Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

A blog on behaviour

Hey CCFL-ites,

Yes, another day, another blog. This one is also touching on behaviour but perhaps in a different way.... would be interested, as ever, in your thoughts as I have found those who post here have some fantastic views on things!

http://bit.ly/aaXL84

Perhaps partly inspired by dismissing a 14 year old for violent conduct at the weekend...

A very good 'blog', Mewcenary !

I have to say that some of the side-line 'coaching' I have witnessed in youth football leaves me to believe that certain 'parents' should stay at home and let the professionals get on and train their offspring.

Sometimes, the side-line language at youth games exceeds that heard in Non-League !

I have been lucky so far in that I have yet to have any serious problem with parents at youth ('yoof' ?) football. I think simply because I am an adult who stands over six foot tall. I suspect referees who are youths themselves have it harder just because parents feel they can exert their 'influence'.

Although I think the youth league I deal with (NEHYL) has good standards in general. The vast majority of coaches and officials and parents have had the right idea about things.

Watched my younger son in the NEHYL on Saturday. Only a small sided game so the referee was a young lad. The 2 coaches on the other team litearally waved their arms all over the place everytime they wanted a decision and most of the time they got it but when they didnt you could hear the tutting on the other side of the pitch along with all the head shaking. Needless to say the other side got the majoirty of decisions, most of which were correct but our side got very little on similar challenges. I went over to the young lad at half time and asked if I could speak to him. he allowed me.

I congratulated him on a good first half but then explained how it appeared on the sideline and that he should not get intimidated by the other teams coaches. He said he didnt feel he was but thanked me for speaking with him. In the 2nd half he again got most decisions right despite the nonsense coming from opposite us. I again said well done at the end.

Just for the record my sons team were beaten easily with the majority of goals coming in the 2nd half.