Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tuesday 27/04

Now I've calmed down slightly so hopefully these won't sound too much like bites,I feel score line was unfair on 10 out of 11 egham players,cos the 10 lads in front of me ran all night and for 15 mins after the goal they peppered the chertsey goal with shots and x's,and the chertsey lump at the back getting sent off was the result of this,after he got sent off we pushed forward with a lot missed oppotunitys but with us pushing forward it allowed chertsey to hit us on the break,of which 1 we cleared off the line and the other led to the 4th goal,I feel that,no sorry it's a fact my f;(k up killed us and the 4th goal would never had happened cos we wouldn't be chasing the equaliser,the game finishes 2-2,chertsey unhappy and I don't look like a complete Kent!!!!

Somewhere on here someone posted that we vandalised the chertsey dressing rooms,we didn't and we don't do that sort of thing,we do shout and scream,bang on the Walls just as every other side does in this lge.

I'd be interested if you agree or disagree with my views,ctfcboy,chertsey town or footy mad(we must stick together us spurs fans;) )

finally congratulations to north greenford fc on thier promotion,good luck next year.

Pearcey, think you may still be seeing it through rose tinted glasses mate! I agree your outfield players ran their hearts out, as they always do against Chertsey as local rivals, but dont really remember to many clear goal scoring efforts, apart from one great save that Stoney made. Also you are correct that the 3rd goal was a big turning point and you were chasing the game, but none of your defenders could have got anywhere near Tom O Regan anyway. Overall I thought it was a very entertaining game, your first goal was outstanding.

As for the dressing rooms at Alwyns lane then "smashing them up" was too strong but 3 or 4 of your players did bash the crap out of the doors and windows as Chertsey fans were passing, but yes I agree that is usual in all leagues when things go your way.

Egham 2 v Chertsey 4

Well deserved win for Chertsey in a good entertaining game. Chertsey took the lead but a great equalizer and then Egham got themselves in front. Chertsey got it back to 2 each just before half time. Second half was looking tight and could have gone either way until a miss placed ball forward fro Boswell was rolling harmlessly through to Pearcy in the Egham goal when it sonmehow went through his legs and trickled in the net. Had to feel for Pearcey though as he is without doubt a top keeper. Egham pushed to get level again and Dom was sent off for Chertsey but a great break from Tom O Regan end in Belcher scoring Chertseys fourth. Could have had a fifth when Tom got clear again but it wasn't to be. Great pay back for Chertsey after Easter Monday when Egham won at Alwyns lane then tried to smash the dressing room up!! Keep smiling Pearcy, great lad.

I'll try ctfcboy but I deserve all the abuse cos there is no excusing it and I explain what happened,I feel sick!!!

Yours wasn't the only bad mistake tonight that led to a goal. We discussed Chertsey's 2nd goal in the dressing room at half time and our part in it. The important message that I tried to get across was to look forward and not dwell on what we have done. That is all too easy and leads to further mistakes.

You made a couple of cracking saves tonight ... as did the Chertsy keeper.

Good game of football.

Nice to see that you are a fellow Tottenham fan

What were you discussing about chertseys 2nd goal? Seems the management wanted to blame the lino for putting his flag up and making you all stop. What a load of crap, flag never went up, lino twitched when your defender touched a ball he was trying to shield out of play but prevented the corner. Any excuse eh!

Don't know who you are and dont really care but you need to get your facts right on a few of your comments. Egham tried to smash up the changing room at Alywyns lane ! As manager of the team we dont behave like that and never have. There was no damage to your facilities whatsoever. I myself spent nearly 4 years at Chertssey and have a lot of respect for the peolple there. In regards to last night game both teams were excellent and it was probably the most entertaining game of the season to watch for both sets of suppporters. However for you to claim that the flag was not raised for the second goal and that egham are looking for any excuse is complete and utter nonsense. The officials addmitted the flag was raised and the had made a mistake. FACT ! Finally you state it was a well deserved win. A statement full of arogance. I havent t heard you comment on the 2 Cherstey players who were booked for stamping when both were straight red card offences. Maybe your poor neighbors at Egham would have beat you with 8 men. I am all for a debate and opinion but a factual one is best !

