isn't blatently obvious.I don't see the point shouting and swearing at the ref(I shout and sweat at myself)it was good to see as with the game at chertsey the lge appointed a experienced and strong ref who whether right or wrong stuckto his decision

Egham 2 v Chertsey 4

Well deserved win for Chertsey in a good entertaining game. Chertsey took the lead but a great equalizer and then Egham got themselves in front. Chertsey got it back to 2 each just before half time. Second half was looking tight and could have gone either way until a miss placed ball forward fro Boswell was rolling harmlessly through to Pearcy in the Egham goal when it sonmehow went through his legs and trickled in the net. Had to feel for Pearcey though as he is without doubt a top keeper. Egham pushed to get level again and Dom was sent off for Chertsey but a great break from Tom O Regan end in Belcher scoring Chertseys fourth. Could have had a fifth when Tom got clear again but it wasn't to be. Great pay back for Chertsey after Easter Monday when Egham won at Alwyns lane then tried to smash the dressing room up!! Keep smiling Pearcy, great lad.

I'll try ctfcboy but I deserve all the abuse cos there is no excusing it and I explain what happened,I feel sick!!!

Yours wasn't the only bad mistake tonight that led to a goal. We discussed Chertsey's 2nd goal in the dressing room at half time and our part in it. The important message that I tried to get across was to look forward and not dwell on what we have done. That is all too easy and leads to further mistakes.

You made a couple of cracking saves tonight ... as did the Chertsy keeper.

Good game of football.

Nice to see that you are a fellow Tottenham fan

What were you discussing about chertseys 2nd goal? Seems the management wanted to blame the lino for putting his flag up and making you all stop. What a load of crap, flag never went up, lino twitched when your defender touched a ball he was trying to shield out of play but prevented the corner. Any excuse eh!

Don't know who you are and dont really care but you need to get your facts right on a few of your comments. Egham tried to smash up the changing room at Alywyns lane ! As manager of the team we dont behave like that and never have. There was no damage to your facilities whatsoever. I myself spent nearly 4 years at Chertssey and have a lot of respect for the peolple there. In regards to last night game both teams were excellent and it was probably the most entertaining game of the season to watch for both sets of suppporters. However for you to claim that the flag was not raised for the second goal and that egham are looking for any excuse is complete and utter nonsense. The officials addmitted the flag was raised and the had made a mistake. FACT ! Finally you state it was a well deserved win. A statement full of arogance. I havent t heard you comment on the 2 Cherstey players who were booked for stamping when both were straight red card offences. Maybe your poor neighbors at Egham would have beat you with 8 men. I am all for a debate and opinion but a factual one is best !

Fair comment about the changing rooms, "smashing them up" was too harsh, high spirits boiling over and players bashing the windows and doors is not unusual in sport. I agree both teams were excellent and a very entertaining game, good goals and great work rate. However, the lino only twitched with the flag, it was never at any point raised up. An Egham defender trying to shiled the ball out for a goal kick accidentally got a slight tounch on it which the lino saw and went to raise flag for a corner, but your man managed to keep it in, just, so flag did not go up. It did raise from his side but no more, I saw this clearly with my own eyes so is a fact. My comment that it was a well deserved win relates to the fact that Chertsey had to come from behind, were reduced to 10 men and were playing against local rivals with a lot of Chertsey connections so had to dig deep to come through. Scoring 2 goals whilst down to 10 is tribute to Chertsey players work and therefore in my eyes makes it a desrerved win. Nothing to do with arrogance. If you had manged to beat Chertsey with 10 men I am sure you would feel it was well desreved.

My comments were never meant to offend or made out of arrogance but do represent my opinion.

Let's all go all Rafa Benitez. FACT - The flag was raised before the second goal; whatever the reason for this it was a contributing factor. FACT- Two players from Chertsey should have been dismissed for brutality, and yes, the first one to deserve having to go scored the second Chertsey goal. FACT - "Scoring 2 goals whilst down to 10 is tribute to Chertsey players work and therefore in my eyes makes it a desrerved win. Nothing to do with arrogance" is arrant, arrogant nonsense. The third Chertsey goal went in 12 minutes into the second half; Worthington got sent off with five minutes left. Call me picky but if we're gonna get all childish about this then get the basics right. Time to out myself. I do the Egham website www.eghamtownfc.com (which is, I admit, pretty poor, but I am not a geeky tech head) and I write the club match reports. After 40 years supporting Egham Town I am as biased as the next man, which usually means one of the other three diehards (yeah, rubbish numbers but we're working on it.) Chertsey would have struggled to stop us scoring if the ref and his assistants had done their job properly. It is not just those officials; the one we had for our home game against Molesey was so bad the assessor said he should not be handling kid's games. It WAS a good game, nonetheless. I am ambivalent about wanting CTFC to go up; a local derby like this tilts my opinion towards wanting them to stay. We had not beaten Chertsey in the CCL until Easter Monday; it felt wonderful. I'd like to repeat the experience, home and away, next season. Spencer may have to spend some more money next season, but it will be nothing compared to the travelling costs. We know, we did a season of Southern League suffering.

Different type of game tonight - Pearcey had next to nothing to do as we won 4-0 at Dorking.

As Smudge says, a great post.

Can assure you that the referee did not see any acts of brutality otherwise red cards would have been shown

Did you take the time out at the end of the game to speak to the referee and ask for his opinion on the alleged acts???

No??

Why not???

Thanks at least for not slagging me off! I did not speak to the referee because I do get a bit heated when it comes to al things Egham shaped. I have a lousy temper when things are going wrong for us, and things certainly went wrong for us against Chertsey. As for speaking to the ref in general, that is not always easy to do. I run the eghamtownfc site and do the match reports and that is it as far as involvement is concerned, apart from the usual shouty stuff that fans do anyway. That means I have no committee involvement (the Bennett family are the committee - long story, no comment) so I go into the boardroom only to confirm details of subs and scorers and then I go home. Hanging around for the ref is not something I want to do; I have done all that in the past. Most are guarded in the extreme and get their story right with their assistants before coming over anyway. That is not to criticise them; without them we are all stuffed. I have found, for the reasons mentioned, that it is best to stay away. The ref on Tuesday would know how I felt anyway; I was on the phone to my partner and made a point of saying quite loudly what I thought of a man who missed two blatant stampings. He looked in my direction and gave what could be called a wry smile.

As for how Dorking played on Thursday - they were awful. Cove must have been REALLY tired to lose 4-1 there on Tuesday.