Fair comment about the changing rooms, "smashing them up" was too harsh, high spirits boiling over and players bashing the windows and doors is not unusual in sport. I agree both teams were excellent and a very entertaining game, good goals and great work rate. However, the lino only twitched with the flag, it was never at any point raised up. An Egham defender trying to shiled the ball out for a goal kick accidentally got a slight tounch on it which the lino saw and went to raise flag for a corner, but your man managed to keep it in, just, so flag did not go up. It did raise from his side but no more, I saw this clearly with my own eyes so is a fact. My comment that it was a well deserved win relates to the fact that Chertsey had to come from behind, were reduced to 10 men and were playing against local rivals with a lot of Chertsey connections so had to dig deep to come through. Scoring 2 goals whilst down to 10 is tribute to Chertsey players work and therefore in my eyes makes it a desrerved win. Nothing to do with arrogance. If you had manged to beat Chertsey with 10 men I am sure you would feel it was well desreved.

My comments were never meant to offend or made out of arrogance but do represent my opinion.

"twitched" the chertsey fans standing in front of my dad screamed for a corner!

The lino came and spoke to me after the game to consol me and said I quote "head up pearcey lad we all make mistakes,look at the 1 I made".I thought a young lad bartho had a good game against tom o'reagen,stone me he's quick,you could give a week notice and head start in my cab and I still wouldnt beat him.

Ctfcboy you don't mention anything about th 2 stamps????

And on agg 6-6 draw!

Edited by pearcey

Thought I would give my opinon for what its worth!

1. The game was incredibly tight and after a great start from ourselves, two missed chances we took a deserved lead

2. The Egham equalizer was a fantastic goal that we could do nothing about

3. Egham nearly scored immediately again from a corner that Stoney saved superbly only from the resulting corner for Egham to score after we failed to clear properly and their forward tapped in

4. I was right in front of the first stamping and although a 'pathetic token attempt' he should of been sent off and there is no excuse

5. Pearcey then pulls of a fantastic stop at point blank range as again we start to get control

6. Our winger chases past defender towards goal line and contact between the two is made and the linesman clearly lifts his flag ACROSS his chest signaling a penalty for a split second (this he confirmed to my face in the boardroom after). Egham probably did hestitate and the ball is pulled back and the lad that should have been sent off scores from the edge with a great strike. The lino told me he was playing advantage but I accept that it wasnt a great decesion for either side although the old cliche of play the whistle comes to mind

7. Second half starts with no team in real dominace but Pearcey lets a poor one in. He knows my thoughts, he is a top keeper but that's life sometimes

8. The gift lifts us and we are inches away from a fourth which skips by the post and then Pearcey redeems himself with an amazing save from a free kick which was bound for the top corner

9. Instead of finishing them off Egham start to gamble and leave space behind themselves and our lad gets sent off for two bookables , the second being dissent. Egham lay seige to our goal for seven minutes (according to sub and goal times) and have numerous free kicks and corners of which we defend superbly under massive pressure although Stoney has to only make one top save to keep us ahead

10. On the counter break we catch Egham and score a fouth and then had another cleared off the line and another three on one chance missed which would have flattered us as Egham heads had gone down

11. I was far to far to se the other stamping incident but I do not condone it in any way if it occurred

To be clear we did have our rub of the green on Tues but we also played very well and defended superbly when Egham threw everything at us. To my knowledge Egham did no damage to our changing rooms at Alywns and bashing walls etc is par for the course especially in a derby and our dressing room on Tues was also a noisy place. Both recent derbies were quality games, packed with incident and ended with one victory each. We have our complaints as do they . We all move on and get on with it.

Both sets of fans were fantastic in making it a great atmosphere and I am especially gratefull to our support that never stopped cheering us

Edited by chertseytown

CTFCBOY,Can you clear up the alleged Stamping Incidents,or did you have an ARSENE moment.

Smudge,

Unfortunately I cannot claim to have seen clearly either of them but one of the people with me says he did see the first one which I understand was in front of the main stand and right in front of the referee, and I am told should have been a straight red.....

The lino came and spoke to me after the game to consol me and said I quote "head up pearcey lad we all make mistakes,look at the 1 I made".I thought a young lad bartho had a good game against tom o'reagen,stone me he's quick,you could give a week notice and head start in my cab and I still wouldnt beat him.

And on agg 6-6 draw!

Peracey, CTFC fans screamed for the corner when your full back touched the ball he was trying to shield out and it looked like it was going for one which I believe is the lino's reaction. Sorry but I didnt see the 2 stamps although I am told the first ione was blatant and a definite red.

6- 6 aggregate draw shows they were 2 good games.....

Chertseytown,A very fair and open account of the game as you saw it.At least you do not wear blinkers as other posters on here do.Keep up the good work.Gold Membership is only £5,thought I would remind you,as I know it must of slipped your mind.

And on agg 6-6 draw!

Peracey, CTFC fans screamed for the corner when your full back touched the ball he was trying to shield out and it looked like it was going for one which I believe is the lino's reaction. Sorry but I didnt see the 2 stamps although I am told the first ione was blatant and a definite red.

6- 6 aggregate draw shows they were 2 good games.....

Are you farsen] wengers love child???

You describe the flag/no flag incident with no visual problems,but 2 stamps you see nothing!!!!

Edited by pearcey

Click on Gold Membership at top of page tells you there.Only £3000 a week thats why you aint cracked it yet(tongue in cheek).Think you need me as your P.A. to up the Chertsey image,cannot understand the bad feeling that seems to be shown to your Club.But good luck to you as if I had the good fortune to run a Club with my own money,the first thing you need to do is get Ryman class players to get you out of C.C.L.And Pomroy although good is not Ryman Class,as he proved at Croydon Athletic many seasons ago.Tom O'Regan however is Conference class,thats where you need to start.You get a lot of Jealousy at Non League Level,but good luck to you in your plans for the future.Have a love in.

Edited by Smudge

Can't afford it as I pay out £3,000 a week to players don't you know?!!

Happy to oblidge, where do you send it.?

Quality quote....

Egham 2 v Chertsey 4

Well deserved win for Chertsey in a good entertaining game. Chertsey took the lead but a great equalizer and then Egham got themselves in front. Chertsey got it back to 2 each just before half time. Second half was looking tight and could have gone either way until a miss placed ball forward fro Boswell was rolling harmlessly through to Pearcy in the Egham goal when it sonmehow went through his legs and trickled in the net. Had to feel for Pearcey though as he is without doubt a top keeper. Egham pushed to get level again and Dom was sent off for Chertsey but a great break from Tom O Regan end in Belcher scoring Chertseys fourth. Could have had a fifth when Tom got clear again but it wasn't to be. Great pay back for Chertsey after Easter Monday when Egham won at Alwyns lane then tried to smash the dressing room up!! Keep smiling Pearcy, great lad.

I'll try ctfcboy but I deserve all the abuse cos there is no excusing it and I explain what happened,I feel sick!!!

Yours wasn't the only bad mistake tonight that led to a goal. We discussed Chertsey's 2nd goal in the dressing room at half time and our part in it. The important message that I tried to get across was to look forward and not dwell on what we have done. That is all too easy and leads to further mistakes.

Good game of football.

What were you discussing about chertseys 2nd goal? Seems the management wanted to blame the lino for putting his flag up and making you all stop. What a load of crap, flag never went up, lino twitched when your defender touched a ball he was trying to shield out of play but prevented the corner. Any excuse eh!

Don't know who you are and dont really care but you need to get your facts right on a few of your comments. Egham tried to smash up the changing room at Alywyns lane ! As manager of the team we dont behave like that and never have. There was no damage to your facilities whatsoever. I myself spent nearly 4 years at Chertssey and have a lot of respect for the peolple there. In regards to last night game both teams were excellent and it was probably the most entertaining game of the season to watch for both sets of suppporters. However for you to claim that the flag was not raised for the second goal and that egham are looking for any excuse is complete and utter nonsense. The officials addmitted the flag was raised and the had made a mistake. FACT ! Finally you state it was a well deserved win. A statement full of arogance. I havent t heard you comment on the 2 Cherstey players who were booked for stamping when both were straight red card offences. Maybe your poor neighbors at Egham would have beat you with 8 men. I am all for a debate and opinion but a factual one is best !

Fair comment about the changing rooms, "smashing them up" was too harsh, high spirits boiling over and players bashing the windows and doors is not unusual in sport. I agree both teams were excellent and a very entertaining game, good goals and great work rate. However, the lino only twitched with the flag, it was never at any point raised up. An Egham defender trying to shiled the ball out for a goal kick accidentally got a slight tounch on it which the lino saw and went to raise flag for a corner, but your man managed to keep it in, just, so flag did not go up. It did raise from his side but no more, I saw this clearly with my own eyes so is a fact. My comment that it was a well deserved win relates to the fact that Chertsey had to come from behind, were reduced to 10 men and were playing against local rivals with a lot of Chertsey connections so had to dig deep to come through. Scoring 2 goals whilst down to 10 is tribute to Chertsey players work and therefore in my eyes makes it a desrerved win. Nothing to do with arrogance. If you had manged to beat Chertsey with 10 men I am sure you would feel it was well desreved.

My comments were never meant to offend or made out of arrogance but do represent my opinion.

Let's all go all Rafa Benitez. FACT - The flag was raised before the second goal; whatever the reason for this it was a contributing factor. FACT- Two players from Chertsey should have been dismissed for brutality, and yes, the first one to deserve having to go scored the second Chertsey goal. FACT - "Scoring 2 goals whilst down to 10 is tribute to Chertsey players work and therefore in my eyes makes it a desrerved win. Nothing to do with arrogance" is arrant, arrogant nonsense. The third Chertsey goal went in 12 minutes into the second half; Worthington got sent off with five minutes left. Call me picky but if we're gonna get all childish about this then get the basics right. Time to out myself. I do the Egham website www.eghamtownfc.com (which is, I admit, pretty poor, but I am not a geeky tech head) and I write the club match reports. After 40 years supporting Egham Town I am as biased as the next man, which usually means one of the other three diehards (yeah, rubbish numbers but we're working on it.) Chertsey would have struggled to stop us scoring if the ref and his assistants had done their job properly. It is not just those officials; the one we had for our home game against Molesey was so bad the assessor said he should not be handling kid's games. It WAS a good game, nonetheless. I am ambivalent about wanting CTFC to go up; a local derby like this tilts my opinion towards wanting them to stay. We had not beaten Chertsey in the CCL until Easter Monday; it felt wonderful. I'd like to repeat the experience, home and away, next season. Spencer may have to spend some more money next season, but it will be nothing compared to the travelling costs. We know, we did a season of Southern League suffering.

Different type of game tonight - Pearcey had next to nothing to do as we won 4-0 at Dorking.

Dukla great post,spoken from the heart and told how you saw the game.Shame you found this great site,so late in the season,but do hope you keep posting because people like yourself,are Non League through and through.How did Dorking play.

Egham 2 v Chertsey 4

Good game of football.

Let's all go all Rafa Benitez. FACT - The flag was raised before the second goal; whatever the reason for this it was a contributing factor. FACT- Two players from Chertsey should have been dismissed for brutality, and yes, the first one to deserve having to go scored the second Chertsey goal. FACT - "Scoring 2 goals whilst down to 10 is tribute to Chertsey players work and therefore in my eyes makes it a desrerved win. Nothing to do with arrogance" is arrant, arrogant nonsense. The third Chertsey goal went in 12 minutes into the second half; Worthington got sent off with five minutes left. Call me picky but if we're gonna get all childish about this then get the basics right. Time to out myself. I do the Egham website www.eghamtownfc.com (which is, I admit, pretty poor, but I am not a geeky tech head) and I write the club match reports. After 40 years supporting Egham Town I am as biased as the next man, which usually means one of the other three diehards (yeah, rubbish numbers but we're working on it.) Chertsey would have struggled to stop us scoring if the ref and his assistants had done their job properly. It is not just those officials; the one we had for our home game against Molesey was so bad the assessor said he should not be handling kid's games. It WAS a good game, nonetheless. I am ambivalent about wanting CTFC to go up; a local derby like this tilts my opinion towards wanting them to stay. We had not beaten Chertsey in the CCL until Easter Monday; it felt wonderful. I'd like to repeat the experience, home and away, next season. Spencer may have to spend some more money next season, but it will be nothing compared to the travelling costs. We know, we did a season of Southern League suffering.

Different type of game tonight - Pearcey had next to nothing to do as we won 4-0 at Dorking.

As Smudge says, a great post.

Can assure you that the referee did not see any acts of brutality otherwise red cards would have been shown

Did you take the time out at the end of the game to speak to the referee and ask for his opinion on the alleged acts???

No??

Why not???

Good Post but typical of a biased fan so well pointed out. I run an U11 side. They have been taught since being U6 only to stop if the Ref blows his whistle !!!! And as The Fan says above and as I have said time and again it is all very well coming onto a forum and slating refs but perhaps a grown up chat with them face to face would be better ?

I am sorry if you say have a grown up chat with the ref. i cant belive you have managed or played at this level.

the last thing that they really want to talk about is a decision, that might mean them admiting making a mistake.

and most of there arrogance, wont let them consider your point of veiw. and why should it because the ref is always right, even when his wrong there is no going back.coffee%20%282%29.gif

Good Post but typical of a biased fan so well pointed out. I run an U11 side. They have been taught since being U6 only to stop if the Ref blows his whistle !!!! And as The Fan says above and as I have said time and again it is all very well coming onto a forum and slating refs but perhaps a grown up chat with them face to face would be better ?

Not 100% but I think footy mad is a ref,or even the ref from tuesday??? Sorry footy if I'm wrong